Which WR flourishes in this system and why?

Advertisement
If the line holds. If we can have a strong dependable run game. Pope, wiggins, Mallory and brevin should all eat .

Advertisement
It think ultimately Jordan is the top receiver period in this system but among WR -

I think Harley is a sneaky great fit here. He was always a system receiver an I see him playing a Crabtree type roll. Trustworthy, moving chains, deceptive speed and about his craft and money as a sr. (I dont think he is AS good as Crab for the record)

Wiggins is the most gifted receiver we have and has shown growth. I think he has a Jordy Nelson ceiling and a Tommy Streeter floor. Stretch the field and has big play written all over him.

Pope is crazy polarizing due to his traits and small area ability. He can be a star just a matter of him putting in the work with his team, not necessarily with a trainer. Tavon Austin type IMO.

Payton just seems to work harder than most - obviosuly based solely on reports and practices but thats all we have. Dede Westbrook Clone.

Restrepo
Redding
Worsham

TBD
Good post dude, but who has actually shown up to take the alpha spot, they all flash on some level, but no one has established that they are the big boy in the wide receiver room.

Advertisement
When it comes to the skill positions surrounding King, I am becoming increasingly convinced that Lashlee plans to use Mallory and Jordan all over the field at TE, HB, WR, FB. They will both be starters and play close to every snap as a way to keep defenses on their heels.

Starters: King, Harris, Harley, Wiggins, Mallory, Jordan

Bench: Burns, Pope, Few, Payton, Hodges, Parrott, Perry, Martell

Reserves: Knighton, Chaney, Restrepo, Worsham, Smith, Redding, Mamarelli, Van Dyke, Matocha

Without proper time to develop the incoming class of 2020, I don't see them being a major factor, at least early on.

Lashlee on TEs:

“I think with what we do those guys are kind of the glue guys. The better your tight ends are the more versatile you can be and play fast because if you don’t have great tight ends, you can play fast, but you’re a little bit limited and the defense has a little bit better idea of what personnel you’re in, what sets you’re in.

When you have tight ends that can put their hand down, be off the ball, flex out like a wide receiver like the couple guys we have here, it really gives you a lot of versatility—not only to go fast, but to go multiple with the looks you give. One minute you’re in a heavy set, the next minute you’re in empty and you’ve gone fast.”

If given the choice between Tommy streeter going into his last year here and d Wiggins going into this year I take Tommy Streeter everyday and twice on Sunday. Tommy Streeter may be the Wiggins ceiling, He's definitely not the floor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back