Why does everyone think that N.C. is so far ahead than The U as a football program

Great. Your contention is you’ve bested me in your articulation of the wisdom of a recruiting pitch. You must be a genius. Or a dude desperate to pat himself on the back. Either way, congrats, you’ve really won something.

In all honesty, it really doesn’t take any genius or much effort to best a really weak argument.

Advertisement
That was just gamesmanship, he was fūcking with Manny's head, he knew what he was doing. Manny better be planning to try to put 100 on him, or at the very least have him taken out in his sleep. If it was me, I’d have that old coots legs broken
Very obviously. I had responded to someone who posted Brown's comments the week prior to the game suggesting he was worried about Miami's D, that it was one of the oldest of old coaching gimmicks. The icing on his remarks was Manny had done such a great job, he should be considered for Coach of the Year - nice touch.

Your attitude helps explain why we haven’t won a NC since ‘01. Saban tells the team the day after they win an NC that the only thing that matters is they’re 0-0 and time to start over. UM loses 4 out of 6 to UNC and our fans are still yukking it up about the ‘80s. Manny gets his **** prolapsed on national TV and talks about how fast the kids were running (presumably away from his fecal shower). No wonder we ain’t good anymore.
U Mad Reaction GIF

Very obviously. I had responded to someone who posted Brown's comments the week prior to the game suggesting he was worried about Miami's D, that it was one of the oldest of old coaching gimmicks. The icing on his remarks was Manny had done such a great job, he should be considered for Coach of the Year - nice touch.

The moment he said it, I knew what he was doing. He was literally mind fūcking Manny, pardon the French. Setting him up.

Advertisement
So do Les Miles, Larry Coker, Gene Chizik and Ed Orgeron.

Who would hire any of those four to run a decent P5 program today?
Orgeron took over a sputtering LSU Offense that got Les Miles fired. In his 3rd full season as HC, he turned them into one of the Best offenses in college football history. He didn’t inherit that team, they were his team.
Orgeron has won 75% of the games at LSU.

it's because they are going gangbusters in recruiting.

a friend of mine who is a Power 5 head coach told me that with how they are recruiting, UNC is going to be the biggest threat to UM resurgence over the next 2-3 years, not Clemson.
Your friend is WRONG. Clemson can get whomever they want out of the Carolinas. There recruiting splurge will slow down as they lose 3-4 games a season. They though will do well instate and with tenn being a dumpster and va/vt not having recruiters.

It really doesn’t matter what logic you use with Ethenic, he’s going to take the contarian angle which makes UM look the worst. I just finished reading in another thread, so it’s fresh in my mind, how he said we really can’t take credit (for recruiting purposes) for our three defensive ends going in the first three rounds this year, because two of them only played here one year, and another one only played for 2 years.
Saw this and had to read it maybe 4 times. Im COMPLETELY confused by the thought process on that 1.

After reading that ive officially put him in the MOPE category all the way.

I didn’t say we can’t you muttonhead. I said it wasn’t a convincing pitch - recruiting needs to be done strategically. You think the coaches were recruiting against don’t know how to pick us apart?

Hey kid, come here because 3 DEs drafted.

Other coach: you might want to look more closely at that - two of those kids transferred in, one played one season and they weren’t even smart enough to start him the whole time. Oh, and the DL coach they played for is gone. Meanwhile, their program has had a sucky run of developing nfl players for a long time. So if NFL is what you want, come here [fill in the blank].

Also: our opponents recruiting kids at other positions will have a field day: they told so and so to go there because DEs go to nfl. I guess you shouldn’t go there because you’re a [WR/LB/CB].

I’ve been all about recruiting for two decades on these sites. But the simplistic pitch gets picked apart. Just listen to T Rob talk about how he recruited against us. Guys salivating over our strengths never bother think about our deficiencies. Just be balanced and find the pitch that holds together best.
3 de's being drafted in 1 draft my friend.

We have sent numerous before even this one...with some being early entry guys like Jon Garvin.

Your other coach retort MAKES NO SENSE. lol @ wasnt smart enough to start him the whole time.

Dude we have 10 current nfl de's off count. I dont know but im guessing there isnt much colleges with #'s above that total. The #'s will be above 13-14 in a few months.

YOU HAD A HORRIBLE TAKE.

Advertisement
Orgeron took over a sputtering LSU Offense that got Les Miles fired. In his 3rd full season as HC, he turned them into one of the Best offenses in college football history. He didn’t inherit that team, they were his team.

Or he caught lightning in a bottle like the rest of those one hit wonders and will likely be unemployed by 2022/2023

3 de's being drafted in 1 draft my friend.

We have sent numerous before even this one...with some being early entry guys like Jon Garvin.

Your other coach retort MAKES NO SENSE. lol @ wasnt smart enough to start him the whole time.

Dude we have 10 current nfl de's off count. I dont know but im guessing there isnt much colleges with #'s above that total. The #'s will be above 13-14 in a few months.

YOU HAD A HORRIBLE TAKE.
Ok man. People can feel like they want about how to sell. I want to see recruiting results. And not just at DE.

Ah Orgeron was an offensive savant, didn’t realize

Almost like the rest of his body of work every year outside of that begs to differ

Ok man. People can feel like they want about how to sell. I want to see recruiting results. And not just at DE.
You want to see recruiting results?. We CONTINUE to recruit high level DE's that go on to the nfl and leave even as early entrants.

Add to it you have to RECRUIT kids in the portal. So even saying that you made no sense. They were in the portal to go ANYWHERE and they chose here...developed and will be cashing nfl checks.

Just hold your L brah. The only person ive ever seen try to flip a possible 3 specific position members being drafted in the top 3 rounds as a problem. You sure you're a um fan and not a gator fan..because they are delusional and have takes like this.

And i like you as a poster but this threw me for a loop. You been hacked?

Advertisement
You want to see recruiting results?. We CONTINUE to recruit high level DE's that go on to the nfl and leave even as early entrants.

Add to it you have to RECRUIT kids in the portal. So even saying that you made no sense. They were in the portal to go ANYWHERE and they chose here...developed and will be cashing nfl checks.

Just hold your L brah. The only person ive ever seen try to flip a possible 3 specific position members being drafted in the top 3 rounds as a problem. You sure you're a um fan and not a gator fan..because they are delusional and have takes like this.

And i like you as a poster but this threw me for a loop. You been hacked?
You joined the discussion late apparently. I definitely never said it was a problem. This place is full of people who want to throw a parade for every field goal. I’d like to see a recruiting pitch that works for the team consistently, not just one position. And kids know what we’ve done, so it’s not like you have to overplay your hand. It will come up. It will get emphasized. But if we’re running around over-playong our hand at DE (‘come to UM, be a top pick’), we better be ready to answer the question from the LBs, CBs and WRs we’re recruiting about why they should come.

Sometimes when you got a strong hand (and we do at DE), you don’t have to go all in on the flop.

You joined the discussion late apparently. I definitely never said it was a problem. This place is full of people who want to throw a parade for every field goal. I’d like to see a recruiting pitch that works for the team consistently, not just one position. And kids know what we’ve done, so it’s not like you have to overplay your hand. It will come up. It will get emphasized. But if we’re running around over-playong our hand at DE (‘come to UM, be a top pick’), we better be ready to answer the question from the LBs, CBs and WRs we’re recruiting about why they should come.

Sometimes when you got a strong hand (and we do at DE), you don’t have to go all in on the flop.
Hmm.....

I mean we also do the same at TE. Guys are committing here because we are TE U.
Your a recruiting vet....YOU SHOULD KNOW...South Florida kids are about the bag and getting to the nfl. That pitch works for them 100% all the time. So for us to magically have 3 de's going to be high picks..the same year south florida is choc full of high quality de's HAS to be a god send.
What other recruiting pitch you want them to throw out?. WEATHER?...the kids live **** here. lol..education? who gives a f*ck.

Again we may actually have the most de's that played here in the nfl currently..we have been doing something right there for the last decade. UFOMBA ****n Kamalu is an nfl de collecting checks lol

Sh*t is simple...Mannys defensive scheme is ultra productive for de's...we also send them to the nfl...You want in or not?.

The only problem on your list is CB...and just demoting that guy i expect an uptick in recruiting there at that position...ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING we have one of the best recruiters in the country at that position. We havenet had an issue recruiting wrs here in a while.

I didn’t say we can’t you muttonhead. I said it wasn’t a convincing pitch - recruiting needs to be done strategically. You think the coaches were recruiting against don’t know how to pick us apart?

Hey kid, come here because 3 DEs drafted.

Other coach: you might want to look more closely at that - two of those kids transferred in, one played one season and they weren’t even smart enough to start him the whole time. Oh, and the DL coach they played for is gone. Meanwhile, their program has had a sucky run of developing nfl players for a long time. So if NFL is what you want, come here [fill in the blank].

Also: our opponents recruiting kids at other positions will have a field day: they told so and so to go there because DEs go to nfl. I guess you shouldn’t go there because you’re a [WR/LB/CB].

I’ve been all about recruiting for two decades on these sites. But the simplistic pitch gets picked apart. Just listen to T Rob talk about how he recruited against us. Guys salivating over our strengths never bother think about our deficiencies. Just be balanced and find the pitch that holds together best.
I get what your saying ... it can't be our only recruiting point ... thats what trob, twill, and simpson are for ... to package the de success with proven coaching

Advertisement
Why do we care if the media props up UNC?

Kick the crap out of them at their house next season.

Problem solved.

Hmm.....

I mean we also do the same at TE. Guys are committing here because we are TE U.
Your a recruiting vet....YOU SHOULD KNOW...South Florida kids are about the bag and getting to the nfl. That pitch works for them 100% all the time. So for us to magically have 3 de's going to be high picks..the same year south florida is choc full of high quality de's HAS to be a god send.
What other recruiting pitch you want them to throw out?. WEATHER?...the kids live **** here. lol..education? who gives a f*ck.

Again we may actually have the most de's that played here in the nfl currently..we have been doing something right there for the last decade. UFOMBA ****n Kamalu is an nfl de collecting checks lol

Sh*t is simple...Mannys defensive scheme is ultra productive for de's...we also send them to the nfl...You want in or not?.

The only problem on your list is CB...and just demoting that guy i expect an uptick in recruiting there at that position...ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING we have one of the best recruiters in the country at that position. We havenet had an issue recruiting wrs here in a while.
That’s why I said the whole discussion is silly. People overreact to every comment. It’s impossible to talk recruiting pitch strategy if the marketing logic is turned into a referendum on the program. The question is what’s the best way to sell the program. Doesn’t mean either way is ‘wrong.’ Just different pros and cons, different pitches.

I get it with TEU. I’d also note that the NFLU pitch has gotten us a generation of guys who leave early and never accomplish enough at Miami. I could frankly give zero ***** about the nfl piece of this relative to getting guys who help us win in college. But put that aside. Most of our TEs were not top recruits. Graham came from hoops, Walford, Njoku and Herndon were lower rated. Jordan and Mallory were our highest rated TEs since Olsen, iirc. Not sure they’re better than everyone since then.

We’re obviously going to play to our strengths where we can, and DE is an area of strength. Still, if we’re pitching a kid at DE on NFL, you can be sure his teammate we’re pitching at LB or CB is going to wonder why we’re not pitching them the same way. When you have a strong suit, you can be more confident in your story - you don’t have to run around in your pajamas yelling about it. That was my point. I‘ve been on the recruiting marketing topic for two decades around these sites. Do we have a good pitch that works and is consistent, has integrity, authenticity, resonates? What will Manny say to a group that includes DEs and CBs? Probably not talk about DEs and the NFL, unless he wants the CBs to scratch their head and risk it all winds up on some competitors site.

There’s an old adage about two bulls on a hill looking down at a field of cows. The young one says ‘hey, dad, let’s run down there and **** one a dem cows.‘ The older one says ‘no son, let’s walk down there and **** them all.’ Jizzing all over ourselves over a couple DEs sounds like the young bull approach. Let’s get this right, and take them all down (DE, LB, CB, S, OL, WR, RB, TE, QB). The DE prospects won’t fail to note our DE success and we won’t fail to remind them. Doesn’t mean our pitch at every position has to be totally different.

/WR and Lb also look like problems to me for recruiting. Not just CB.

Have you ever suffered a great loss in your life? Did you praise that which beat the sht out of you or did you prepare and go back at it harder? Should we forfeit the game this year so we don't get beat even worse?

They planned their game well and exploited every weakness. It happens. That doesn't make them a top tier team.
It does however make them a better team than yours.

With this new staff and hopefully the bad a$$ attitude will change the way we look and play. I'm not worried at all this coming season. Coach's need to lite a fire under THEIR a$$. It's all attitude and being MENTAL and physical ready.

Advertisement
Back