Why do we think we need a WR1?

Advertisement
I love the new 🖕 button. Come on fellas, if we have 4-5 guys, they can't cover all of them. Never mind.

Advertisement
gifs for fun GIF

Nice try, we have a ton of talent, just hasn't been brought out of them yet.
That's the same thing as a bunch of bodies. We have had talent at the WR position for years but always brought in WR1s like KJ and Rambo because a WR1 elevates the entire offense. Talent doesn't mean **** until you actually prove it on the field.

We need a proper dependable pass catcher. But who says it has to be a WR? I been thinking about it and our TEs could be the #1 threats catching the ball especially if we make drastic improvements in the running game. Then that would give the WRs single coverage and more space to operate. Arroyo or Mallory may lead the team in catches and/or yards.

Two te’s!! Mallory , Arroyo and Skinner can put a lot of stress on defenses in the middle of the field. Which can open up other areas. So a number one wr is a bit overrated. JG, RB, X , Ks and Ladson is enough to go with that group Imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Two te’s!! Mallory , Arroyo and Skinner can put a lot of stress on defenses in the middle of the field. Which can open up other areas. So a number one wr is a bit overrated. JG, RB, X , Ks and Ladson is enough to go with that group Imo.
Naw.

The only time u don’t need a wr1 is when you have a bunch at the same time like lsu and bama had a couple years back

I think a WR1 will emerge. If nothing else we have the best WR2 in the conference.

Advertisement
A dominant WR is the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back