What the NFL Draft will tell us about Cristobal and Miami's evaluations

View as article
I’m a big LBJ fan, his resume is next level and while IMHO he is close to Mike’s level, at the end of the day there just isn’t any argument that lands where he is better than Mike except for longevity and that just isn’t enough. If anything I would argue that comparisons to Mike have actually downplayed what he has accomplished in his career but once again that comes back to the reality that Mike is the alpha and Mt Everest of basketball.

The better debate is Kareem vs Lebron, I got Lebron over him but that one is close as well as difficult as Kareem was a traditional big man. Now don’t get me started on Lebron vs Kobe, where I think the opposite of what happens with Lebron being compared to Mike is in play. The similarities between Mike and Kobe actually elevates him in stature among the greats. Kobe is still an all time great but the Mamba clutch persona is overrated/fabricated and it pulls from Mike’s much stronger record there. It’s kinda like Dame Time right now. A legend is born and some clutch shots are made and a **** ton of bricks are conveniently forgotten.
I think this is fair.

But I think it ignores the fact that Lebron plays in a much harder era to win. The talent pool was much deeper during Lebron's era than during Jordan's.

Advertisement
He's always been by far the best player on his team.

If Cleveland had drafted Scottie Pippen, he would've never left. Jordan was lucky that the Bulls made one of the great draft decisions of all time and paired him up with Pippen.
Pippen was not as good a player as Kyrie, AD or Wade at any point. Without Jordan we don't remember Pippen.

Pippen was not as good a player as Kyrie, AD or Wade at any point. Without Jordan we don't remember Pippen.
Pippen was FAR better than Kyrie overall, a little better than AD overall, and better than Wade by the time Lebron got to Miami (at least the last 3 years).

Pippen got to the 2nd round as the best player on the Bulls after Jordan retired. Pippen was a first ballot HOF regardless of Jordan.

To put a finer point on it, without MJ for 2 years, Pippen was first team all NBA, first team all defense, a top 10 MVP candidate, and led the Bulls to win 102 regular season games.

Last edited:
A much harder era to win????.....Mannnn.....sit yo *** down.
Good argument LOL

Next thing you'll say is it didn't matter that Babe Ruth didn't play vs blacks, Hispanics, and Asians.

Sports are zero-sum. Even if the rules make it easier to score now, it's easier to score for everyone.

It's harder to win now because of a much deeper talent pool and more player movement.

Advertisement
That cohen nugget screams of teams trying to spread false rumors to hopefully get him to drop

College football is a business now not much different t than the NFL… he left via the portal( free agency) for greener pastures… any team over thinking the decision probably struggles to draft quality players
haven't been able to listen to the podcast.

what is the Cohen nugget?

Pippen was FAR better than Kyrie overall, a little better than AD overall, and better than Wade by the time Lebron got to Miami (at least the last 3 years).

Pippen got to the 2nd round as the best player on the Bulls after Jordan retired. Pippen was a first ballot HOF regardless of Jordan.

To put a finer point on it, without MJ for 2 years, Pippen was first team all NBA, first team all defense, a top 10 MVP candidate, and led the Bulls to a 102 regular season games.
This is wild

Advertisement
Advertisement
Of course that's not true.

Many more people playing basketball = talent pool is much deeper.
Your not making sense I don't care if there were only 500k people playing back then and now there are 500 million. The elite talent was better in that era. Heck it was better when I was growing up on the early 2000s than it is now.

I think this is fair.

But I think it ignores the fact that Lebron plays in a much harder era to win. The talent pool was much deeper during Lebron's era than during Jordan's.
I think that is debatable but let’s say that is the case. Mike decapitated every great that got sent his way. All the while putting up insane offensive number with equal efficiency to Lebron during an era where hand checking was allowed as a wing. Not to mention being one of if not best defensive players his whole career.

Advertisement
Good argument LOL

Next thing you'll say is it didn't matter that Babe Ruth didn't play vs blacks, Hispanics, and Asians.

Sports are zero-sum. Even if the rules make it easier to score now, it's easier to score for everyone.

It's harder to win now because of a much deeper talent pool and more player movement.
FB_IMG_1676641549516.jpg

Good argument LOL

Good argument LOL

FB_IMG_1671860277967.jpg

Advertisement
Back