Where are the LBs?

The entire board were beating the table for Bonitto & Hyppolite lol. Hyppolite was SUCH AN OBVIOUS TAKE. Kid was 6'0 220 with a 4.4 40 & a mean streak. The staff was holding their **** the entire cycle waiting on Justin Flowe.

Bonitto was Zach McCloud 2.0 but with elite athleticism. I liked Abdullah but he was 185 lbs in HS so I was unsure how he'd project. He reminds me a lot of the Nebraska LB this class. I was happy with Brooks-Huff-Solomon so I didn't really stress about Jones.

I knew we had some REAL talent evaluators on here when I saw y'all harping on Diego ***ot when he was an absolute unknown

Advertisement
I honestly believe these guys gets so bogged down in stupid crap instead of just recruiting football players. Yes you need size and speed but the inability of our staff to project kids is baffling.

The LB and OL rooms are killing this team. We are not developing players across the board and our best players have been portal transfers by and large. What’s that tell you?

I think the whole point from us fans goes far beyond LBs

Most casual observers don’t see these small things that take years to surface sometimes

You have people quickly going “hey we might have a problem” and then everyone starts with the “wait and see” defensiveness

I remember these specific criticisms when Richt wanted to bring in Manny as DC and that was just at DC. Do people really expect it to get better when you increase their responsibilities?

In some cases it may feel like Monday Morning QBing but it all was out there back then with our last several staffs
Yea some people knew and called it right away, the red flags were there. U have a group of fans who choose not to see it and u have the super detailed fan that sees something wrong early.

Advertisement
LB takes the cake but our secondary recruiting is almost as bad. Don't know if we overlooked a bunch of players like we did with LB but man, between the secondary, LB, and DT position of the past 2 years no wonder our defense is in absolute free fall.

Yea some people knew and called it right away, the red flags were there. U have a group of fans who choose not to see it and u have the super detailed fan that sees something wrong early.
Yeah it goes way back to Coker, Shannon, Golden etc

I was all in on Golden after I followed him a bit at Temple but I remember people here saying “I don’t like that he’s tied to his best friend at DC”. I chose not to see it

Ruben was the easiest slam dunk of life and we ignored him. Probably the easiest evaluation ever. Guys fast good size and smart and plays off ball
No. The easiest Eval was Diego. He was clear and ahead the best LBer in Broward and he was a 100 tackle guy. He even tested like your prototype MLB. Ruben is still learning how to be a LBer.

Advertisement
Have to imagine that Smith and Brooks would be the starters right now. Not that it matters.

Yeah it goes way back to Coker, Shannon, Golden etc

I was all in on Golden after I followed him a bit at Temple but I remember people here saying “I don’t like that he’s tied to his best friend at DC”. I chose not to see it
same, after Louisville i was done

Advertisement
He probably is right now, I think Smith was better but hes hurt and thats bad u have to move a DB for speed cause u didnt do your job to recruit speed.

For those that argue for Manny....

1. LB is HIS unit. Has been for his 6 years here.
2. LB is the most flagrantly handled unit, and weakest on the team.
3. Our defensive scheme is overall trash and as Golden's recruits have filed out of here, we've seen the defense year-by-year take a step back to what it is today.

These are the facts. How is it that the HC, that puts himself as the DC and coaches the LB, has the weakest unit?

For those that argue for Manny....

1. LB is HIS unit. Has been for his 6 years here.
2. LB is the most flagrantly handled unit, and weakest on the team.
3. Our defensive scheme is overall trash and as Golden's recruits have filed out of here, we've seen the defense year-by-year take a step back to what it is today.

These are the facts. How is it that the HC, that puts himself as the DC and coaches the LB, has the weakest unit?
he was gifted Shaq and Pickney who were pretty serviceable. He never recruited after that like he was done with linebackers. Golden gifted him those guys who played like 4 stars which i would say they were now. The recruiting class may fall apart but i believe Mario would keep trob and dvd everyone else would be fired.

Advertisement
he was gifted Shaq and Pickney who were pretty serviceable. He never recruited after that like he was done with linebackers. Golden gifted him those guys who played like 4 stars which i would say they were now. The recruiting class may fall apart but i believe Mario would keep trob and dvd everyone else would be fired.

Crazy that may have been one of the benefits holding onto Golden for his last year, even though we all knew the guy was done. He at least gift wrapped Pink and Shaq. I honestly don't think Diaz would've recruited them.

Advertisement
Back