What hurts the most

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
What hurts the most is that UF isn’t very good. This was the perfect game to introduce the world to “The New Miami” and it didn’t happen.

- The story of the game is that our freshman tackles got dominated. The coaches gambled by not playing the Scaife at tackle and it backfired. Campbell and Nelson did not look ready physically or mentally against UF’s much older DEs. Do you go back to Scaife and risk killing your young players’ confidence? Barry may not have a choice.

- Jarren looked good under tough circumstances. I liked his poise. But we said similar things about Kyle Wright after FSU ‘05 and Stephen Morris after Maryland ‘11. The key will be his consistency in the ACC. He threw some dimes today.

- In the offseason, Manny talked a lot about special teams and tackling being the difference in opening games. The missed tackles on the Toney run were devastating and special teams had two critical errors. There were 114 yards in penalties, too. Not a great start for Manny but it’s a long season.

There are two weeks before the next game. North Carolina is garbage but they have a new staff and should be fired up to play at home. That game will be telling as to whether anything has changed or it is the same old story.

Advertisement
What hurts the most is that UF isn’t very good. This was the perfect game to introduce the world to “The New Miami” and it didn’t happen.

- The story of the game is that our freshman tackles got dominated. The coaches gambled by not playing the Scaife at tackle and it backfired. Campbell and Nelson did not look ready physically or mentally against UF’s much older DEs. Do you go back to Scaife and risk killing your young players’ confidence? Barry may not have a choice.

- Jarren looked good under tough circumstances. I liked his poise. But we said similar things about Kyle Wright after FSU ‘05 and Stephen Morris after Maryland ‘11. The key will be his consistency in the ACC. He threw some dimes today.

- In the offseason, Manny talked a lot about special teams and tackling being the difference in opening games. The missed tackles on the Toney run were devastating and special teams had two critical errors. There were 114 yards in penalties, too. Not a great start for Manny but it’s a long season.

There are two weeks before the next game. North Carolina is garbage but they have a new staff and should be fired up to play at home. That game will be telling as to whether anything has changed or it is the same old story.
The difference between jarren is he literally made 0 mistakes. He’s the truth back there. He had literally no time at all and still made no mistakes throwing into coverage.

Uf is terrible both teams showed how far they are from top tier that clemson bama level of football is just on another planet us and fla arent even in the same stratosphere, the only positive imo is we didnt win the game nothing worse than smoke and mirrors that will set a program back even more imo we had some of that with the past regimes

Advertisement
Well I do feel a little better about us than at this stage last year when LSU stomped a hole in us. I feel Jarren showed enough promise that the O can progress against lessor opponents. Plus the D will get a nice infusion of talent with Nesta, bolden and ivey..

Last edited:

- The story of the game is that our freshman tackles got dominated. The coaches gambled by not playing the Scaife at tackle and it backfired. Do you go back to Scaife and risk killing your young players’ confidence? Barry may not have a choice.

- Jarren looked good under tough circumstances. But we said similar things about Kyle Wright after FSU ‘05 and Stephen Morris after Maryland ‘11. The key will be his consistency in the ACC. He threw some dimes today.

There are two long weeks before the next game. North Carolina is garbage but they have a new staff and should be fired up to play at home. That game will be telling as to whether anything has changed or it is the same old story.
I say you stick with the young guys if they practice good these next 2 weeks. Once we get in the game and if UNC DL does the same thing consistently to the young boys then you change the lineup in game. That is what I thought they'd do in this game once it UF stopped blitzing and they still got beat on the edge but that never happened. It's a tough loss because almost everything went wrong in that game and we still had the ball last with a chance to win. But like you said we'll see if things will change or if it is the same old story.

Advertisement

That first sentence..that’s what bothered me the most to bro..we gave them that game..straight gift it to them

Enos is a problem. His offense is wayyy to similar to Richt's offense in 2016. I been saying that for a while but man did it show in the UF game. Offensively this game reminded me of the 2016 ND game were ND just dominated our OL and Richt still kept running long developing play action plays under center despite the fact we couldn't block long enough.

I learned my lesson with Richt. I defended Richt's offense because I thought it would get better but instead it got worse. Not to mention Enos has never put together an great or even good offensive group. Last time I checked he couldn't save Bret Bielema's job so what would make me think he going to do any better here? Not to mention, he is making 1M to produce a great offense not just one that is slightly better then Richt's.

This was just an expensive Patrick Nix type hire. Enos destroyed Manny's defense in 2015 like Nix did to Shannon in 2008 and we saw how that played out. History could be repeating it self.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we stop saying the New Miami, it’s the same clown show as it’s always been.

Not recruiting with the big dogs, a staff full of guys who have zero business being here, a HC learning on the job and a terrible OC. The Same Miami.

If anything, we should want the OLD Miami: the one where we owned south Florida and beat the **** out of teams with NFL level coaches.
It's 1 game relax. If we are 8-4 or worse at the end of the season talk your **** but as of right now you're tripping. It sucks to lose but within all of the bad plays that happened we did a lot good things as well.

As far as recruiting do you really think from the offseason up until now would magically make us a top 5 recruiting team? We have to build up towards that and with a good season we can start that process. Just about every recruit(except the commits)at the game thought UF was going to blow the doors off us.

Go have a drink or have whatever your vice is, get some sleep and remember the positives from the game.

Do you remember LSU, do you remember Wisconsin? This wasn't that. But like I said if it continues and you decide to point out every way we suck then go ahead, I might even agree with you by then but it's game 1. We knew actually who they were and we made plenty of mistakes. We also let them off the hook. UF was lucky to win. Just think about that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back