what did UM expect with Richt?

this "couple of lucky bounces" argument is bull **** and overplayed. we were in position to win some very close games and we won them.
if you were thinking "gosh we shoulda lost that one" then you should stop watching football.
We won games because of our turnover margin. Use whatever metric u want tho, this offense has been bad since Richts 2nd game here.

Advertisement
I'm sorry but you can't be serious with this take. Did you watch any of the games this season? And have you seen how he completely mismanaged the QBs during the season and QB recruiting (something that's supposed to be one of his strengths)? I'm willing to give him part of the offseason to fix this mess but if we go into spring ball with the same coaching staff and no real changes being made, 2019 will be MR's last season. It will be Al Golden's last season bad down here. And the worst part is, there's no reason for it if he wasn't so stubborn or egotistical.
The man has a track record of success. One bad season does not erase 15+ good ones. Trust in the process. Its not like we had the option of hiring Saban or Urban.

Advertisement
I find it strange and funny that some of you say you are what your record is, then turn around 5 minutes later and discount some of the wins we had last year as luck.

15+ "good"ones. We need "great" ones.
How many "great" coaches are there in the nation right now? Seriously. Under 5 probably. Great = winning a championship - which rules out Lincoln Riley, Kirby Smart, Harbaugh. So tell me - how many great ones are there?

The man has a track record of success. One bad season does not erase 15+ good ones. Trust in the process. Its not like we had the option of hiring Saban or Urban.
His last 10 seasons, 9 had 3 or more losses, which is inexcusable considering the elite talent he’s had for most of those seasons. The common denominators his whole career has been elite D and woefully underachieving O. Richts has a few good seasons, but most have been subpar relative to the talent.

What we’ve seen over his 3 years here is what he’s done his whole career. He’s just not good enough.

Advertisement
That argument again?

Yea ok richt is an offensive wunderkind.
come on now don't be goofy about this, you said his offense has been terrible since his second game. that isn't even close to being true. nobody is saying he's an offensive guru.

Advertisement
come on now don't be goofy about this, you said his offense has been terrible since his second game. that isn't even close to being true. nobody is saying he's an offensive guru.
His O has been terrible. Since about 2007.

You’re talking about rankings vs team G5 teams and acc coastal teams. That doesn’t tell us much.

1544452425632.png

Advertisement
this "couple of lucky bounces" argument is bull **** and overplayed. we were in position to win some very close games and we won them.
if you were thinking "gosh we shoulda lost that one" then you should stop watching football.
Foolish thinking all wins are equal. When you can’t pull away from a one win UNC team, you just aren’t that good.

Richt hasn't had 15+ good seasons. The reason why fans are up in arms is because there are a lot of parallels between him and Golden - both were/are stubborn citing that their systems aren't failing, regardless of what stats and live game film would tell you, both stick by their staff despite the blemishes, nepotism was also a common theme as well. This is why fans are up in arms because Richt's doing the same thing he did at UGA and it resulted in failure. And he's doing the same thing that Golden did, which we knew how that ended up.

read my reaction to his hiring on this board. i never wanted him

Just bumped 2 of your threads from less than a year ago. Quit lying... you just like everyone else on and off the bandwagon when it’s riding high

Advertisement
Back