Why do we think we need a WR1?

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
I would rather see 4-5 guys or more, just go out and perform like WR1. If they all (or most) are leaders, then all they have to do is catch the ball and they can all be WR1.
Do we need a WR1 to be the best and the other can be average? **** no! We want them ALL to be above average. Yardage will dictate the man, but in this day and age, we need 5 above average WR.
Am I off base here, because I think we have 5 above average receivers. Just think if 5 of them get 500 yards a piece. Not bad. and hard to defend And we have the TE's!!!
I think our WR room is ballin. I want all of them to get the rock equally. This will make us better. How can it not? I do not think we lack leadership in that room, just production.
Please stop with the we need a WR1 to step up, why? Help me understand.
Thanks, just been drinking the Kool-Aid lately. Go motherfvcking CANES!!!!

Advertisement
raw

Advertisement
Just been drinking the Kool-Aid late. I would rather see 4-5 guys or more, just go out and perform like WR1. If they all (or most) are leaders, then all they have to do is catch the ball and they can all be WR1.
Do we need a WR1 to be the best and the other can be average? **** no! We want them ALL to be above average. Yardage will dictate the man, but in this day and age, we need 5 above average WR.
Am I off base here, because I think we have 5 above average receivers. Just think if 5 of them get 500 yards a piece. Not bad. and hard to defend And we have the TE's!!!
I think our WR room is ballin. I want all of them to get the rock equally. This will make us better. How can it not? I do not think we lack leadership in that room, just production.
Thanks, Go motherfvcking CANES!!!!
If you can edit the post and move the "drinking the Kool-Aid lately" line towards the top of post it will help others save time and understand what we dealing with, rock on bro..

A #1 WR does a lot more for an offense than what their stats tell u. They aren't just go to guys. They draw the attention of the defense, opening things up for the other guys. They can create one on one opportunities for other WRs just by being on the field.

Advertisement
You need a guy who the defense fears and rolls coverages, brackets (double coverage) to. If you don’t have that alpha dog it allows the defense to be more aggressive with their coverages and blitz packages.

Same goes for having a dominant corner. If you have a corner who can take away a third of the field, it gives the defensive coordinator way more flexibility in their game planning and calling.

Advertisement
I would rather see 4-5 guys or more, just go out and perform like WR1. If they all (or most) are leaders, then all they have to do is catch the ball and they can all be WR1.
Thanks for the reminder it's time to start drinking it's waaay past 5.

happy hour drinking GIF

I hate @Andrew for taking away my opportunity to dumbvote this. @RVACane this is what CIS "does to people"

Advertisement
If you can edit the post and move the "drinking the Kool-Aid lately" line towards the top of post it will help others save time and understand what we dealing with, rock on bro..
I'll try harder next time. []_[]!

Advertisement
Back