Which WR flourishes in this system and why?

Harley is an average WR. There are 100 other WR just like him in college. I’m not sure why this board loves him so much. Yes he works hard, is a true Cane etc....but he is not some elite talent.

Payton
Pope
Redding

All have elite WR traits if they can step up.

Harley had good speed, but He lacks shiftiness...stiff hips.

Advertisement
I feel lashlee is worth half of his hype then he will feature Brevin out wide on a regular basis. Create a bad matchup or two and let pope or Harley or someone else step up

Nahhhh, Lashlee runs a lot of 11 personnel, Jordan's too valuable as an inline blocker...I can see Mallory going out wide though.

Harley is an average WR. There are 100 other WR just like him in college. I’m not sure why this board loves him so much. Yes he works hard, is a true Cane etc....but he is not some elite talent.

Payton
Pope
Redding

All have elite WR traits if they can step up.
Harley has elite traits as well don't get it twisted. Why discount a player, just as everyone else, who has failed QB play pretty much his whole career. This will be the first year with a true QB, will be a SR and has an offense that will exploit his traits.

40 - 4.35
Shuttle - 4.00
Vert - 35"

Thats elite burst, elite long speed, and elite short area. Don't believe me?

Thats approaching Dorsett levels. The Shuttle and vert are from HS but the 40 is current. The former can be assumed better since his forty improved by .17.

phillip-dorsett-ras-12133.png

Advertisement
Harley has elite traits as well don't get it twisted. Why discount a player, just as everyone else, who has failed QB play pretty much his whole career. This will be the first year with a true QB, will be a SR and has an offense that will exploit his traits.

40 - 4.35
Shuttle - 4.00
Vert - 35"

Thats approaching Dorsett levels. The Shuttle and vert are from HS but the 40 is current. The former can be assumed better since his forty improved by .17.

View attachment 111997

Brother, you compared Harley to Crabtree. I'm not bashing you, but that's so far off. Crabtree caught everything in his range. Harley repeatedly could not make a contested catch. Only a few. Harley has also had trouble gaining separation. He's short with a slim build. Rough.

Can you produce a play where Harley was able to catch a fly ball? What about a post route? Can you show me a play where he toasted a corner?

Idk, maybe you saw something we didn't. Give me a video with proof and you could change my mind.

40 - 4.35
Shuttle - 4.00
Vert - 35"

View attachment 111997

It doesn’t translate. He gets tackled by the first guy every time. Has zero shake and bake. Haven’t seen him fly by a guy yet. His hands are suspect. Sorry I just don’t see it. He is an average WR that would struggle to start at most D1 schools.

Our options at WR are Pope, Harley, Payton, Wiggins, Few. Plus some frosh. Harley is disciplined, but limited. He will play a role, but if he is in our top 2, oh boy. Wiggins is good for certain routes, imo, but not the versatile guy we build around for quick plays. Pope and Payton need to be our top 2 or we will have problems, imo. Few could surprise too.

Of the frosh, redding offers a mix of size and athleticism that will work in well if he’s ready. Worsham offers dependability, but if that is what we need from him as a true frosh, we have bigger issues (which we may). Dont know much about Smith. Restreppo will have to wait his turn, imo.

Advertisement
Our options at WR are Pope, Harley, Payton, Wiggins, Few. Plus some frosh. Harley is disciplined, but limited. He will play a role, but if he is in our top 2, oh boy. Wiggins is good for certain routes, imo, but not the versatile guy we build around for quick plays. Pope and Payton need to be our top 2 or we will have problems, imo. Few could surprise too.

Of the frosh, redding offers a mix of size and athleticism that will work in well if he’s ready. Worsham offers dependability, but if that is what we need from him as a true frosh, we have bigger issues (which we may). Dont know much about Smith. Restreppo will have to wait his turn, imo.

spot on.

Brother, you compared Harley to Crabtree. I'm not bashing you, but that's so far off. Crabtree caught everything in his range. Harley repeatedly could not make a contested catch. Only a few. Harley has also had trouble gaining separation. He's short with a slim build. Rough.

Can you produce a play where Harley was able to catch a fly ball? What about a post route? Can you show me a play where he toasted a corner?

Idk, maybe you saw something we didn't. Give me a video with proof and you could change my mind.

Haha these dudes hyping up Harley cause our WR room is so weak. Harley wouldn’t see the field at many top 25 programs

Payton is more of a slot receiver in this system than Harley. Listening to Chad Morris, guys like Sammy Watkins and Nupe Hobsons were slot receivers. Even last season, SMU used a tight end in the slot most of the time. If I was guessing, I would assume that Pope has the chance to be WR1. He seems more suited to play on the outside, than Hartley.

40 - 4.35
Shuttle - 4.00
Vert - 35"

View attachment 111997

I don’t care what the numbers say. Watch the games. There is nothing elite about him. He’s a great teammate I’m sure but there are plenty of receivers like him.

He’ll be undrafted next year unfortunately.

Advertisement
It doesn’t translate. He gets tackled by the first guy every time. Has zero shake and bake. Haven’t seen him fly by a guy yet. His hands are suspect. Sorry I just don’t see it. He is an average WR that would struggle to start at most D1 schools.
You obviously missed the Louisville game. Shake, flew by three and broke two tackles on a TD.

But ok.

I said he was similar. AND IN THE SAME BREATH I SAID HE WAS NOT ON CRABs LEVEL. Sorry for the caps but didnt want you to pass over anyting else I say that doesnt support a narrative.

Also

I think Harley is a sneaky great fit here. He was always a system receiver an I see him playing a Crabtree type roll. Trustworthy, moving chains, deceptive speed and about his craft and money as a sr. (I dont think he is AS good as Crab for the record)

Bold print. Not a comp.

Advertisement
I don’t care what the numbers say. Watch the games. There is nothing elite about him. He’s a great teammate I’m sure but there are plenty of receivers like him.

He’ll be undrafted next year unfortunately.
You watch em bro.

Berrios didn’t look like much as a junior.

Never really saw the 4.3- 4.4speed. He was always going down easy.

Then Richt started to use him right and he gained confidence and momentum.

Harley and Pope are going to have big jumps in production. Wiggins will be a game breaker deep. Brevin will have the most catches. Mallory will be a match up nightmare. There are going to be ALOT of guys putting up career numbers, but the wealth will be spread around.

Advertisement
Back