What would make CIS better?

Advertisement
#1 = MORE POD CAST WITH US PICKING THE TOPICS
#2 = MORE INTERVIEWS WITH CURRENT PLAYERS AFTER A GAME TO DISCUSS WHAT THEY WERE SEEING ON THE FIELD
#3 = WEEKLY INTERVIEWS WITH ONE OFFENSIVE COACH AND ONE DEFENSIVE COACH
#4 = MAKE ME A MOD YA'LL PLAY TO MUCH.
#5 = MORE RECRUIT REACTIONS AFTER THE GAME
#6 A THREAD OR BOARD DEDICATED TO HIGH SCHOOL GAME SCORES AND STATS SO WE CAN TRACK CURRENT RECRUITS TARGETS AND COMMITS.
#7 = A LIVE CALL IN SHOW AFTER GAMES TO GIVE US A CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT THE **** WE SAW AS FANS.

Great site.
We could use an “It Can Now Be Told” feature...We love Cane history here...Go back in the past to explore behind the scenes tales...
Perhaps...
What happened in the Jobe/Henderson/Edwards recruitment...
Why did Jimmy Johnson let Vinny go wild in the Penn State Fiesta Bowl when the running game was working...
What Golden did/didn’t do to alienate S. Fla. talent base...

Topics like that...

Maybe oral histories of the famous games — OSU title game, 84 Orange Bowl...2015 Clemson debacle...Or the tension between Randy-Whipple in the dying days of the Shannon regime...What happened to recruitment after Butch left...
Or just straight up interviews with former players/coaches telling us stories we haven’t heard before...

Can you all not ban users from your own threads. I know I have a few extra options, but I am pretty sure you can.

Look for "Manage reply bans"

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 1.41.21 PM.png

Advertisement
I would like a way to know when a thread was started. On the iPhone in landscape you can see it but in portrait you can’t tell. You have to click the thread to know if it is new or not.

FYI, I am going to play around with browser push. You all probably got a message in your browser.

Would showing a positive to negative reaction bar be useful? I've turned it on for reference.

It makes things a little busy for me.

That bar had me LMAO!! :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

It made me realize that I'm not alone with my assessment of some of these whiner's "douchiness"

Of course douches will disagree. But then again .....check out his "douchiness #'s" for yourselves

Last edited:
Advertisement
You need an editor. Oftentimes articles are poorly written.

Should have an upvote type of system similar to Reddit. There is a ton of garbage to sift through to find solid posts in threads that go many pages.

Also improve moderation. There are a ton of thread derailers that should be outright banned. If nothing else you should delete irrelevant posts.

No no no. Never ever that. This board is already bad enough with groupthink. Reddit upvoting leads to the worst kind of hivemind homogenized content and opinions.

The front page is a funnel designed to showcase the best threads (articles). Once a user clicks into an article they viewing a thread. The only other option is the forum list, which is static. Basically, articles drive traffic and the front page is designed to showcase that. I think a bigger question is how can it be more effective?

I understand.

The thing is, I was posting from my perspective as a regular reader/poster, my links are directly to Eye in the Sky or The Recruiting Board, so I normally don’t interact with the front page. Which is I find very appealing, visually.

I’m saying this as a “consumer” not as any IT or visual design expert, which I’m not, obviously. But when I remember to go to the front page, it’s easier to “pick out” your much improved content, ie, “the headlines” from your writers, than it is from the posting threads. I guess I should make a link to it, which I will.

One suggestion I would have, which is something I’m sure you’ve discussed internally, is for you to have a more pronounced presence on social media such as Twitter and Instagram. If you’re trying to drive eyeballs, which I’m sure you are, I would spice up your social media presence. Whether people agreed with Pete or not, he used to stir the pot on social media from time to time. There’s nothing wrong with that if it gets people talking, with links to your front page or wherever you want them to go. I’m going to be honest, you guys are kind of bland on social media, I’m not saying create a shltstorm but I think you could spice things up a little bit, get them coming over here.

I’m not saying be ridiculous or undignified, or be misleading, like some clowns on social media, but just get their attention.

Take it FWIW from a non expert.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd suggest adding a way to save or "favorite" threads, possibly by adding it to the Find threads dropdown menu. I'd add an off topic forum. The positive/negative reaction bar sounds good, & I hope you add the option to add all notifications to the alerts feature you're trying out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back