Why does everyone think that N.C. is so far ahead than The U as a football program

Advertisement
So judging by our results against them and others, we aren’t better than them, at this point in time, which is the point.
I get the point, I was clarifying the framing. We were 8-3 and they were 8-4, so you can't objectively make a successful argument that either of us was/is significantly better than the other.

We're 8-8 in the last 16.
We're 8-9 in the last 17, which is when we joined the ACC and started playing them again. Prior to that we last played in 1964.

Also, the 2008 and 2009 victories were vacated. That puts us at:

0-2 in the last 2
2-2 in the last 4
2-4 in the last 6
4-4 in the last 8
5-5 in the last 10
6-5 in the last 12
6-6 in the last 14
8-6 in the last 16
8-7 in the last 17

Are these #’s including the vacated L’s or are they counted as W’s?

Because they literally just ran all over us?

it's because they are going gangbusters in recruiting.

a friend of mine who is a Power 5 head coach told me that with how they are recruiting, UNC is going to be the biggest threat to UM resurgence over the next 2-3 years, not Clemson.

Advertisement
Are these #’s including the vacated L’s or are they counted as W’s?
The vacated L's are excluded.

Realistically, the only solid comparison is the last 2 years Manny vs Mack (0-2), but if you want to focus on Manny, he's 2-3 against UNC at UM.

People putting up videos and stats of last year are missing the point of this thread.

The OP of this thread is asking about 2021 not 2020. Most of their offensive weapons are gone. The heart and soul of their Defense is gone.

They still have good coaching, a Veteran QB and homefield against us but other than that should they really be hyped up as much as they are? I don't think so.

Yeah, I knew they kicked our *** that day, and with the ACCCG on the line.
Of all things the D let us down. In Manny’s 4 previous yrs here, the D was our strength.
Hopefully, with Manny back calling the D & an upgrade with every position coach on the D we can get back to being that disruptive D that we were previously.
just think if the D plays like the previous years and another year of Lashlee & King on the Offense we might be relevant
What you said literally does nothing to refute why NC is considered leagues ahead of us, which is obvious to everyone on the planet but you apparently, or who watched the game. UNC still has an experienced head coach and a full time D coordinator. We now have a part time inexperienced head coach and a part time D coordinator. They may put 70 on us next year, or just call it early with a mercy rule.

The vacated L's are excluded.

Realistically, the only solid comparison is the last 2 years Manny vs Mack (0-2), but if you want to focus on Manny, he's 2-3 against UNC at UM.

So if those vacated L’s were included, are we saying we actually have a losing record against a b-ball school since joining the ACC?
Edit: I think u hi lighted that from the beginning.

Regardless, even if we’re .500 or a one or two win margin over them; bro that’s completely unacceptable. We’re talking UNC; not FSU, not Louisville, not Pitt, not Syracuse....UNC. A freggin Basketball Powerhouse, not known for football sans Lawrence Taylor & Julius Peppers. WTF?? That’s wild to even know we’re this even w/ them & in reality, have a losing record against them in light of W’s being vacated from them.

This season, I want blood bro. Like I want 77-0 blood. That’s bull chit.

Advertisement
it's because they are going gangbusters in recruiting.

a friend of mine who is a Power 5 head coach told me that with how they are recruiting, UNC is going to be the biggest threat to UM resurgence over the next 2-3 years, not Clemson.

We're recruiting at about the same clip. It'll come down to coaching and how well the classes were evaluated.

Nailed it man! And like me and many others have been screaming since day one, it’s a make believe Mickey Mouse scheme. It’s a fallacy, a mirage and Manure of course is the only coach in all of all CFB who runs it because any other D coordinator with half a brain laughs at it. It’s a joke and just more of manure acting like the smartest guy in the room by trying to reinvent the wheel of a hundred plus years of CFB defense. All I have to say to Manure is.........
View attachment 143357
I'm not saying they should get rid of the scheme wntirely. You just can't run it all the time and against every opponent. Simply put, it's like blitzing cover 0 every down. It becomes predictable and can be schematicly defeated.

Didn’t wanna believe b/c I tend to block out bad memories from Miami football, but man.....

2015: 21 - 59 (Gawlee...anyways L)
2016: 13 - 20 (L)
2017: 24 - 19 (W)
2018: 47 - 10 (W)
2019: 25 - 28 (L)
2020: No comment (L)

It’s time to stop this bull chit.
And that was when we had better recruiting classes than them, but it's different now.

Advertisement
So if those vacated L’s were included, are we saying we actually have a losing record against a b-ball school since joining the ACC?
Edit: I think u hi lighted that from the beginning.

Regardless, even if we’re .500 or a one or two win margin over them; bro that’s completely unacceptable. We’re talking UNC; not FSU, not Louisville, not Pitt, not Syracuse....UNC. A freggin Basketball Powerhouse, not known for football sans Lawrence Taylor & Julius Peppers. WTF?? That’s wild to even know we’re this even w/ them & in reality, have a losing record against them in light of W’s being vacated from them.

This season, I want blood bro. Like I want 77-0 blood. That’s bull chit.
I want a humiliating loss that starts the decline of Mack Brown and ends any Sam Howell for Heisman discussion. 77-0 works for me.

I get the point, I was clarifying the framing. We were 8-3 and they were 8-4, so you can't objectively make a successful argument that either of us was/is significantly better than the other.
Getting our asses pounded out publicly by them is the basis for a successful argument, IMO, so I disagree with your view. But it doesn't really matter.

Advertisement
Getting our asses pounded out publicly by them is the basis for a successful argument, IMO, so I disagree with your view. But it doesn't really matter.
Have you ever suffered a great loss in your life? Did you praise that which beat the sht out of you or did you prepare and go back at it harder? Should we forfeit the game this year so we don't get beat even worse?

They planned their game well and exploited every weakness. It happens. That doesn't make them a top tier team.

Can’t imagine why.
Have we gone head to head lately?
Mano a mano?
Would probably provide best evidence of who is better.

I want a humiliating loss that starts the decline of Mack Brown and ends any Sam Howell for Heisman discussion. 77-0 works for me.
Lol. That’s what they did to us, and now Manny has resurrected himself like Jesus. Not sure it will work.

Have you ever suffered a great loss in your life? Did you praise that which beat the sht out of you or did you prepare and go back at it harder? Should we forfeit the game this year so we don't get beat even worse?

They planned their game well and exploited every weakness. It happens. That doesn't make them a top tier team.
You sound weirdly confused.

No one is praising them or suggesting we do anything other than go back at it. Your head is really twisted around. The question is should we lie to ourselves and try to act like butthurt millennials in denial and pretend they didn't just beat us like a red-headed step child, or should we be adults about it, accept we took a beating, and quietly go about doing the work to improve rather than pounding our chests about 1987.

Advertisement
Back