Why do we think we need a WR1?

Those qbs aren’t good enough either lol.

Dont get me wrong here, you need a good oline for sure but I think today WRs are just as important. U dont win with a bad oline just like u wont win with a bad wr core.
The point is the Vikings had good WR play, solid RB play and a pretty elite defense for about 5 years. The line sunk them at every meaningful junction. They could’ve been similar to SF if the O-Line was better.

Advertisement
A #1 WR does a lot more for an offense than what their stats tell u. They aren't just go to guys. They draw the attention of the defense, opening things up for the other guys. They can create one on one opportunities for other WRs just by being on the field.
What you say is true, but I'll counter to say we have a very solid stable WR's that are as functional as a group as any WR core outside of the perennial heavyweights and certainly in the ACC.

Advertisement
Ok how's this for value Trent Williams is a top 2 OT in the NFL. He was traded for a 3rd and 5th round pick. 5 Wrs last year were traded for at least a 1st. Explain that.
I believe Trent was out with a neck injury at the time lol and he was 29 or 30. Relax Trent is more valuable then any WR

I believe Trent was out with a neck injury at the time lol and he was 29 or 30. Relax Trent is more valuable then any WR
I'm off this, hopefully the staff is out of the archaic CIS mindset.

We need a proper dependable pass catcher. But who says it has to be a WR? I been thinking about it and our TEs could be the #1 threats catching the ball especially if we make drastic improvements in the running game. Then that would give the WRs single coverage and more space to operate. Arroyo or Mallory may lead the team in catches and/or yards.
I like your thinking, wouldn't that be something.

Advertisement
Two te’s!! Mallory , Arroyo and Skinner can put a lot of stress on defenses in the middle of the field. Which can open up other areas. So a number one wr is a bit overrated. JG, RB, X , Ks and Ladson is enough to go with that group Imo.
Thank you, Cribby. Guess we are the only ones who think this way.

Hey bra. I think you’re off base.

All these guys are above average. They play P5 football.

A WR1. Is the most consistent dude who can bail out your offense and QB. You want 1 dude to emerge as that threat / security blanket. Why? Because the DC’s will notice that and scheme around that player in which you can open up your offense or move him around to get creative.

You want a
Playmaker
Andre
Reggie
Ahmon

To emerge on this team.
If one does, great, if not, no big deal. We just need 4-5 that can catch the ball on a consistent basis and TVD will hit them. It is call spreading the ball around and that is harder to defend rather than just one really good WR. Pick those other team apart.

Advertisement
The standard formation on offense should include 2 RBs and 2 TEs with Knighton, Parrish, Brashard rotating at RB and lining up all over the place, and with Mallory, Arroyo, Skinner rotating at TE and lining up all over the place.

Advertisement
The standard formation on offense should include 2 RBs and 2 TEs with Knighton, Parrish, Brashard rotating at RB and lining up all over the place, and with Mallory, Arroyo, Skinner rotating at TE and lining up all over the place.

Would be difficult for opposing Defenses to figure out. If they put out there a lot of DBs we can run all over them with physicality. If they put a bunch of LBs to stop the run they will be isolated with RBs and TEs that can burn them in isolation routes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back