What we are

Do we really need to wait? Fans were out here calling for Coker's head after 2002 and 2003. Fans were out here calling for Richt's head after three straight losses in 2017.

I can guarantee that this Cane fanbase, still with delusions of 80s grandeur, probably with entire man caves filled with Irvin posters and old VHS tapes of the 83 Cornhusker game, will want Manny gone after five straight #15 finishes. They'll scream about Manny being a choke artist, cant win big games, cant get over the hump, blah blah blah.
We were right…

Advertisement
The Athletic released a poll of coaches/ADs on the best jobs in college football. Miami finished 13th.

247's "Team Talent Composite" calculates total recruiting rankings for each team's roster. Miami finished 13th.

Before the season, the AP poll picked us 14th. Our NFL numbers fluctuate but are now in the 10-13 range.

What's the point? I think a fair current expectation and goal is the Top 15. Anything outside of that is a disappointment, and anything within that is progress. Amazingly, we only finished Top 15 once in the past sixteen years. That was 2017, when we finished 13th.

We all know the ceiling is higher than Top 15. This is a program that has won championships in three different decades. But the best way to move towards that long-term goal is to hit the realistic short-term goal. This team needs to beat Michigan State, perform well in the ACC, hopefully win a bowl and finish in the Top 15. That is a fair expectation.
Please define "perform well in the ACC"
What does that mean?

What we are?
The school is a welfare program that runs the athletic department on the cheap and steals checks from the ACC.

Lol. I don’t think manny gets 9 more games, tbh, assuming he ends October with a some duds for losses. Have some key conference games in October and if he goes 2-2 or 1-3 in that 4 game conference slate, I don’t think he coaches in November. Jmo

That’s a whole other topic. If he shlts the bed, I have no problem with him being fired whatsoever. I have no personal stake in him in the slightest.

My stake is with my alma mater and the football program.

That’s it.

I view all coaches, each and every one, as employees, nothing more.

To me they are people who are are always on the clock, and should be judged by their performance. Just like any employee, in any organization.

Never mistake my disregard for being 100% negative all the time, for someone who is soft regarding lack of performance.

Maybe that might sound harsh to some, but I have a more of a soft spot for players and how people bad mouth them for a myriad of reasons. Manny or any other coach is a paid employee, who is a compensated to produce a desired result.

But I am also not one of those people that are going to sit here and day after day just spam the board with constant unremitting negativity. Because that’s not the type of person that I am in real life and I’m not going be that way on the board.

As someone who has fired people, and hired many more, when you fire somebody you don’t bltch and moan for months and months about them, you build your case over time, but you don’t moan and bltch like a little girl about it, when the time comes, you make the cut and you make it as painless but as firmly and final as possible, like a guillotine. You don’t then spend months and months writing messages and gloating about it. You go onto the next guy.

Advertisement
We were right…

Were we? What did we gain by firing Coker and Richt? LITERALLY NOTHING. All we did was waste everyone's time and Miami's money.

This is exactly my point. You all think firing Coker, firing Richt, firing Golden, firing Manny and hiring some A+ coach will somehow bring Miami back to Bama and Clemson today. Despite all the evidence staring at you in the face, you all still live in the delusional fantasyland. Then you turn around and create red herrings where you pretend that top 15 would be enough to satisfy you, when in reality, all of y'all would be calling for Manny's head if he had us finish #15 for five years straight.

You wont be satisfied until Miami ends up like Bama, despite the fact that this will NEVER HAPPEN NO MATTER WHO WE HIRE. Saban, Urban, Sweeney, Carroll, Jimmy Johnson, Howard, Lombardi, you could hire anyone you wanted and they will never get us to this level. The entire CFB landscape has changed. Some programs are allowed to do whatever it takes to win, others are not. We are not. This is the fundamental thing that needs to be changed, direct your anger and protests to the NCAA/ESPN cabal.

Everything D said is true. We do have the capability of being a top-15 program, all things being equal.

However, you have to factor in our grossly incompetent AD, and an apathetic administration who doesn't care if the program wins. DIaz is as mediocre as they come and it's obvious, but his job is not in jeopardy. Those talks won't even begin to happen until next season.

If we happen to become a consistent top-15 program it'll be pure luck.

Were we? What did we gain by firing Coker and Richt? LITERALLY NOTHING. All we did was waste everyone's time and Miami's money.

This is exactly my point. You all think firing Coker, firing Richt, firing Golden, firing Manny and hiring some A+ coach will somehow bring Miami back to Bama and Clemson today. Despite all the evidence staring at you in the face, you all still live in the delusional fantasyland. Then you turn around and create red herrings where you pretend that top 15 would be enough to satisfy you, when in reality, all of y'all would be calling for Manny's head if he had us finish #15 for five years straight.

You wont be satisfied until Miami ends up like Bama, despite the fact that this will NEVER HAPPEN NO MATTER WHO WE HIRE. Saban, Urban, Sweeney, Carroll, Jimmy Johnson, Howard, Lombardi, you could hire anyone you wanted and they will never get us to this level. The entire CFB landscape has changed. Some programs are allowed to do whatever it takes to win, others are not. We are not. This is the fundamental thing that needs to be changed, direct your anger and protests to the NCAA/ESPN cabal.
This is a myth. Nobody wants to be Bama. We couldn’t even if we tried and most rational fans have accepted this. But being a consistent top 15 team, winning 9-10 games every year and making a push for a BCS Bowl every 3-4 years is absolutely attainable. Our current trajectory has us well on our way towatd cementing our position as a middle of the pack ACC team. Stop perpetuating these myths and false narratives. Manny is in way over his head. We need a new AD and a real head coach. It’s very simple.

Advertisement
Everything D said is true. We do have the capability of being a top-15 program, all things being equal.

However, you have to factor in our grossly incompetent AD, and an apathetic administration who doesn't care if the program wins. DIaz is as mediocre as they come and it's obvious, but his job is not in jeopardy. Those talks won't even begin to happen until next season.

Agreed. We absolutely have that capability. There's no reason we can't be producing something akin to an Oklahoma. We play in a dogsh!t division in a dogsh!t conference. Winning 10 games and playing in a NY6 bowl should be the norm. I'm not saying we're going to be run like Bama, but ****, Joaquin said finish ahead of UNC, VT, Pitt, GT, Duke, and UVA, and we not doin it!

Advertisement
Do we really need to wait? Fans were out here calling for Coker's head after 2002 and 2003. Fans were out here calling for Richt's head after three straight losses in 2017.

I can guarantee that this Cane fanbase, still with delusions of 80s grandeur, probably with entire man caves filled with Irvin posters and old VHS tapes of the 83 Cornhusker game, will want Manny gone after five straight #15 finishes. They'll scream about Manny being a choke artist, cant win big games, cant get over the hump, blah blah blah.
First of all, it’s Irving with a g.

Secondly, Manny finishing in the top 15 five straight times? LOL. How is that supposed to happen? Dude can’t get his team to finish in the top 15 even one straight time.

What kind of a simp post is this? Join what crowd? The football goth self-haters crowd? The guys with black lipstick and eyeliner, and metal bars through their noses?
BD751A6F-301B-4736-A078-5A2EB91BEA98.gif

Listen gothboy I’ll reply anytime I want. That’s how it works here. I provide plenty of reasonable and well thought out posts.

Diaz may indeed be a failed coach, but it’s two games into the season.

People like you absolutely want him to fail.

You’re invested in his failure.

Whereas I hope he doesn’t fail.

Again, he hasn’t shown too much, but at this point what is there to do?

I’m not gonna be like one of you drama queens, that are secretly hoping for the season to go into the toilet so you can ruin this site with your negativity. If that happens, trust me, you’ll have the site all to yourself.

Just get it straight, I’m not ignoring you, and if you post any more like this, you can be sure that if I feel like it, I’m going to reply, because me sale de los huevos.
7FF69E4A-9D58-4FEB-BDE1-2620A7F9B058.gif

Advertisement

Whoa. Haven’t seen you in a while man.

So would something like this over the next 5 years in terms of final rankings be acceptable?

2021 - 9th
2022 - 15th
2023 - 12th
2024 - 9th
2025 - 7th
So, is having the best consecutive five seasons ALL be better than the last 16 🤔

Advertisement
Back