Why does everyone think that N.C. is so far ahead than The U as a football program

sitzee

Freshman
Why do all the publications have The Tarheels ahead of UM as a football program?
Since both Mack Brown & Manny Diaz were hired for the 2019 season Brown is 15-10 & Diaz is 14-10. This past year Brown lost 4 games 2 to ranked teams & 2 to unranked teams (FSU & Virginia). Manny lost 3 games all to ranked teams, and UM beat both FSU & Virginia. Manny won all the games he was supposed to beat and yes, struggled against the better competition, but so did UNC.
And, as far as recruiting were neck n’ neck. UNC had the better recruiting classes in 20 and UM had the better class in’19 & ‘21. But the difference as far as class rankings is minimal in all 3 years.
so why the Bias towards UNC?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do all the publications have The Tarheels ahead of UM as a football program?
Since both Mack Brown & Manny Diaz were hired for the 2019 season Brown is 15-10 & Diaz is 14-10. This past year Brown lost 4 games 2 to ranked teams & 2 to unranked teams (FSU & Virginia). Manny lost 3 games all to ranked teams, and UM beat both FSU & Virginia. Manny won all the games he was supposed to beat and yes, struggled against the better competition, but so did UNC.
And, as far as recruiting were neck n’ neck. UNC had the better recruiting classes in 20 and UM had the better class in’19 & ‘21. But the difference as far as class rankings is minimal in all 3 years.

Comparisons tend to lean on scores against common opponents and head-to-head matchups. The latter is generally weighed heavier. As you indicated, both teams struggled against better competition. So that's a wash. Common opponents? Yes Miami has the advantage. Head to head? They've won in back to back years, and absolutely smoked Miami this year. I think head to head is a good measure of where a program stands.

Was UNC-Miami a trap game? No- Miami was in line for an Orange Bowl berth if it got past UNC so there shouldn't have been any reason for Miami to be looking at the next game. So I have to assume that the players were motivated and what we saw was either horrendous coaching or horrendous athletes or a mixture of both. Whatever the case, Miami didn't look like it belonged on the same field in our home stadium. Recruiting rankings might be roughly equal but they look to be doing a better job of player evals and development.

Miami looks like a team that is capable of beating all the inferior opponents, struggles with comparable talent, and is dominated by teams with superior talent. UNC looks like a team that is capable of beating all the inferior opponents, is capable of beating teams with comparable talent, and is dominated by teams with superior talent.

I don't know that I'd say that UNC is FAR ahead but until Diaz and Miami get a W, I'd certainly put them ahead of us. It pains me to admit that as I hate the Tarheels.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mack Brown use to work for espn...

The ACC wants them to be THAT team. Any time they show a glimmer of hope its the same sh*t.

But espn has been propping them very very hard since Mack Brown was hired. They arent all that imo.

I agree with this. But they also just whooped our ***. I don't see an issue with people propping them above us.

They have a much better OL.

Our Canes will not consistently sustain quality wins until OL vastly improves, especially in run game.

No other unit is more important to O.

500 plus yards on the ground will do that
Yeah, I knew they kicked our *** that day, and with the ACCCG on the line.
Of all things the D let us down. In Manny’s 4 previous yrs here, the D was our strength.
Hopefully, with Manny back calling the D & an upgrade with every position coach on the D we can get back to being that disruptive D that we were previously.
just think if the D plays like the previous years and another year of Lashlee & King on the Offense we might be relevant

Advertisement
Mack Brown gave manny an un-sedated colonoscopy live on national tv. As a precaution, he also removed manny’s ball sac as part of the same televised operation. He then felt a bit badly about it, so he stuffed the ballbag into manny’s mouth, also on tv, in the hope that he might digest it and it would pass through his newly blown out colon and ****** and reattach to his 2 gap. Because of all that, the media believes Mack to be daddy and manny to be victim.

Advertisement
They wiped the floor with us at OUR house and have won 2 in a row. They’re the darling of the conference behind Clemson according to the media pundits. We’re still seen as the “thugs” which is far from true. Here’s hoping we put a 50 burger on their upside down U asses. Tired of seeing them all over ESPN as some juggernaut they clearly are not. This is the year we take them down, and big, at THEIR house.

With the recent changes to the defensive staff I don't think they are ahead of us. Now these coaches have to coach and develop plus recruit and Manny needs to be the man on game day. I feel much better about the direction of this program now as opposed to how I felt after the UNC game.

Mack Brown use to work for espn...

The ACC wants them to be THAT team. Any time they show a glimmer of hope its the same sh*t.

But espn has been propping them very very hard since Mack Brown was hired. They arent all that imo.

didnt Diaz work them...........................................

1613105092105.png

62 points, 778 yards and we are still running the same sh1tty scheme

Advertisement
Back