Which WR flourishes in this system and why?

Nah pope freshman year and Payton’s is totally different imo... Payton set him self up to play big mins next season... Pope we going on year 3 and don’t know what he can do... not all on him but he hasn’t shown much and his time is dwindling down
It’s not much different at all, Payton arrived early at Miami while pope didn’t. It was reported Payton didn’t have a strong fall camp which is why he fell back in the rotation. Regardless too soon to write any of these receivers off period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s not much different at all, Payton arrived early at Miami while pope didn’t. It was reported Payton didn’t have a strong fall camp which is why he fell back in the rotation. Regardless to soon to write any of these receivers off period.
Lol yeah payton had a great spring and showed he had potential in the spring, i knew he wasn’t going to play much this year and shirt which was good for him, Pope couldn’t get the playbook if i remember? But yeah we’ll see what noodles do this szn hopefully he can finally ball under Lashlee.

Pope has been putting in work with my man Th3 Lab, whose a very good WR coach/trainer, he works with several NFL & college players.

I know most of the board hates the kid, but he didn't get many opportunities to play last year, I believe he will thrive in Lash's offense which is very WR friendly.

The problem I’ve seen with our WRs is that they don’t Utalizes their hands that good when going up against Man Coverage. This has been a major problem all season. Do you know what are they doing besides working on routes and catching passes in order to beat man coverage.

I don’t know what’s the issue with our two previous coaches has it seems one was good recruiting and blocking. They other was good at catching and route running, but nether emphasizes beating man coverage. At least that what I’ve noticed from the last two coaching staff.

Pope has been putting in work with my man Th3 Lab, whose a very good WR coach/trainer, he works with several NFL & college players.

I know most of the board hates the kid, but he didn't get many opportunities to play last year, I believe he will thrive in Lash's offense which is very WR friendly.

He's gonna have to have a good season for me to like the kid. I appreciate you continuing to beat his drum.. Let's revisit this around end of November.

Advertisement
He's gonna have to have a good season for me to like the kid. I appreciate you continuing to beat his drum.. Let's revisit this around end of November.
He didn't do anything for you dislike him in the first place, so it really doesn't matter what kind of a season he has, yall are just gonna hate him no matter what.

He could lead the team in TD's & yards & yall would still hate him for no reason at all.

He didn't do anything for you dislike him in the first place, so it really doesn't matter what kind of a season he has, yall are just gonna hate him no matter what.

He could lead the team in TD's & yards & yall would still hate him for no reason at all.

Lol you've been saying that for 3 years now!..

Let's have this convo in November

Last edited:

****, Godfather. What's been holding the kid back? I keep waiting for consistent play and get left hanging...

Don’t hate Pope, just in the wait and see camp. Same for Wiggins; he catches the ball like Harley then vindication shall come. Pope I just think it’s now his opportunity to come out and ball hard and when he’s in the game to get his shine on. Payton is the true X factor - we didn’t see much at all of him since he really didn’t play his frosh season. I think Redding picks up for the scout team WR warrior, a role Jeremiah played last season. Having Bussey might not be a bad idea if only to show the others the keys to playing in the spread. Personally I think Pope will take advantage of the extra work and come away as the #2 receiver. If he plays out of the slot he could become the alpha dog for the Canes. Jordan is going to be at the AYCE buffet all season long, bank it. Mallory could become the odd man out unless Lashlee makes adjustments and features two truly dynamic TE’s.

Advertisement
Lashlees system is Taylor made for fast shifty receivers aka sfla style players.all the receivers,tes and rbs will get showcase their talent in this offense.but if I had to pick pope,wiggins,harley,Jordan and Mallory should flourish.some of the younger ones could be a nice suprise as well.

Advertisement
Nobody not named Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory because they all got hooves for hands...and they’re not even WR’s. Don’t come at me with Mallory hate because when these bums weren’t getting open and catching a football he was even with his drop or two during games.

I feel lashlee is worth half of his hype then he will feature Brevin out wide on a regular basis. Create a bad matchup or two and let pope or Harley or someone else step up

How many times have we seen players look mediocre, then switch to a different scheme/coach/team and then have a great year? Sometimes it takes a change to the way the supporting cast works for a player to succeed.

Advertisement
No real logic behind it, but I think Wiggins will turn out better than expected.

Advertisement
Back