Why does everyone think that N.C. is so far ahead than The U as a football program

UNC are not,we had an off that day, remember it's college football. FSU almost got away from them. Kids will be young men. I'm not going to crown them. Let's relax, we are fine.

20200812_224253-jpg.28752779

They just got done stomping us, and have beaten us two in a row. Seriously tho, they have a winning record against us overall and since joining the ACC. They've been beating us with lesser talent. With the right coaching Miami should dominate them. They are slowly creeping into my top 5 most hated teams list.
As a fan I totally agree with you but if Miami doesn't start beating them on the reg it leaves room for talking heads to say what they want to get clicks.

Advertisement
It does? Please explain. Is it not a fact that we're 2-4 in the last 6?

Here's the numbers vs. UNC:

We've 0-2 in the last 2
We're 2-2 in the last 4
We're 2-4 in the last 6
We're 4-4 in the last 8
We're 5-5 in the last 10
We're 6-6 in the last 12
We're 6-8 in the last 14

I have no idea what agenda people have. It's clear we're not a materially better team than UNC and haven't been for 15 years. They've also won 3 bowl games over that period, to 1 for Miami.

We're 8-8 in the last 16.
We're 8-9 in the last 17, which is when we joined the ACC and started playing them again. Prior to that we last played in 1964.

Also, the 2008 and 2009 victories were vacated. That puts us at:

0-2 in the last 2
2-2 in the last 4
2-4 in the last 6
4-4 in the last 8
5-5 in the last 10
6-5 in the last 12
6-6 in the last 14
8-6 in the last 16
8-7 in the last 17

because they stretched that *** of manny and never called the dogs off and diaz still went over and shook mack's hand like I would suck his dong.

And now I’m thread banned for saying something I shouldn’t have.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does? Please explain. Is it not a fact that we're 2-4 in the last 6?

Here's the numbers vs. UNC:

We've 0-2 in the last 2
We're 2-2 in the last 4
We're 2-4 in the last 6
We're 4-4 in the last 8
We're 5-5 in the last 10
We're 6-6 in the last 12
We're 6-8 in the last 14

I have no idea what agenda people have. It's clear we're not a materially better team than UNC and haven't been for 15 years. They've also won 3 bowl games over that period, to 1 for Miami.
Sorry but the only thing that really matters is.

5-0 NC's

Look up false hope in the dictionary and Mack Brown’s picture is next to it.

No coach in my adult lifetime has consistently done less with more.
I mean the guy has 12 double digit win seasons. Finished in the top 10 six times at Texas with two natty appearances and one natty. And that one natty came against arguably the second best team in college football history.

guy has credibility and with a resume like that people tend to forget your shortcomings as time passes. Not trying to be a troll, but objectively his resume since 2002 is much better than Miami’s.

Advertisement
I mean the guy has 12 double digit win seasons. Finished in the top 10 six times at Texas with two natty appearances and one natty. And that one natty came against arguably the second best team in college football history.

guy has credibility and with a resume like that people tend to forget your shortcomings as time passes. Not trying to be a troll, but objectively his resume since 2002 is much better than Miami’s.

Definitely better than ours, but that’s not saying much.. Year in and out he had a top recruiting class at Texas and had every possible resource available to him.

I think a valid comparison to him would be someone like Kirby Smart who wins but underachieves.

Wishing harm on another individual
Why do all the publications have The Tarheels ahead of UM as a football program?
Since both Mack Brown & Manny Diaz were hired for the 2019 season Brown is 15-10 & Diaz is 14-10. This past year Brown lost 4 games 2 to ranked teams & 2 to unranked teams (FSU & Virginia). Manny lost 3 games all to ranked teams, and UM beat both FSU & Virginia. Manny won all the games he was supposed to beat and yes, struggled against the better competition, but so did UNC.
And, as far as recruiting were neck n’ neck. UNC had the better recruiting classes in 20 and UM had the better class in’19 & ‘21. But the difference as far as class rankings is minimal in all 3 years.
so why the Bias towards UNC?
This is why troll!!! Now do is all a favor and go drink bleach and never waste our time by poRsting a thread here again.

1613143358242.png

Advertisement
With the recent changes to the defensive staff I don't think they are ahead of us. Now these coaches have to coach and develop plus recruit and Manny needs to be the man on game day. I feel much better about the direction of this program now as opposed to how I felt after the UNC game.
The issue in the UNC game was 90% scheme. UNC used Miami's upfield pressure style against us. We literally took ourselves out of the plays by design. They averaged 10+ yards per play rushing BEFORE contact. That's not guys missing tackles.

The scary thing is Manny and Baker had no answer because they play one style of football and don't adjust. If they simply told the DEs to set the edge to funnel the RBs towards the middle, then UNC doesn't gain half those yards. Instead we rush our ends upfield every play before diagnosing the play because UNC is doing RPOs. It should be the opposite because the RPO looks like a run not a pass. Our DTs are shooting gaps creating a "two-way go" for the UNC RBs leaving the LBs uncovered who are too slow at dianosing plays and get easily blocked by the guards at the 2nd level. That's how you average 10+ yards rushing before contact.

You have to devise a scheme for what your opponent does on film. You also have to adapt on the fly in-game and Baker and Diaz didn't do that. They need to run mutiple schemes and be willing to use them to counter the offense and keep them honest. The DEs have to set an edge while diagnosing the play instead of just rushing up field like every play is a passing play.

If Diaz isn't willing or capable of adapting, we'll get beat again regardless of who we have out on the field.

Last edited:
Mack Brown gave manny an un-sedated colonoscopy live on national tv. As a precaution, he also removed manny’s ball sac as part of the same televised operation. He then felt a bit badly about it, so he stuffed the ballbag into manny’s mouth, also on tv, in the hope that he might digest it and it would pass through his newly blown out colon and ****** and reattach to his 2 gap. Because of all that, the media believes Mack to be daddy and manny to be victim.
1613143980703.gif

Definitely better than ours, but that’s not saying much.. Year in and out he had a top recruiting class at Texas and had every possible resource available to him.

I think a valid comparison to him would be someone like Kirby Smart who wins but underachieves.
Smart and Richt are great comparisons for Brown. Not to take a page out of Manny's book, but winning is hard and winning consistently is even harder. Guys like Saban, Belicheck, and Jimmy Johnson make it look easy. Those guys have created unrealstic expectations for all fans...almost like its dynasty or bust.

And not to keep referencing Diaz but he was spot on in that 24/7 interview that only certain schools can have sustained success. Miami's best years/potential is a dynasty...three nattys in five years. For a school like UNC, their ceiling is a ACC Championchip title and a playoff apperance which is perfect for what Brown can do and has done. In the eyes of the media and myself UNC is closer to their ceiling than Miami is.

Advertisement
because they stretched that *** of manny and never called the dogs off and diaz still went over and shook mack's hand like I would suck his dong.

And now I’m thread banned for saying something I shouldn’t have.
👀

The issue in the UNC game was 90% scheme. UNC used Miami's upfield pressure style against us. We literally took ourselves out of the plays by design. They averaged 10+ yards per play rushing BEFORE contact. That's not guys missing tackles.

The scary thing is Manny and Baker had no answer because they play one style of football and don't adjust. If they simply told the DEs to set the edge to funnel the RBs towards the middle, then UNC doesn't gain half those yards. Instead we rush our ends upfield every play before diagnosing the play because UNC is doing RPOs. It should be the opposite because the RPO looks like a run not a pass. Our DTs are shooting gaps creating a "two-way go" for the UNC RBs leaving the LBs uncovered who are too slow at dianosing plays and get easily blocked by the guards at the 2nd level. That's how you average 10+ yards rushing before contact.

You have to devise a scheme for what your opponent does on film. You also have to adapt on the fly in-game and Baker and Diaz didn't do that. They need to run mutiple schemes and be willing to use them to counter the offense and keep them honest. The DEs have to set an edge while diagnosing the play instead of just rushing up field like every play is a passing play.

If Diaz isn't willing or capable of adapting, we'll get beat again regardless of who we have out on the field.
Nailed it man! And like me and many others have been screaming since day one, it’s a make believe Mickey Mouse scheme. It’s a fallacy, a mirage and Manure of course is the only coach in all of all CFB who runs it because any other D coordinator with half a brain laughs at it. It’s a joke and just more of manure acting like the smartest guy in the room by trying to reinvent the wheel of a hundred plus years of CFB defense. All I have to say to Manure is.........
1613144827970.gif

Manny's great at making changes, then making them again when the last ones didn't work. We should wait to see how it goes before proclaiming it's all perfect this time around.

Meanwhile, Mack Brown has a NC ring. No word on whether it's true that he left it inside Manny after their afternoon together.
If we're being real, Vince Young should have Mack's NC ring.

Advertisement
We're 8-8 in the last 16.
We're 8-9 in the last 17, which is when we joined the ACC and started playing them again. Prior to that we last played in 1964.

Also, the 2008 and 2009 victories were vacated. That puts us at:

0-2 in the last 2
2-2 in the last 4
2-4 in the last 6
4-4 in the last 8
5-5 in the last 10
6-5 in the last 12
6-6 in the last 14
8-6 in the last 16
8-7 in the last 17
So judging by our results against them and others, we aren’t better than them, at this point in time, which is the point.

Sorry but the only thing that really matters is.

5-0 NC's
Your attitude helps explain why we haven’t won a NC since ‘01. Saban tells the team the day after they win an NC that the only thing that matters is they’re 0-0 and time to start over. UM loses 4 out of 6 to UNC and our fans are still yukking it up about the ‘80s. Manny gets his **** prolapsed on national TV and talks about how fast the kids were running (presumably away from his fecal shower). No wonder we ain’t good anymore.

In the last 6 years, Miami is 2-4 against UNC.

Didn’t wanna believe b/c I tend to block out bad memories from Miami football, but man.....

2015: 21 - 59 (Gawlee...anyways L)
2016: 13 - 20 (L)
2017: 24 - 19 (W)
2018: 47 - 10 (W)
2019: 25 - 28 (L)
2020: No comment (L)

It’s time to stop this bull chit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back