What the NFL Draft will tell us about Cristobal and Miami's evaluations

View as article
@Rellyrell ....I'm not so sure I have Bron on my All-time Starting 5.....I have
C- Kareem
SF- Bird
PF- Malone
SG- Jordan
PG- Magic.....
He might not even be a backup to be honest.
agreed entirely. don't forget bill russell. he has a ring on each finger and one in another place.

my top 5 ever

1. jordan
2. kareem
3. kobe
4.magic
5. lebaby

Advertisement
don't forget, he played at a time when clothes-lining a player on a run-a-way dunk was a "common" foul.

now, you graze the head of a player with the hairs on your forearm and the player falls in wailing agony on the ground like a soccer diva and you get 5 free throws and free rides at disney.

GTFOH on lebron. maybe bill russell but not lebron
If the younger guys on CIS were able to see George Gervin play....they'd be stunned. Completely unstoppable from 12ft.

Drowning GIF

LMAO; I come back from a run to this nonsense. Geez Louise. Let me see if I can help u out here, b/c it’s kinda tough for LBJ homers to see things optically v. myopically

1. There is nothing “disingenuous” about my statement. I’m comparing longevity stats vs. accomplishments. Longevity stats have their place, but what truly matters is winning. So I gave the comparison of Stockton v. Magic. By definition that LBJ Stans have now created, Stockton should be considered a better PG than Magic, b/c his longevity stats as a PG says he’s a better PG. By Karl Malone’s longevity stats, it says he’s the best PF. No one says that, but imma highlight this further in a second

2. It ahhhhhh absolutely matters who started them. Lol. TF? If LBJ wasn’t able to pull HIS team to greatness, & then has to join another Super Star’s team to win, ummm, how are u the GOAT? If LBJ joins a super team, but can’t create or sustain a dynasty, how does that make u the GOAT?

& I’m perplexed by this “supposed Super Team” MJ played on. R u talking about the 1990-91 - 92-93 “Super Team” that had All Star MJ, All Star Pippen (drafted), + role players Horace Grant (drafted), BJ Armstrong (drafted), Cartwright, & Paxson?

Or maybe u’re talking about 95-96 - 97-98 squad that had All Star MJ, All Star Pippen, + role players Rodman, Harper, Longley, & Kukoc (drafted). Lol

Well let’s compare:

MJ’s cast from 90-91 - 92-93
2nd leading scorer: Scottie Pippen - 19.1 ppg
3rd leading scorer: Horace Grant -13.4 ppg
4th leading scorer: BJ Armstrong -10.4 ppg
5th leading scorer: Bill Cartwright - 7.7 ppg
6th Man: John Paxson - 6.6 ppg

LBJ’s cast from 2010-11 - 2013-14:
2nd leading scorer: Dwayne Wade - 21.9 ppg
3rd leading scorer: Chris Bosh - 17.4 ppg
4th leading scorer: Ray Allen - 10.2 ppg (2 yrs)
5th leading scorer: Chalmers - 8.7 ppg
6th Man: Norris Cole - 6.3 ppg

MJ’s cast from 95-96 - 97-98:
2nd leading scorer: Scottie Pippen - 19.6 ppg
3rd leading scorer: Toni Kukoc - 13.2 ppg
4th leading scorer: Luc Longley - 9.9 ppg
5th leading scorer: Steve Kerr - 8.0 ppg
6th leading scorer: Ron Harper - 7.6 ppg

LBJ’s cast from 14-15 - 17-18
2nd leading scorer: Kyrie Irving - 22.6 ppg
3rd leading scorer: Kevin Love - 17.3 ppg
4th leading scorer: J.R Smith - 10.5 ppg
5th leading scorer: Tristan Thompson - 7.6
6th leading scorer: This is a revolving door b/c he played w/ Wade, Isaiah Thomas, Clarkson, & they all avg. 10+

****, I don’t even wanna do his Laker cast. Lol.

So who has had more help than who? Yet, the results don’t equate. I love LBJ fans saying MJ played on a super team; no genius, it’s called a “Super Team” b/c one or more Superstar leave their team to play with other Superstars. It’s not when a team makes good GM draft decisions and build from the ground up. Lol

3. This is the era of the participation trophy where ppl are now convinced it’s cool to be 2nd or 3rd place. Lol. So I guess I need to revise my thinking on them **** Buffalo Bills of the 80’s - 90’s. Lol

4. The NBA is tougher now, huh? Let’s see what European players have to say:

It’s impossible to play defense in today’s league b/c the rules r overtly slanted to offenses. Illegal screens are allowed, take fouls are now technical fouls, traveling is rarely called, clear path fouls are now technical fouls, u can’t even run out into a shooter’s space or that’s a foul w/ or w/o contact. There’s no more big men guarding the rim, & a PF is a glorified SF. Like what r u talking about?

Here’s the bottom line:
If I were to ask u is this player a 1st ballot HOFer w/ these credentials, what would u say?:
-NCAA Champion
-Undefeated in all championship games played both domestically & internationally (11-0)
-NBA MVP
-2x NBA Finals MVP
-2x Slam Dunk Champion
-9x Scoring Champion
-DPOY
-4x All NBA Defensive 1st team
-1 of 2 Players to have more than one 3-peat
-Highest Scoring Avg. in NBA History
-Highest Playoff Scoring Avg. in NBA History
-Highest Single Finals Scoring Avg. in NBA History
-NBA record for most points in a single playoff
-1st & Only player to win a ring, MVP, Finals MVP, Scoring Title, & make 1st team All Defense in the same season
-3x Steals Leader
-1 of 2 players to go 8 yrs w/o losing more than 2 games in a row
-Record for most total wins in a season, & most wins by a NBA champion in NBA history
-Has a top 50 winning % of all time

If the answer is yes, then that’s the difference between Jordan’s resume in 15 yrs (& really 13 since he missed most of ‘85-86 & 94-95), vs. LBJ in 21. LBJ will be like Emmitt Smith, putting up gawdy longevity numbers & that’s great, but that doesn’t mean GOAT. It’s admirable, but there’s levels to this.

This is where it stands now:
Bill Russell: 1 title every 1.1 years
MJ: 1 title every 2.5 years
Magic Johnson: 1 title every 2.8 years
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 1 title every 3.3 years
Kobe Bryant: 1 title every 4 years
Larry Bird: 1 title every 4.7 years
LBJ: *If he don’t win this year, 1 title every 5.3 yrs

I can put LBJ as my #2, **** I can put him as my #1 b/c MJ doesn’t belong in this discussion. He’s on his own separate mountain. Dude has been retired for 20 yrs & his shoes still outsell all these mofos combined. Lol

Thanks dude.

Advertisement
Your not making sense I don't care if there were only 500k people playing back then and now there are 500 million. The elite talent was better in that era. Heck it was better when I was growing up on the early 2000s than it is now.
No, that's not how it works.

That's OK. Give me some more memes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jordan at his peak was better than LBJ at his peak. Here's the argument for LBJ:

-40k career points is insane
-Longevity and durability
-The talent pool was much deeper during LBJ's era, due to European players
-There was much more player movement during LBJ's era. Players teamed up to win rings while LBJ was around
-LBJ is the most versatile player of all time. If you were having an all time draft, he'd likely go #1 bc you can pick anyone at #2. You can't pick Kobe second if you pick MJ first, for example
-Losing in the finals isn't worse than losing before the finals

There's no wrong answer. It just depends what you value and how you define GOAT
Not in my book.
If you had a crystal ball to see the future who would you pick?
Lebron, Kobe, or MJ?

I’m picking MJ 1 Kobe 2. LBJ is one of the greatest.
What Lebron has accomplished is amazing and historic.
But the bottom line is when the game is on the line or you have a finals to play….. who are you picking?
Lebron is versatile and world class. But do you trust him in a 7 game series against the world’s best competition over Kobe or MJ?
If you do that’s your opinion and that’s fine. But most people coaches and players aren’t picking Lebron over those 2 and might pick a few players over LBJ to play that series.

Not in my book.
If you had a crystal ball to see the future who would you pick?
Lebron, Kobe, or MJ?

I’m picking MJ 1 Kobe 2. LBJ is one of the greatest.
What Lebron has accomplished is amazing and historic.
But the bottom line is when the game is on the line or you have a finals to play….. who are you picking?
Lebron is versatile and world class. But do you trust him in a 7 game series against the world’s best competition over Kobe or MJ?
If you do that’s your opinion and that’s fine. But most people coaches and players aren’t picking Lebron over those 2 and might pick a few players over LBJ to play that series.
Yeah, I think they're all picking LBJ. But agree to disagree

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Rellyrell ....I'm not so sure I have Bron on my All-time Starting 5.....I have
C- Kareem
SF- Bird
PF- Malone
SG- Jordan
PG- Magic.....
He might not even be a backup to be honest.
I wouldn’t have Lebron on my starting 5 mainly because he is way too ball dominant not because of talent or accomplishments. I will tell you what though, the Mailman not only isn’t on that team, he isn’t even on the bench, unless you are talking Moses but even then…

Seems likely for a guy who just reports memes.
MFer, You can't comprehend how financially secure I am. You can't fathom the $$$ my GF makes as a Critical Care nurse. I retired at 59yrs old without any worries the rest of my life. I own EVERYTHNG I have. Not to mention a family member who owns a production company in NYC and is worth in excess of $20 mill.....Go run along.

MFer, You can't comprehend how financially secure I am. You can't fathom the $$$ my GF makes as a Critical Care nurse. I retired at 59yrs old without any worries the rest of my life. I own EVERYTHNG I have. Not to mention a family member who owns a production company in NYC and is worth in excess of $20 mill.....Go run along.
Oh cool. Great for your "family member".

Wow, retired at 59 bc of your critical care nurse gf. Impressive, lmao

Oh cool. Great for your "family member".

Wow, retired at 59 bc of your critical care nurse gf. Impressive, lmao
Azzwipe....I have several Millionaires in my family, including a cousin who coached at UM for 7yrs, and was a head coach in the NFL....Run along Lebron lover...weren't you embarrassed enough today??....

Advertisement
Back