Why do we think we need a WR1?

Y'all get too hung up in starting spots or whatever #1. It takes a whole lot more than just whoever #1 to get to where we want to go.
Remember when Ga Tech many many moons ago had 1 number 1 wr and NOTHING else? Calvin Johnson beat our *** like we stole something. Ditto for Pittsburg with Larry Fitzgerald.

Advertisement
I hate @Andrew for taking away my opportunity to dumbvote this. @RVACane this is what CIS "does to people"
See, everyone laughed or whatever but there was one 🖕 reaction when I looked at the thread’s OP…

4E6F2F12-F503-44E6-A8DF-29F143412F1A.jpeg

And then I open the reactions up and just shocking…

22031E45-76C1-4299-A343-FAE11720EBBB.jpeg

Some people need fewer negative options.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some people need more. If I had more options I wouldn't be spamming one.
You’re one of 3 very prominent posters who’s recently been named on the Maude board as being complicit in dumbvote reaction abuse.
Congrats, bro! You're prominent.

What's your favorite Tina Turner song?

Advertisement
I would rather see 4-5 guys or more, just go out and perform like WR1. If they all (or most) are leaders, then all they have to do is catch the ball and they can all be WR1.
Do we need a WR1 to be the best and the other can be average? **** no! We want them ALL to be above average. Yardage will dictate the man, but in this day and age, we need 5 above average WR.
Am I off base here, because I think we have 5 above average receivers. Just think if 5 of them get 500 yards a piece. Not bad. and hard to defend And we have the TE's!!!
I think our WR room is ballin. I want all of them to get the rock equally. This will make us better. How can it not? I do not think we lack leadership in that room, just production.
Please stop with the we need a WR1 to step up, why? Help me understand.
Thanks, just been drinking the Kool-Aid lately. Go motherfvcking CANES!!!!
Hey bra. I think you’re off base.

All these guys are above average. They play P5 football.

A WR1. Is the most consistent dude who can bail out your offense and QB. You want 1 dude to emerge as that threat / security blanket. Why? Because the DC’s will notice that and scheme around that player in which you can open up your offense or move him around to get creative.

You want a
Playmaker
Andre
Reggie
Ahmon

To emerge on this team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back