Will Mallory

I said it before and I will say it again, though I believe Jordan had the better high school career, it would not shock me at all if Mallory ends up having the better college career. Either way, they are both going to have great careers at Miami. The only reason why Mallory wasn't considered one of the top 2 tight ends, was due to injury. It's truly astonishing that Hartley was able to convince the top 2 tight ends in the country to commit to the same school in the same class.

Advertisement
I said it before and I will say it again, though I believe Jordan had the better high school career, it would not shock me at all if Mallory ends up having the better college career. Either way, they are both going to have great careers at Miami. The only reason why Mallory wasn't considered one of the top 2 tight ends, was due to injury. It's truly astonishing that Hartley was able to convince the top 2 tight ends in the country to commit to the same school in the same class.
I think this gets overlooked sometimes because of how good the rest of the class is, but it was one **** of a coup. Defending one elite TE with speed is hard enough. I want to see what exactly DCs are gonna do when Jordan & Mallory line up with Ahmmon & JT on the outside & a physical runner like Homer in the backfield. Keep more LBs on the field & hope they can stay with those TEs on routes? Bring in an extra DB & get pummeled by Homer running behind the 2 TE set? What if it's DJ instead of Homer? We can instantly turn a 2 TE power running formation into essentially a 5 WR set using only pre snap motion.

Exciting times.

El Blanco Si Cario approves this message.

Jordan might be the more highly-rated player, and perhaps ahead of Mallory physically. However, there's a chance that Mallory is ahead of Jordan mentally and gets on the field ahead of Jordan. You really never know how a kid will react to playing at the next level. Jordan may also become the starter on day 1 as many expect, but I think Mallory gets forgotten a bit being in Jordan's shadow. If he's 225 now then he'll likely be 230-235 by August.

based on what?

Advertisement
Wow, I didn't realize he tested that well. Those are very impressive numbers for a TE. Though I guess it makes sense that he's been an elite NFL TE for several years now.

Olsen at Miami was such a waste. Kyle Wright was the #1 QB coming out of HS and consistently dirt balled his throws to Olsen. Not sure who is more inaccurate, Wright or Rosier. It’s one reason I am hoping Perry or Williams wins the starting position. Gotta put the ball in the hands of your playmakers.

Both will play a lot this year. We have no TE’s in this roster. Polendy may one day be able to block and Irving is serviaceble but that’s about it. These kids may be starting by the mid season.

Advertisement
El Blanco Si Cario approves this message.

I know what El and Blanco mean, but didnt know sicario. Google said it means "hitman".

You have to forgive me, my man. This ine went way over my head. Does is mean The White Hitman?

I know what El and Blanco mean, but didnt know sicario. Google said it means "hitman".

You have to forgive me, my man. This ine went way over my head. Does is mean The White Hitman?

Bro you got it exactly correct. When you get some time watch the movie Sicario. You’ll understand why Hartley has been given that surname.

Both of these guys going to ball this year, can’t wait

Anyone else catch that Hartley says 2 more TEs for surge ‘19. With Zipperer not going to Paradise which 100% means we won’t commit (sarcasm), who do you think he’s referring to??? 👀

Advertisement
I think this gets overlooked sometimes because of how good the rest of the class is, but it was one **** of a coup. Defending one elite TE with speed is hard enough. I want to see what exactly DCs are gonna do when Jordan & Mallory line up with Ahmmon & JT on the outside & a physical runner like Homer in the backfield. Keep more LBs on the field & hope they can stay with those TEs on routes? Bring in an extra DB & get pummeled by Homer running behind the 2 TE set? What if it's DJ instead of Homer? We can instantly turn a 2 TE power running formation into essentially a 5 WR set using only pre snap motion.

Exciting times.

CMR ain’t that creative. But **** that would awesome.

Bro you got it exactly correct. When you get some time watch the movie Sicario. You’ll understand why Hartley has been given that surname.
Adding it to the list. Just from the literal sense, I get it already, but I will definitely check out the movie.

Advertisement
He's generally been a conservative coach, but did you ever think he'd put DeeJay in the wildcat? He hasn't had players as versatile as the guys on this team. Richt has shown he can adapt to his players' strengths. This offense's ability to create mismatches will be one of it's best weapons.

I think he opens it up this year.

He's generally been a conservative coach, but did you ever think he'd put DeeJay in the wildcat? He hasn't had players as versatile as the guys on this team. Richt has shown he can adapt to his players' strengths. This offense's ability to create mismatches will be one of it's best weapons.

I think he opens it up this year.
Hopefully, if deejay is in the wildcat let him throw it some, he was a qb in highschool. Don’t just run it every play when they know that’s what you are going to do. That was my only complaint about the wildcat last season

Exactly, what a baseless comment. Yeah Mallory is the son of a coach who played ball but Jordan’s dad was also drafted and he played at an elite program in Bishop Gorman that is an excellent all around school.

He did say "there's a chance", but it's one of those things that doesn't need to be said and I'm not sure if he says it going in the other direction.

Richt did that the last 2 seasons with Herndon, Njoku, and to a lesser extent Irvin. In addition, he did the same decades ago at FSU in 90s, where instead of 2 TEs they used a FB (William Floyd, Zack Crockett) and TE to create those scheme variations and match-up advantages; depending on what Realus and Choc do they can easily be added to the equation and play that H-back position as well.

Also, you don't have to shift them all to the line of scrimmage to send five guys out on pass routs, but he can do that to see if they're zoning or going man. That said, going 5 wide and emptying the backfield takes away the play-action pass (something Richt likes to do) and leaves the QB as the only running threat; a formation Richt has also capitalized on several times with Malik running the draw from an empty set.

In reality, Mark Richt is so far ahead of MOST COACHES when it comes to offenses that there's no way simpletons on this site can think of something he hasn't already done. If you really knew your history or understood what you were looking at the past two seasons, you wouldn't have made such an obviously backwards statement. All you've managed to do by trying to slight CMR is demonstrate your complete and utter lack of knowledge about him and football in general.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back