What the NFL Draft will tell us about Cristobal and Miami's evaluations

View as article
Advertisement
That's just not true. Kobe was a better shooter and scorer. Had more of an ****nal. Much better leader. Lebron, like Shaq, is just bigger than everyone else.
Would you consider yourself someone who legitimately watches a lot of basketball?

Would you consider yourself someone who legitimately watches a lot of basketball?
I used to watch a lot. That's what I'm basing my opinion on. Stats are stats. My eyes tell me Kobe is better than LeBron. I never thought Shaq was a skilled player. Dominant, yes. I think lebron is great, just think several other players are better...from an actual skill standpoint.

I used to watch a lot. That's what I'm basing my opinion on. Stats are stats. My eyes tell me Kobe is better than LeBron. I never thought Shaq was a skilled player. Dominant, yes. I think lebron is great, just think several other players are better...from an actual skill standpoint.
Got it. Holding Lebron to "he's just big" may mean you've missed the development. Athleticism was huge and most of his buckets from 03-11. Hasn't been the case for a while.

If so he wouldn't be averaging 25 points a night when he's approximately 65 years old now.

Good argument LOL

Next thing you'll say is it didn't matter that Babe Ruth didn't play vs blacks, Hispanics, and Asians.

Sports are zero-sum. Even if the rules make it easier to score now, it's easier to score for everyone.

It's harder to win now because of a much deeper talent pool and more player movement.
Double face palm

double face palm.gif

Advertisement
Got it. Holding Lebron to "he's just big" may mean you've missed the development. Athleticism was huge and most of his buckets from 03-11. Hasn't been the case for a while.

If so he wouldn't be averaging 25 points a night when he's approximately 65 years old now.
Yeah, he's certainly more than just a big guy. I should have clarified. I've never been in awe of Lebrons game. MJ, Kobe, curry, KD have all made me go "wow, that ************ is good" . Like when KD shot 73% in the close out game in the finals...against Lebron.

Advertisement
That's just not true. Kobe was a better shooter and scorer. Had more of an ****nal. Much better leader. Lebron, like Shaq, is just bigger than everyone else.
Everything you said is nonsense that is not supported by the facts.

Lebron is a 34.7% career 3pt shooter, vs 32.9% for Kobe. Lebron is the better jump shooter.

Lebron has better stats in both the clutch and the postseason. Mamba mentality is marketing garbage. Kobe was only the best player in a Finals once or twice. Lebron was the best player in a Finals 7 or 8 times.

Lebron is a top 2-5 player all time, while Kobe isn't in the top 10.

Lebron is a 34.7% career 3pt shooter, vs 32.9% for Kobe. Lebron is the better jump shooter.

Lebron has better stats in both the clutch and the postseason. Mamba mentality is marketing garbage. Kobe was only the best player in a Finals once or twice. Lebron was the best player in a Finals 7 or 8 times.

My eyeballs disagree. I watched them both their entire careers. I'm sure you did too, we just disagree. I don't judge players by stats. My observations lead me to my conclusions. You really don't think Kobe is top 10??

I'm pretty sure a lot of Lebrons shooting percent numbers are from going to the rim, not jumpers or threes. He's excellent at driving to the basket. I think his jumper is whack

Advertisement
Can you clarify what you mean?
I love to see us being active in the portal. Back when we weren't, there were some indicating that the portal is not sustainable, and we could only expect to win and building through 20 years of high school foundation...

My eyeballs disagree. I watched them both their entire careers. I'm sure you did too, we just disagree. I don't judge players by stats. My observations lead me to my conclusions. You really don't think Kobe is top 10??
I have (in no order) MJ, Lebron, Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Russell, Duncan all ahead. I think Bird, Robertson, Shaq are all ahead of him, too. I think you can argue for Hakeem and Curry as well. If Jokic keeps winning MVPs, he'll pass Kobe too. I think Giannis has a little more work to do, but he has a shot.

Somewhere in the low to mid teams seems right.

Kobe isn't in the Top 10????....
Black Girl Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
I love to see us being active in the portal. Back when we weren't, there were some indicating that the portal is not sustainable, and we could only expect to win and building through 20 years of high school foundation...

It's a matter of degree for me. I don't think Mario can deliver a national championship caliber team from the portal. I think that mostly comes from building the roster ground up. I do think he should be in the ACCCG and win 10 games with what he already has plus what he should still be able to find in the portal.

Advertisement
Back