Will Mallory

Advertisement
Agreed. The clip may just be drills, but I saw him, in person, make those same one handed snatches during the football season over the past two years.

He is fast as ****, and is deceptively strong. He was a great blocker when he was playing at 205-210. Now that he is 230+, heis going to be an even better blocker. He ran a 10.99 in the 100m with the added weight (He was 225 at the track state finals.

He is a freak, to say the least.
He played in your area?

I bet he was a **** man child compared to those high school kids.

He played in your area?

I bet he was a **** man child compared to those high school kids.
Man child, he was! Lol. It didn't look fair at all. Don't get me wrong, Duval has it's share of powerhouse schools and plenty of talent (nothing close to South Florida), but Mallory was a mismatch nightmare against every team that he faced. Linebackers didn't stand a chance because of his speed and route running skills. DB's literally would get laughed at by their own fans because of how Mallory would just bully the s'hit out of them.

The kid is a legend up here in 904 country. He made many highlight reel catches and flat out smoked many a LB or DB they tried putting on him. Mallory is going to be a freak of nature especially in our offense. Richt I’m sure has been salivating on which plays to run with both Jordan and Will in the game. There’s just no way to properly matchup against these 2 without serious consequences.

Advertisement
Man child, he was! Lol. It didn't look fair at all. Don't get me wrong, Duval has it's share of powerhouse schools and plenty of talent (nothing close to South Florida), but Mallory was a mismatch nightmare against every team that he faced. Linebackers didn't stand a chance because of his speed and route running skills. DB's literally would get laughed at by their own fans because of how Mallory would just bully the s'hit out of them.
This that shlt I like

I think Mallory's weight is legit. He looks even bigger than 225 lbs. He looks as big as Brevin Jordan. Dude can really move well. Check him out.

First Look at Miami Hurricanes Freshman TE Will Mallory

First Look at Miami Hurricanes Freshman TE Brevin Jordan

I think Will and Jordan are going to be unstoppable. At this point Mallory is looking very impressive.
Mallory is up to6’5 230, Brevin is 6’3 245 but carries it very well. Really excited about these two guys

Advertisement
Im so ready for some dual TE sets with our two freshmen out there. Teams dont even know what is coming for them.

I've always thought there was a real opportunity here, when you have two good receivers that are willing blockers. Maybe the coaches here could weigh in. So, you have flankers out wide both sides, two TEs and a back. One TE is lined up, down, next the the RT. The other TE is standing up next to him, off the line (the right flanker is off the line too).

This formation is both a power running formation to the right, and a 5 WR set, if you include the back. Seems like it would be a major headache to scheme against.

My hot take that I've said several times in the past 7 months is Will Mallory will wind up as a better player than Brevin Jordan.....and IMO Brevin was every bit deserving of the ranking he had coming out of HS.

I just think Mallory's ceiling is even higher, and for how good Jordan is and is going to be, that's absolutely frightening for everyone else in the ACC.

Mallory reminds me a lot of Travis Kelce. He will be 6'5 and 250 by the time he's done here. We should all be ****ing ourselves with excitement to watch these 2 develop the next 3 years.

I've always thought there was a real opportunity here, when you have two good receivers that are willing blockers. Maybe the coaches here could weigh in. So, you have flankers out wide both sides, two TEs and a back. One TE is lined up, down, next the the RT. The other TE is standing up next to him, off the line (the right flanker is off the line too).

This formation is both a power running formation to the right, and a 5 WR set, if you include the back. Seems like it would be a major headache to scheme against.
This was touched on in another thread the other day, but we saw a hint of it a few times last season. The thing with these guys is it will allow us to run tempo and lock a defense into mismatches.

You take 21 personnel and you can force a team into a 4-3 look with both TEs anchored to the line. Then with that same personnel you can shift Brevin to H-back for some inside power or extra pass blocking. Split Mallory out wide for a 3 wide 1 TE set. Split them both out wide for a 4 wide shotgun set, or even take a guy like DeeJay and motion him out wide for a 5 wide empty. Richards and Thomas out wide with Brevin and Mallory and DeeJay out there with them...against 3 Lbs...what are you going to do against that? If the Lbs bail into coverage, Rosier's just gonna tuck it and kill them with that Read Draw we had so much early success with last season.

Advertisement
There's no way they can use him in-line right? Looks very thin.
He’s not that thin imo, 6’5 230 as a true freshman. With that being said I doubt We use him as an in-line tight end this year. By next spring he will be 6’5 240

Advertisement
I think Mallory's weight is legit. He looks even bigger than 225 lbs. He looks as big as Brevin Jordan. Dude can really move well. Check him out.

First Look at Miami Hurricanes Freshman TE Will Mallory

First Look at Miami Hurricanes Freshman TE Brevin Jordan

I think Will and Jordan are going to be unstoppable. At this point Mallory is looking very impressive.

Love what Brevin brings to the table and he already has a great build. I think Mallory, otoh, is the game changer. Effortless long strider out there.

Jordan has a lot more going on downstairs. Mallory will get there but I don't imagine he'll be used in-line a ton this early.

DiwLoN_VMAA82pX.jpg

Advertisement
Back