Where are the LBs?

Whole lot of bad evals by the staff with these names.

Whole lot of posters in OP that should have some involvement on the ground level of recruiting for Miami as well IMO

Advertisement
Flagg gets a lot of unfair criticism on this board. I’m his biggest defender. He should have never been asked to play this early. He was a developmental kid who shouldn’t have had to see action until his 3rd year. He is being thrown into the fire and it’s Mannys fault.

It’s the equal of asking Big Baby Seymour to be our starting C because Gaynor isn’t cutting it then killing Big Baby when he gets destroyed week and week by DTs.
I think if Flagg was brought along like he should have been he could have been the equivalent of that Clemson backer..

Advertisement
Bonito was my youngest brothers roommate at OU. He wasn’t gonna be a tough pull we still talk.. he wanted to be at Miami.. they didn’t even try with him much
ill i feel sick GIF

Advertisement
lol dawg I’m not gonna do this with you. You don’t have to keep using that kid as an example especially if you’re going to be wrong OUT LOUD. He was recruited by both programs and A&M bc he’s a north shore kid. He didn’t get offers the same reason my brother (a 4 star CB who was as hot as grease when he hit the scene) didn’t get offers from a lot of places. He shut his recruitment down. It happens both ways. But I can show you proof of his recruitment if we have to go that far. I know Oklahoma’s staff very well. Now based upon his play this far it’s okay to look at him like a miss.. but you’re speaking on what you don’t know. Just looking at offer lists not knowing how what works
agree to disagree although he has played well I envision a different type of linebacker at UM. I just have a bigger scope of what a UM backer should look like and play like. Im ok with your take sir

Linebacker is the weakest position on the team. Since inheriting Shaq and Pinckney, Manny has been unable to recruit quality players at the position.

Was this mistake avoidable? Some of his misfortune is due to injury. Steed, for example, is a take all day if healthy. But here is a list of some local LBs we passed on who are playing better than our guys. I’m also including CIS posts made about them while they were in high school. A few of these players double as pass rushers, which is another weakness of the team.

Nik Bonitto- 6'3, 240 lbs, Oklahoma (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Mikel Jones- 6'1, 220 lbs, Syracuse (Miami, FL)

Yasir Abdullah, 6'1, 235 lbs, Louisville (Miramar, FL)

Don’t try to switch up now you said we was all good on defense

Advertisement
Advertisement
DL as well wr dbs, if we can do that its a recruiting and eval problem. The coaching is bad to on top of that.
I think the whole point from us fans goes far beyond LBs

Most casual observers don’t see these small things that take years to surface sometimes

You have people quickly going “hey we might have a problem” and then everyone starts with the “wait and see” defensiveness

I remember these specific criticisms when Richt wanted to bring in Manny as DC and that was just at DC. Do people really expect it to get better when you increase their responsibilities?

In some cases it may feel like Monday Morning QBing but it all was out there back then with our last several staffs

Advertisement
Back