Which WR flourishes in this system and why?

Advertisement
Generally speaking you let your receiving corps know , what Aaron Rodgers of the Packers tells his receivers BE READY the balls (always) coming any second sell your routes full speed.

Once they know this a smile shows in making sure they're always open and coming back for the ball .

Redding is gonna be a guy here. I cannot wait for that kid to get on the field.

Sickening that he's out this spring but hopefully he can be out there running routes and flying around. I don't fully trust Harley, Wiggins or Pope but do believe that they will look much improved. I still think we need an alpha in the WR room.

Advertisement
I can send you a seven minute clip of him not getting separation and covered by linebackers.

Just curious where do you see him getting drafted presuming he has a good year?
6-7. Let me see the clips of him not getting separation in the 2 seconds our receivers had this year to get open.

6-7. Let me see the clips of him not getting separation in the 2 seconds our receivers had this year to get open.
LOL ok you are right. Harley is elite. We will see who’s right next year’s draft.

Y’all continue to over estimate our players every year smh.

LOL ok you are right. Harley is elite. We will see who’s right next year’s draft.

Y’all continue to over estimate our players every year smh.
Dude youre going way too deep into what you think you saw.

All I said was
- I think he will play a reliable, chain moving role (similar to Crab because ofthe offense, not becasue they are going to be the same talent wise)
- He has talent that can work very well in this offense
- He has had ****** offenses so we don't actually know what we have
- Louisville and FSU games show that he can be good against good comp

You are confusing elite traits (not many receivers have a combo of 4.3 speed and 4 flat shuttles). I don't think he will be elite, I think he will be serviceable and will be a leader for the group because he has good habits and is probably going to be trusted more by the coaches because of it.

I dont know why you're turning a conversation stating he's a good player into saying he's elite. Read through all the comments for what they are not what you want them to be.

Also, if you do have some video of what you are talking about I'd like to check it out. I don't think I know t all and would like to have a normal back and forth.

Dude youre going way too deep into what you think you saw.

All I said was
- I think he will play a reliable, chain moving role (similar to Crab because ofthe offense, not becasue they are going to be the same talent wise)
- He has talent that can work very well in this offense
- He has had ****** offenses so we don't actually know what we have
- Louisville and FSU games show that he can be good against good comp

You are confusing elite traits (not many receivers have a combo of 4.3 speed and 4 flat shuttles). I don't think he will be elite, I think he will be serviceable and will be a leader for the group because he has good habits and is probably going to be trusted more by the coaches because of it.

I dont know why you're turning a conversation stating he's a good player into saying he's elite. Read through all the comments for what they are not what you want them to be.

Also, if you do have some video of what you are talking about I'd like to check it out. I don't think I know t all and would like to have a normal back and forth.
Fair enough I stand corrected.

Advertisement
Harley has elite traits as well don't get it twisted. Why discount a player, just as everyone else, who has failed QB play pretty much his whole career. This will be the first year with a true QB, will be a SR and has an offense that will exploit his traits.

40 - 4.35
Shuttle - 4.00
Vert - 35"

Thats elite burst, elite long speed, and elite short area. Don't believe me?

Thats approaching Dorsett levels. The Shuttle and vert are from HS but the 40 is current. The former can be assumed better since his forty improved by .17.

View attachment 111997
Where and when did Harley run a 4.35? I can see him running a 4.0 shuttle hes extremely quick ....I have a hard time believing that 40 time..his game speed looks more like a 4.5 guy....which should still be fast enough to easily get open in a spread.....

Where and when did Harley run a 4.35? I can see him running a 4.0 shuttle hes extremely quick ....I have a hard time believing that 40 time..his game speed looks more like a 4.5 guy....which should still be fast enough to easily get open in a spread.....

You're right. 4.38. Read it wrong.

1582051502753.png

Advertisement
His game speed is sub 4.6 doe

He's quick but i thought he was faster..

I want to push back here because there is good film of him beating coverage for a lot of plays.

How fast were the guys he beat? How many guys did he dust but the QB got hit too soon or didn't look his way because of the fear to look down field.

But there is also film of him being chased down.

Are the guys chasing him down as fast or faster? Is he chased down by safeties already by the play? Was there a missed down field block? Is he just that slow in game?

Its gray, mostly due to the **** job our QBs and offense have done getting the ball down field.

Similarly (caps for those who need it - HES NOT AS GOOD AS DORSETT) if Phillip Dorsett made his killing as a down field guy, but Kaaya and Morris had zero time to look down field, does he still go first round? Does Stacy Coley still go 6th round or get drafted if we didn't protect the QB as well as we did when he played?

Gotta consider all this before we dismiss skill players.

Advertisement
Show the Vatech Low Lights
Second INT Harley is open on a mid post beating to defenders but Jarren hold the ball too long, heaves for Wiggins too late and its picked.

Harley's first catch is a short out that he uses to make to defenders miss, fights through a tackle and gets the first down.

Third pick in the first, Harley is (Gasp) open on a mid post but Jarren throws the INT on the outside with an underthrown ball under pressure.

4:27 end around to Harley TE misses his block, defender forces play to boundary, Vtech Backers sniff out the play and have wall of 4 ready for Harley gets hit by two and fumbles.

(As I watch a trend is developing, the CBs are playing OFF Harley by 5 yards to neutralize his ability to get off press and his speed.

7:50 2nd Q - Short out for a first. Quick chain moving play that takes advantage of his quicks, similar to his first catch with a little more room to run.

7:21 2nd Q - 2.5 second pocket forces quick throw. Same play Harley beast man off press on short cross and is open mid field in front of the play which was always meant to open the deep wheel for Jordan.

6:30 2nd Q: Goal Line Harley deeks inside and gets space outside but QB never looks his way on an incompletion to the other side.

6:25 4 and goal Harley wins race to the back pylon but pass goes short to front pylon for Wiggins and is INT.

:48 2nd Q: Defender 8 yards off Harley gives him free release rush breaks pocket under 2 seconds flushes qb right WRs break to sideline in support deep completion into zone for Thomas.

Half ends on hail mary deflection for a TD to Pope.

Somebody want to do the second half?

Last edited:
Second INT Harley is open on a mid post beating to defenders but Jarren hold the ball too long, heaves for Wiggins too late and its picked.

Harley's first catch is a short out that he uses to make to defenders miss, fights through a tackle and gets the first down.

Third pick in the first, Harley is (Gasp) open on a mid post but Jarren throws the INT on the outside with an underthrown ball under pressure.

4:27 end around to Harley TE misses his block, defender forces play to boundary, Vtech Backers sniff out the play and have wall of 4 ready for Harley gets hit by two and fumbles.

(As I watch a trend is developing, the CBs are playing OFF Harley by 5 yards to neutralize his ability to get off press and his speed.

7:50 2nd Q - Short out for a first. Quick chain moving play that takes advantage of his quicks, similar to his first catch with a little more room to run.

7:21 2nd Q - 2.5 second pocket forces quick throw. Same play Harley beast man off press on short cross and is open mid field in front of the play which was always meant to open the deep wheel for Jordan.

6:30 2nd Q: Goal Line Harley deeks inside and gets space outside but QB never looks his way on an incompletion to the other side.

6:25 4 and goal Harley wins race to the back pylon but pass goes short to front pylon for Wiggins and is INT.

:48 2nd Q: Defender 8 yards off Harley gives him free release rush breaks pocket under 2 seconds flushes qb right WRs break to sideline in support deep completion into zone for Thomas.

Half ends on hail mary deflection for a TD to Pope.

Somebody want to do the second half?

The worst WR play I’ve have ever seen

Advertisement
Back