Why do we think we need a WR1?

Advertisement
You mean the qb who almost lost his leg the year before?
Injuries could happen with a great oline lol

All im sayin is in today’s game u need a elite WR, its QB Dline WR Oline imo. Ill take a great wr core and an ok oline over a great oline and ok wr core

I wonder why the number one pick is always one of the three groups I’ve mentioned ? 🤔.

Because there’s far more good wr‘s than pass rushers …..duh. That’s why they’re considered higher value and always picked high. The top picks in most drafts are always pass rushers , LT or Qb’s.
The top pick is usually the best player in CFB or biggest need. Walker was the exception because he was neither. Overall the first round favors WRs because that position wins games. Offensive lineman don't win you games. Teams that build from inside out take a lot longer to get up and running.

Look at the Bills, Bengals, Titans, you see them grabbing skill players Meanwhile teams like Colts, Lions, Falcons are drafting OL in the first round every other year.

Advertisement
Watch Tyler's interview right after Canesfest a couple of days ago. He himself said they need to find a number one, who's going to be "that guy". In theory, a stable of good receivers sounds like the best weapon, but if you think about it, one elite receiver will usually command double coverage and make it easier to ***** up the assignments while leaving other receivers in 1 on 1s.

Injuries could happen with a great oline lol

All im sayin is in today’s game u need a elite WR, its QB Dline WR Oline imo. Ill take a great wr core and an ok oline over a great oline and mid wr core
So you think a GM would take an elite wr over an elite LT? No Gm worth his salt would blow a top pick on a wr versus the three groups I’ve mentioned. It’s much easier to find a good wr in later picks versus the others. There’s a reason LT, Pass rusher and qb are treated differently when drafting high and paying. That will never change. All three affect the game every play. A wr is just chilling thirty plays or more a game.

I don't know about WR1. I want 2-3 top notch hard to defend WR's.
The ones who are threats to take it to the house every time they catch the ball.
This although hard to defend WR's are usually WR1. A trio similar to Tyler Harrell, Seth Williams, and Kadarius Toney with a good TE will get the job done.

With TVD and a strong OL and running game, we can score points with great TE play and spreading the ball around to multiple receivers. Everyone would like to see that one receiver emerge, but give me 3-4 guys with 500+ yards, and the Canes will be rolling and scoring points. I would hope that every WR that is on the filed is a threat to take it to the house, and that the defense and matchups will dictate where the ball goes.

I also hope we have a WR this year that can catch the ball and go the distance. I saw our WRs get caught from behind a couple of times last season, and its not ideal. We need a couple of legitimate 4.4 40s on the team

Advertisement
The top pick is usually the best player in CFB or biggest need. Walker was the exception because he was neither. Overall the first round favors WRs because that position wins games. Offensive lineman don't win you games. Teams that build from inside out take a lot longer to get up and running.

Look at the Bills, Bengals, Titans, you see them grabbing skill players Meanwhile teams like Colts, Lions, Falcons are drafting OL in the first round every other year.
Wtf are you talking about ?

Not saying you’re wrong but say u have a great oline and dline but mid WRs what do u think the ceiling of that team is in todays game?

Potential Champion in Georgia case. Average QB, Average WRs. Above average o line, beast D line. Great Trenches is the framework for winning.

This although hard to defend WR's are usually WR1. A trio similar to Tyler Harrell, Seth Williams, and Kadarius Toney with a good TE will get the job done.
Pittsburg shows you how it’s done. They keep stud wr’s and rarely drafts them in the first couple rounds. It’s much easier to find a good wr later than the big three. Once again ” No GM will take a great wr over a great LT, Qb or pass rusher”. If anyone believe‘s anything different they‘re on drugs.

Qb is definitely number one. Bengals has probably the best wr core and worst oline and made the superbowl

Yes, however, I’m pretty sure the arrival of one of favorite WRs in recent yrs, Mr Ja’Marr Chase, changed the whole complexion of the defenses that Cincy faced, and every WR ate b/c of him.

Advertisement
With TVD and a strong OL and running game, we can score points with great TE play and spreading the ball around to multiple receivers. Everyone would like to see that one receiver emerge, but give me 3-4 guys with 500+ yards, and the Canes will be rolling and scoring points. I would hope that every WR that is on the filed is a threat to take it to the house, and that the defense and matchups will dictate where the ball goes.

I also hope we have a WR this year that can catch the ball and go the distance. I saw our WRs get caught from behind a couple of times last season, and its not ideal. We need a couple of legitimate 4.4 40s on the team

Restrepo was running a 4.58 out of HS. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that he been able to work on his speed and get it down to the 4.4s by now. By comparison, Kadarius Toney ran a 4.69 coming out of HS and clocked a 4.39 at the combine 3 years later. I think Restrepo has the potential and ability to be WR1.

So you think a GM would take an elite wr over an elite LT? No Gm worth his salt would blow a top pick on a wr versus the three groups I’ve mentioned. It’s much easier to find a good wr in later picks versus the others. There’s a reason LT, Pass rusher and qb are treated differently when drafting high and paying. That will never change. All three affect the game every play. A wr is just chilling thirty plays or more a game.
We just saw it happen with the example you used. Bengals had the 5th pick they took chase over sewell right after joe got hurt and they ended up in the superbowl.

And i hear u, u can find a wr later in the draft but there’s also alot of olineman found later in the draft, chiefs found a great center and RG outside of the first both started as rookies. And i agree with pass rusher and qb but for LT it’s arguable lol its not this gap you’re implying, the game has changed. I can win with a mid oline if u give me kupp and odell.

Ill chip von miller with a te or rb but u have to change your entire defense if i have tyreek hill.

Advertisement
I would rather see 4-5 guys or more, just go out and perform like WR1. If they all (or most) are leaders, then all they have to do is catch the ball and they can all be WR1.
Do we need a WR1 to be the best and the other can be average? **** no! We want them ALL to be above average. Yardage will dictate the man, but in this day and age, we need 5 above average WR.
Am I off base here, because I think we have 5 above average receivers. Just think if 5 of them get 500 yards a piece. Not bad. and hard to defend And we have the TE's!!!
I think our WR room is ballin. I want all of them to get the rock equally. This will make us better. How can it not? I do not think we lack leadership in that room, just production.
Please stop with the we need a WR1 to step up, why? Help me understand.
Thanks, just been drinking the Kool-Aid lately. Go motherfvcking CANES!!!!
Hey dumd f*&#.. This is the University of Miami. We need a #1 WR.

Ok how's this for value Trent Williams is a top 2 OT in the NFL. He was traded for a 3rd and 5th round pick. 5 Wrs last year were traded for at least a 1st. Explain that.
How about explaining my post you’re responding to, that explains everything and ends this stupid debate. Until then there’s nothing to talk about.

Potential Champion in Georgia case. Average QB, Average WRs. Above average o line, beast D line. Great Trenches is the framework for winning.
Im not denying this, but I wouldn’t call pickens average lol. But yea if u have a generational defense then u can slip by if our 2 best wrs get hurt and the freshmans drop passes

Advertisement
Back