what did UM expect with Richt?

Advertisement
all you need to ask yourself is this. If Mork decided to step down right now, say for being underappreciated, sounds like something he would say, would any p5 hire him ?

I don't give a fvck who uga played.

Point is Miami played 3 cupcakes and weak coastal teams and could only manage 7 wins.

So even the 7 wins are misleading. Which is the flip side to your point. Which is things aren't as rosy as you seem to think.

Nothing you say makes sense dude. No one thinks things are rosy and EVERY school plays the same amount of cupcakes we do. It skews everyone's win totals. Why are ours any different.

I'll answer for you. They don't. So you are discounting every win and overplaying every loss.

Probably some disappointment with this season but ultimately I think the standard has dropped so far that the admin is pleased with Richt. Major Bowl, Coastal title, 10 win season, and has won a bowl game. All things that hadn't been accomplished in a long time. The days of dominating are over...….WE ARE NCSTATE.

Advertisement
Probably some disappointment with this season but ultimately I think the standard has dropped so far that the admin is pleased with Richt. Major Bowl, Coastal title, 10 win season, and has won a bowl game. All things that hadn't been accomplished in a long time. The days of dominating are over...….WE ARE NCSTATE.
wrong.

Georgia played App State, Austin Peay, Samford and UMass this year out of conference.

Everyone plays bad teams. So what?

Yes, but at least UGA is also beating quality opponents and not going on long losing streaks.

Go back to when Miami was 10-0.

Now look to today.

Pitt L
Clemson L
Wisk L
LSU L
SAV ST W
Toledo W
FIU W
UNC W
FSU W
UVA L
BC L
Duke L
GT L
VT W
PITT W

Look at that pathetic mess of a schedule. That is down right embarrassing for this program and the coaching staff overall. Now add that to his first season here when he had a four game losing streak. Hard to win much of anything when you go on big slides like that, especially against a crap schedule.

The man has a track record of success. One bad season does not erase 15+ good ones. Trust in the process. Its not like we had the option of hiring Saban or Urban.

Agreed there was no ability to hire Saban or Urban or Dabo. But can you really say that you're hopeful for the future after what we saw this season and Richt's past of making the same exact mistakes at UGA? Most coaches would admit their failures and make changes accordingly. That's what a leader does. We'll see if Mark Richt is a real leader or not. I for one truly hope he is because I can't go through another season like 2015....that was just plain ugly and nasty.

Nothing you say makes sense dude. No one thinks things are rosy and EVERY school plays the same amount of cupcakes we do. It skews everyone's win totals. Why are ours any different.

I'll answer for you. They don't. So you are discounting every win and overplaying every loss.

Every win is not being discounted. Some were "quality" wins. It's using the cupcake wins to mask the underlying problems.

And a loss is a loss. How do you overplay that?

7-5 and even the 10-2 is really misleading when it comes to this Rick coached team.

Advertisement
Agreed there was no ability to hire Saban or Urban or Dabo. But can you really say that you're hopeful for the future after what we saw this season and Richt's past of making the same exact mistakes at UGA? Most coaches would admit their failures and make changes accordingly. That's what a leader does. We'll see if Mark Richt is a real leader or not. I for one truly hope he is because I can't go through another season like 2015....that was just plain ugly and nasty.
Honestly speaking, yes I am hopeful. Once Kosi or Jarren can FIRMLY establish themselves (I think one will make the jump) - then our team is significantly better. We are a 2 loss team at worst next season when this happens. Good/Great QB play will cover up all the holes we saw this year. Don't underestimate the impact of Brevin and Mallory coming back in better shape via S&C - and a beast like Jadon Haselwood playing right away. LO Lingard is a monster - and he will show out next year. The confluence of all these things will see this team improve drastically from this year.

Where were you when we were 10-0 and ranked #2? 1 bad season and all the rats are jumping off the ship. We got some gutless *** fans.
God, I hate porsters like you. you fail to visualize the big picture. It's not that we had 1 bad season, it's the ongoing trends we are seeing under CMR. Recruiting is hit or miss and a liability right now. Offensive coaching is straight "offensive" at this point with a head corch that appears stubborn and resistant to making proper changes for the betterment of the team and program. We have had "3" four game losing streaks in 3 years!

MR didn't inherit a train wreck player-wise from Golden. We had a very talented team that needed to get better in several areas. We were not under probation. The Admin bought in and showed him the money, which was a huge victory and change. I expected 10-2 seasons on average with winning the Coastal each year and at least having a decent chance at the ACC title and CFB playoffs. I expected a dominant defense (which we have) and a competent offense that gives us a good chance to win every time out the gate. That's what most of us expected, not this clown show.

Yes, but at least UGA is also beating quality opponents and not going on long losing streaks.

Go back to when Miami was 10-0.

Now look to today.

Pitt L
Clemson L
Wisk L
LSU L
SAV ST W
Toledo W
FIU W
UNC W
FSU W
UVA L
BC L
Duke L
GT L
VT W
PITT W

Look at that pathetic mess of a schedule. That is down right embarrassing for this program and the coaching staff overall. Now add that to his first season here when he had a four game losing streak. Hard to win much of anything when you go on big slides like that, especially against a crap schedule.
I concur, that is the most pathetic sked i have ever seen around here, pretty much any decent team beat us, used to we would run through that like water, smokin most of em by 30 points with subs playing whole second half. Its unbelievable how far this program has fallen from the old one most here are used to, and our admin and BOT/BOD is good with this ??

God, I hate porsters like you. you fail to visualize the big picture. It's not that we had 1 bad season, it's the ongoing trends we are seeing under CMR. Recruiting is hit or miss and a liability right now. Offensive coaching is straight "offensive" at this point with a head corch that appears stubborn and resistant to making proper changes for the betterment of the team and program. We have had "3" four game losing streaks in 3 years!

MR didn't inherit a train wreck player-wise from Golden. We had a very talented team that needed to get better in several areas. We were not under probation. The Admin bought in and showed him the money, which was a huge victory and change. I expected 10-2 seasons on average with winning the Coastal each year and at least having a decent chance at the ACC title and CFB playoffs. I expected a dominant defense (which we have) and a competent offense that gives us a good chance to win every time out the gate. That's what most of us expected, not this clown show.
+1 nice job Sniper

Advertisement
Where were you when we were 10-0 and ranked #2? 1 bad season and all the rats are jumping off the ship. We got some gutless *** fans.
I was where I always was, reminding everyone that we could, should have been 5-5, that the team was lifeless, unprepared and outplayed by everyone except ND.

I think we already know the answer but he will get 19, question will be answered and he'll be fired. BUT....looking at 19 sked it is so pathetic a first time p5 coach at Miami should rape most o those teams, Mork ? not so sure bout that

Advertisement
I concur, that is the most pathetic sked i have ever seen around here, pretty much any decent team beat us, used to we would run through that like water, smokin most of em by 30 points with subs playing whole second half. Its unbelievable how far this program has fallen from the old one most here are used to, and our admin and BOT/BOD is good with this ??

This season is exactly how it's been for almost 20 years. The difference is this roster, top to bottom, will be the best it's been in nearly that long. Our defense is the best it's been in God knows how long and recruiting the last two years has been the best it's been since Coker destroyed it by logging into Canesport all day when looking for prospects. The coaches aren't sitting around sulking after a bad season, they are attacking recruiting and putting us in great to decent position with a ton of recruits.

We get it, we had a bad season. CMR needs help in the form of an OC. That rarely happens until after bowl season.

I'd love to know how this is somehow a free fall run by clowns if you've watched a single season of football since the Ohio State loss 16 years ago.

This season is exactly how it's been for almost 20 years. The difference is this roster, top to bottom, will be the best it's been in nearly that long. Our defense is the best it's been in God knows how long and recruiting the last two years has been the best it's been since Coker destroyed it by logging into Canesport all day when looking for prospects. The coaches aren't sitting around sulking after a bad season, they are attacking recruiting and putting us in great to decent position with a ton of recruits.

We get it, we had a bad season. CMR needs help in the form of an OC. That rarely happens until after bowl season.

I'd love to know how this is somehow a free fall run by clowns if you've watched a single season of football since the Ohio State loss 16 years ago.
my how time fly's, how long you been here ? I'd say the drop started for good around 05, thats 13 years but beside the point. I like your enthusiasm, you must be young, no pun, but i go back to 84 and from then to 05, not counting Butch's first few years of probation, we would roll the F outta that sked, humiliating most of them. But to your point, Mork has lost many times the last two years with waaaay better talent than his opponent, and there is no excuse for that, happened at UGA the same way. So, we will see what happens, looks like we MAY play 1 team with our talent, Ufag, who will prolly kick our ***, other than that its a joke and Mork should look like a coaching god with that lame ****, but it's Mork, so we'll see

Richt doesn't like drama at the end of games. I don't either, but I prefer relaxing by being up 20+. Needing a catch on a fade in the endzone to win doesn't inspire confidence that "we're back." Yeah, a win is a win, but that doesn't make you a great team.

Advertisement
Back