Why do we think we need a WR1?

Advertisement
Ok how's this for value Trent Williams is a top 2 OT in the NFL. He was traded for a 3rd and 5th round pick. 5 Wrs last year were traded for at least a 1st. Explain that.
Go look at his age , Jesus dude lol. I wonder why a 33 year old tackle was traded for a 3 / 5?

Last edited:
Im not denying this, but I wouldn’t call pickens average lol. But yea if u have a generational defense then u can slip by if our 2 best wrs get hurt and the freshmans drop passes
The steelers will get more from Pickens than Georgia got from him. Their best wr was arguably the guy who transferred to Bama. Their TE was the game changer for the offense. Think his name was Bowers. He was hands down the dynamic weapon on offense. I would want a dynamic one but I think with scheme and great o line play this offense could be more fun and explosive than Lashlee offense in big games. Lash offense last year when facing decent to good team sputtered for periods of the games. But TVD would catch fire at times and throw dimes.

Go look at his age , Jesus dude lol.
He was 31 when he was traded. That's not old especially for a lineman. Devante Adams will be 30 soon and he still was traded for a 1st and 2nd.

Advertisement
Not sue how a QB can do his job with worst O-line. Got be QB who's name is Clark and was born in Krypton.
They can’t. I’ve seen this with the Vikings for the last decade. There’s definitely issues with the QB past the O-Line, but there’s a reason they’ve won 2 playoff games with Diggs, Thielen and Jefferson playing WR for them.

The steelers will get more from Pickens than Georgia got from him. Their best wr was arguably the guy who transferred to Bama. Their TE was the game changer for the offense. Think his name was Bowers. He was hands down the dynamic weapon on offense. I would want a dynamic one but I think with scheme and great o line play this offense could be more fun and explosive than Lashlee offense in big games. Lash offense last year when facing decent to good team sputtered for periods of the games. But TVD would catch fire at times and throw dimes.
I didn’t want to mention bowers cause yall might say i moved the goal post but id include a te like that apart of the wr core.

As far as this year offense, only time will tell because I don’t think we have a good enough oline to rely on them to win games the way gattis and mario might want too. I don’t think it’ll be more explosive than lashlee’s because its not designed to be that, its a slower tempo with more quick game stuff and a more methodical pass game. I probably give lashlee more credit than most would but TVD did catch fire

He was 31 when he was traded. That's not old especially for a lineman. Devante Adams will be 30 soon and he still was traded for a 1st and 2nd.
Not only was he an older player that situation got very toxic and ugly. Which forced Washington into giving him away cheaper. When a player is sitting out , ripping the team publicly and saying he’ll never play for them again hurts negotiating. It was either get what you can or release him. No smart Gm would’ve given up a lot knowing this. You’re just grabbing at straws.

Advertisement
They can’t. I’ve seen this with the Vikings for the last decade. There’s definitely issues with the QB past the O-Line, but there’s a reason they’ve won 2 playoff games with Diggs, Thielen and Jefferson playing WR for them.
With all due respect yall have kirk cousins brotha lol u wouldn’t win more playoff games if larry allen was blocking for him lol

Sure, exceptional WR's can mask some of the deficiencies. Like having exceptional DB's covering for poor DL play. But you can't go far in the playoff without the pillars of a solid team and those are the ones in the trenches. Sooner or later it will catch up with you.

With all due respect yall have kirk cousins brotha lol u wouldn’t win more playoff games if larry allen was blocking for him lol
Maybe, maybe not. The issue was there with Teddy, Bradford, and the line was dominated in 2017 against NO & especially Philly.

I don’t get the cousins hate, he’s a pretty good qb especially with that Ol. Dude puts up numbers.

. C94FC22B-41D4-4D59-B9D4-696422CD9225.png

Advertisement
Maybe, maybe not. The issue was there with Teddy, Bradford, and the line was dominated in 2017 against NO & especially Philly.
Those qbs aren’t good enough either lol.

Dont get me wrong here, you need a good oline for sure but I think today WRs are just as important. U dont win with a bad oline just like u wont win with a bad wr core.

Advertisement
I mean dude went 68 / 20 in two years with a suspect Ol. You could do much worse at qb.
I don’t hate Kirk. But not building a solid line in front of a statue type QB doesn’t make a bit of sense. Sets him up for failure against the elite teams in the league.

I don’t hate Kirk. But not building a solid line in front of a statue type QB doesn’t make a bit of sense. Sets him up for failure against the elite teams in the league.
I think having a defensive head coach hurt him too. I think he’ll be even better with the new guy.

Wins aren’t a QB stat but you’re right kirk is a good qb.
I hate the qb wins and loss stats lol. That’s something you say when the qb sucks. Skip Bayless doing that with Tebow was comical , dude completed 2 passes one game and that idiot is screaming “ all he does is win” .

Advertisement
Back