What we are

Advertisement
Oregon went 1-3 to finish their season in 2020, including losses to winless Oregon state and one win Cal.
Sounds like MMAMATH... MMAMATH doesn't work... If Fighter A Beats Fighter B MMAMATH says Fighter A should beat Fighter C easily .....Until Fighter C knocks Fighter A out cold in the first 30 seconds....
GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

Advertisement
Were we? What did we gain by firing Coker and Richt? LITERALLY NOTHING. All we did was waste everyone's time and Miami's money.

This is exactly my point. You all think firing Coker, firing Richt, firing Golden, firing Manny and hiring some A+ coach will somehow bring Miami back to Bama and Clemson today. Despite all the evidence staring at you in the face, you all still live in the delusional fantasyland. Then you turn around and create red herrings where you pretend that top 15 would be enough to satisfy you, when in reality, all of y'all would be calling for Manny's head if he had us finish #15 for five years straight.

You wont be satisfied until Miami ends up like Bama, despite the fact that this will NEVER HAPPEN NO MATTER WHO WE HIRE. Saban, Urban, Sweeney, Carroll, Jimmy Johnson, Howard, Lombardi, you could hire anyone you wanted and they will never get us to this level. The entire CFB landscape has changed. Some programs are allowed to do whatever it takes to win, others are not. We are not. This is the fundamental thing that needs to be changed, direct your anger and protests to the NCAA/ESPN cabal.
Not even worth a response.

The mouth breathers who still live in the year 2000 just don't want to admit that the landscape of CFB has changed and will forever be different than the one that saw us win 5 titles in 18 years.

There is a clearly defined top tier of programs (Alabama, UGA, Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, maybe Notre Dame) that is winning the arms race in the sport and that has been validated by the fact that these have been the only programs that have been in the mix for a national title since the playoff was implemented.

Now I agree with @DMoney in that at our best, we are probably somewhere in the tier below that top tier, and that's perfectly acceptable as long as you have the proper perspective that we simply don't have and will never have the resources to compete with those larger schools and truly be at that top top level.

With that said, Miami is always going to be 'in the conversation' as long as we are in the ACC and high school football is played in South Florida, but the right HC/AD combo is going to have you in the mix year after year and at least give you a chance to break through and win the ACC, get to the playoff, etc. This will especially be relevant if/when the playoff expands.

Advertisement
The mouth breathers who still live in the year 2000 just don't want to admit that the landscape of CFB has changed and will forever be different than the one that saw us win 5 titles in 18 years.

There is a clearly defined top tier of programs (Alabama, UGA, Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, maybe Notre Dame) that is winning the arms race in the sport and that has been validated by the fact that these have been the only programs that have been in the mix for a national title since the playoff was implemented.

Now I agree with @DMoney in that at our best, we are probably somewhere in the tier below that top tier, and that's perfectly acceptable as long as you have the proper perspective that we simply don't have and will never have the resources to compete with those larger schools and truly be at that top top level.

With that said, Miami is always going to be 'in the conversation' as long as we are in the ACC and high school football is played in South Florida, but the right HC/AD combo is going to have you in the mix year after year and at least give you a chance to break through and win the ACC, get to the playoff, etc. This will especially be relevant if/when the playoff expands.

You could definitely remove Notre Dame and LSU from that calculus. They are not in the same class as Alabama. Georgia spends as much but can’t get it done. I would say it’s just Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio state. That’s tier 1.

And before anybody hits me with that Ohio State lost to Oregon, let the season play out. Ohio State lost to Virginia Tech, who then we soundly beat, and then OSU went on to win the national championship. So that’s why the entire year needs to play out.

Sounds like MMAMATH... MMAMATH doesn't work... If Fighter A Beats Fighter B MMAMATH says Fighter A should beat Fighter C easily .....Until Fighter C knocks Fighter A out cold in the first 30 seconds....
GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park
Styles make fights bro

They’re not mouth breathers, they’re just goth - ask @OriginalCanesCanesCanes about them. Have you seen these guys around?

7F201520-FF9C-49F6-A6E8-0271B2F23037.gif

Advertisement

Simple questions, do we get the most out of the talent we do have? Do we play up or down to our competition? Bottom line, do we play sound, quality football with whatever it is we do have?

When your coach says of App State, "that's what they do to people", what are they doing it with? They don't have our recruiting, facilities, exposure, etc., yet they take us to the mats. I personally agree we may never be Bama again, but I just want to want to watch a **** game and have the team play good football whistle to whistle, win or lose. I can't even remember the last game I thought they did that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Simple questions, do we get the most out of the talent we do have? Do we play up or down to our competition? Bottom line, do we play sound, quality football with whatever it is we do have?

When your coach says of App State, "that's what they do to people", what are they doing it with? They don't have our recruiting grounds, facilities, exposure, etc., yet they take us to the mats. I personally agree we may never be Bama again, but I just want to want to watch a **** game and have the team play good football whistle to whistle, win or lose. I can't even remember the last game I thought they did that.
The ****** breathers believe that due to the changing landscape of college football, we can't be a well coached team. You don't see Cincinnati, Iowa State, Iowa or many others complaining about landscapes and bull****. They just play good football with what they got. Is that too much to ask for?

When your coach says of App State, "that's what they do to people", what are they doing it with? They don't have our recruiting grounds, facilities, exposure, etc., yet they take us to the mats. I personally agree we may never be Bama again, but I just want to want to watch a **** game and have the team play good football whistle to whistle, win or lose. I can't even remember the last game I thought they did that.
Your best post ever and this is the problem most of us have.

We get that we’re not built to do what we did 20 years ago but at least play up to our capabilities. At least be competent and we’re a Top 15 team every year with the recruits we get being Miami. I don’t know how people look at our situation and can’t get that App State, VT, UNC, FIU, GT, UVA - all take us to the mat or worse yet their classes have traditionally been lower than ours - most by a good deal.

So, their coaches get more than the talent they have out of their players and our coaches get less than the talent we have out of our players.

The Athletic released a poll of coaches/ADs on the best jobs in college football. Miami finished 13th.

247's "Team Talent Composite" calculates total recruiting rankings for each team's roster. Miami finished 13th.

Before the season, the AP poll picked us 14th. Our NFL numbers fluctuate but are now in the 10-13 range.

What's the point? I think a fair current expectation and goal is the Top 15. Anything outside of that is a disappointment, and anything within that is progress. Amazingly, we only finished Top 15 once in the past sixteen years. That was 2017, when we finished 13th.

We all know the ceiling is higher than Top 15. This is a program that has won championships in three different decades. But the best way to move towards that long-term goal is to hit the realistic short-term goal. This team needs to beat Michigan State, perform well in the ACC, hopefully win a bowl and finish in the Top 15. That is a fair expectation.
DMoney, you are on the money! Spot on!

Advertisement
Back