What would make CIS better?

Advertisement
You have just 500 reactions to your 1500 posts, meaning that nearly 70% of the time you post, no one gives a **** either way.

I have 1000 more reactions than posts because I try to add to the conversation rather than just sit back and constantly bltch that there even is a conversation.

THIS!!

Add a "Stop Whining" reaction

Impose a "Whiner limit" of X whines per month before timeout

Hahahahahahahaa. Comparing reactions now. Oh boy.
Why not? I post, people react positively, so I post more.

You continue to post even though nobody cares.
That’s the point of the reaction system. You’re supposed to use it as a sort of barometer to indicate whether you should post more or less.

You seem to not take a hint very well.

THIS!!

Add a "Stop Whining" reaction

Impose a "Whiner limit" of X whines per month before timeout
Yes I agree... or add a "seek counseling" button.
Also limit the use of "X" per day... this will encourage debate and frustrate the douche bags.

Advertisement
Would showing a positive to negative reaction bar be useful? I've turned it on for reference.

It makes things a little busy for me.
I like it. If you could add a total number of reactions for reference...maybe inside the bar...

A poster with very few reactions could be skewed towards one end of the spectrum.

this is a great site, with all of its defects. sometime the defects are what make it interesting, notwithstanding having to sift through them. you guys are doing a great job. i wouldn't really change much, if at all. if you are trying to increase traffic, that's another story.

thanks again for a great site!

What about user "trophies" for achieving certain milestones?
Meh...sounds a little too Xbox to me. The titles like junior, senior, all-American etc seem to serve that purpose well. Plus it’s a toss back to the fact that we are a college football forum.

Advertisement
this is a great site, with all of its defects. sometime the defects are what make it interesting, notwithstanding having to sift through them. you guys are doing a great job. i wouldn't really change much, if at all. if you are trying to increase traffic, that's another story.

thanks again for a great site!
Exactly. Over moderation would have nixed threads like the IPF update.

Sometimes threads run off the rails in a good way.

It would be interesting to have the ability for the board to shut a poster down for a brief time as Main alluded to.

So many down votes and your shut out for an hour, call it a cooling off period.
Like the idea, how about for the rest of the day tho they get shut out?

Advertisement
Sometimes the option for mods or a consensus vote to boot a poster from particular threads...kind of a parliamentary procedure deal where a member of a certain status—time served or overall post score—could call a vote to kick a poster off of a thread...

Really just nitpicking now though.

Hire an 18 year old ****y asshat with a unibrow who can build a fake five-year career off knowing a quarterback and batting .200 on commitment predictions!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back