What hurts the most

-Barry has his hand full at O-line, I didn’t think this unit would be even worst than last years unit but here we are...they need to tighten up and find a consistent rotation, Nelson shouldn’t even have played, he wasn’t ready, Campbell is axx.
-JT4 need to follow Osborn and hit the jug machine after practice now until the end of the season, and ST better work on fielding punts correctly, speaking of KJ, why wasn’t he out on special teams duty, I’d trade a lil bit of speed if he catches punts correctly.
-Jarren Williams has nearly all the makings of an elite QB, the way he eludes defenders in the pocket reminds me of Deshuan Watson but he needs to learn to throw the ball away instead of holding it or trying to make something special happen, counted at least 4 sacks that could’ve been avoided if he simply threw the ball out of bounds.

Crazy thing is that Manny & Co. can go 10-0,11-0 with the rest of the schedule and this loss will still sting or come back to haunt us, UF simply shouldn’t have won that game, it’s not like with LSU and Burrow throwing a mistake free game. Felipe Franks literally gifted us that game and we still couldn’t deliver.

@Kendall Boy Cane and I were at the game and said the same thing on your last point. “Like neither team wanted to win.” Really tough loss, old habits are still very much there, this is more than growing pains, this is toxicity. I hope manny figures it out, but it looks like he’s bitten off more than he can chew.

Advertisement
@Kendall Boy Cane and I were at the game and said the same thing on your last point. “Like neither team wanted to win.” Really tough loss, old habits are still very much there, this is more than growing pains, this is toxicity. I hope manny figures it out, but it looks like he’s bitten off more than he can chew.
I would’ve rather accepted UF beating are axx by 30 than this. At least with LSU we never had a chance after the first half, how do we lead into halftime and wind up losing this game. Sh— is pathetic and Manny has to correct this.

The difference between jarren is he literally made 0 mistakes. He’s the truth back there. He had literally no time at all and still made no mistakes throwing into coverage.
Jarren made mistakes dude. Refused to hit his check downs! Refused to throw the ball away. He literally took 4 sacks, in which he had time to throw it away. He had a couple fumbles...

Bright future, but he made plenty of mistakes. The only way to get better is to be brutally honest about the play. Loved his poise & stepping up in the pocket.

He actually delivered 2 TD passes. His TE & WR dropped them. They didnt help the young man out. We should have won this

Advertisement
What hurts the most is that UF isn’t very good. This was the perfect game to introduce the world to “The New Miami” and it didn’t happen.

- The story of the game is that our freshman tackles got dominated. The coaches gambled by not playing the Scaife at tackle and it backfired. Campbell and Nelson did not look ready physically or mentally against UF’s much older DEs. Do you go back to Scaife and risk killing your young players’ confidence? Barry may not have a choice.

- Jarren looked good under tough circumstances. I liked his poise. But we said similar things about Kyle Wright after FSU ‘05 and Stephen Morris after Maryland ‘11. The key will be his consistency in the ACC. He threw some dimes today.

- In the offseason, Manny talked a lot about special teams and tackling being the difference in opening games. The missed tackles on the Toney run were devastating and special teams had two critical errors. There were 114 yards in penalties, too. Not a great start for Manny but it’s a long season.

There are two weeks before the next game. North Carolina is garbage but they have a new staff and should be fired up to play at home. That game will be telling as to whether anything has changed or it is the same old story.
Are you seriously comparing JW to Kyle Wright and Stephen Morris? After watching that game you are telling us you are not sure that Williams is any better than those 2? Playing in his 1st start against a top 10 team away from home behind the worst OL in school history I think Jarren Williams showed a ton of poise. The kid has serious talent. Get him behind a decent OL with a little more experience and he will be torching the ACC.

Yall talking s*** about what Jarren needs to do !? Yall need to be thinking about what "YOU" need to do, which is remember that he is a **** Freshman. I guess all of you expected to see a Lamar Jackson or something. F****** 2 Freshman T's , a Freshman QB, an entirely knew offensive staff, and a completely knew offensive system, playing #8 in the country away from home, barely lost, and all most of you can do is *****. They showed fight, and they showed improvement. We should get better as the season rolls on. But Yall chill with the we suck talk, way to early to say that. Time will tell how good UF is. Let things play out a little. I'm sure as **** not happy with losing, but there were a lot of positives in that game. I guarantee you UF wasn't expecting that type of game tonight.

Jarren also holds the ball an awful long time. You can really feel that when you watch live. His vision also needs to improve markedly. Still think he was the right choice, but needs to get rid of the ball quicker.
Yeah but if no ones open he’s buying time to try to make a play. Jarren was out there trying to win and standing tough. The tackles are awful, not sure what the coaches saw. No way Florida’s ends are better than ours.

Advertisement
Gift wrapped for sure. As ****** as we played, as ol ‘ Bobah use to say, “They made one more play than we did. “ It will be interesting to see how or if this game/loss affects this team moving forward, as if we didn’t have enough to worry about.

Advertisement
We’re pretty bad, but really hurts that we had a great chance to win that game and blew it

Yall talking s*** about what Jarren needs to do !? Yall need to be thinking about what "YOU" need to do, which is remember that he is a **** Freshman. I guess all of you expected to see a Lamar Jackson or something. F****** 2 Freshman T's , a Freshman QB, an entirely knew offensive staff, and a completely knew offensive system, playing #8 in the country away from home, barely lost, and all most of you can do is *****. They showed fight, and they showed improvement. We should get better as the season rolls on. But Yall chill with the we suck talk, way to early to say that. Time will tell how good UF is. Let things play out a little. I'm sure as **** not happy with losing, but there were a lot of positives in that game. I guarantee you UF wasn't expecting that type of game tonight.
Football IQ and the amount of real canes fans besides just being **** talkers is very low on this site.

Wanna hear somethang funny, if Manny wouldn't have let Jeff Thomas come back to the team, Miami beats Florida.

Advertisement
The two major positives I thought were that Dallas was great all day and Jarren is extremely accurate with his ball placement. I’ll stay away from the negatives because I can’t count that high but we feel more competitive after 1 game. NC will tell

I hope Barry doesn't shuffle the OL. Let them take their licks now. It's only beneficial in the long run. I'm tired of the knee jerk reaction on the OL.

Williams did well all things considered but he could've limited some sacks. He had a dump off to Harley for 70 yards and he'd still be running.

First start at QB, LT, RT, C. Very winnable game but under the circumstances I'm not furious. JT was in his own head and made some boneheaded plays. Hopefully he finishes the season strong.

I'm still waiting for the "holding" replay on Cam's run.

D...Kyle Wright would have crapped his pants and quit at halftime under That type of pressure.

Thinking on it the morning after I’m even more impressed with Jarren that he stood in there and went after it under extreme duress and still throw two passes that could have won the game.
Kayaa may not have lived through that game.

D$ nailed it. Florida isn’t anywhere near elite, and their QB is a gigantic version of Rosier.

I, too, got Kyle Wright 2005 flashbacks. I remember feeling like **** that we lost that game but hopeful that we had a good QB. He was just young and his OL was terrible. Well, as it turned out, he wasn’t very good because he couldn’t process info quickly enough.

I said when Jarren was named starter that that would be something to keep an eye on and even discussed Wright.

I also mentioned that I would have used Scaife at Tackle this season and tried to get someone ready at G. Then, once again, I became willing to drink the bath water assuming that Zion must be doing a great job against our excellent DEs, or else why would they keep him out there.

Well, he clearly was nowhere near ready to play at this level against this sort of competition. Either we didn’t practice hard enough to give him a good enough look, or our OL coach is really bad at evaluating who should be starting. Because it seemed pretty obvious right away that he was completely overmatched.

Like you said, if we get into a dog fight with a horrible UNC team and slog our way to a close or sloppy win, then it’s likely SOS.

This was super sloppy and really disheartening to watch. People keep talking about the number 8 team. Florida reminds me of that Ped State team that came down here and was supposedly preseason number 1. We lost a close one on the Fields catch. That Ped State team wound up being a fraud just like this Florida team.

Advertisement
Back