what did UM expect with Richt?

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
The man was clearly burned out at UGA plus he never had a rep for being a savage which is what you need here to win.
The man was rewarded with $4mil a year and jobs for his wife and son immediately after being fired from UGA. Why would
he change? in his mind it wasnt his fault. In contrast, Manny Diaz got fired from Texas and had to work at La Tech and Miss St.
he had to rehab his rep and learn to adjust. Anyone could have seen this coming. if we wanted an older coach, Butch was the guy.
If we wanted an younger HC, I felt Mark Stoops would have been the guy. Either way, richt pretended he was hiring an OC and
now we are screwed by his stall tactics.

Advertisement
I don't think he was a bad hire. I just don't think any coach should be given complete control.

It's obvious he needs to make some staff changes (give up play calling). Force his hand.

Advertisement
Where were you when we were 10-0 and ranked #2? 1 bad season and all the rats are jumping off the ship. We got some gutless *** fans.

I'm sorry but you can't be serious with this take. Did you watch any of the games this season? And have you seen how he completely mismanaged the QBs during the season and QB recruiting (something that's supposed to be one of his strengths)? I'm willing to give him part of the offseason to fix this mess but if we go into spring ball with the same coaching staff and no real changes being made, 2019 will be MR's last season. It will be Al Golden's last season bad down here. And the worst part is, there's no reason for it if he wasn't so stubborn or egotistical.

I'm sorry but you can't be serious with this take. Did you watch any of the games this season? And have you seen how he completely mismanaged the QBs during the season and QB recruiting (something that's supposed to be one of his strengths)? I'm willing to give him part of the offseason to fix this mess but if we go into spring ball with the same coaching staff and no real changes being made, 2019 will be MR's last season. It will be Al Golden's last season bad down here. And the worst part is, there's no reason for it if he wasn't so stubborn or egotistical.
we were two amazing catches from 5 losses

Advertisement
I don't think he was a bad hire. I just don't think any coach should be given complete control.

It's obvious he needs to make some staff changes (give up play calling). Force his hand.
he was burned out. how many coaches coach that many years straight, that many games, that stress level, and no break?

Where were you when we were 10-0 and ranked #2? 1 bad season and all the rats are jumping off the ship. We got some gutless *** fans.
I'll tell you where I was. Right here saying we were a couple lucky bounces away from being a 7 win team. Fools gold is what last year was. Anyone with eyeballs could see we were good a few games, and VERY lucky in many, many more. Still, sometimes you need a little luck to get into the playoffs, so I was happier with lucky than unlucky. Just not pleased we needed that degree of luck, because luck isn't sustainable.

The man was clearly burned out at UGA plus he never had a rep for being a savage which is what you need here to win.
The man was rewarded with $4mil a year and jobs for his wife and son immediately after being fired from UGA. Why would
he change? in his mind it wasnt his fault. In contrast, Manny Diaz got fired from Texas and had to work at La Tech and Miss St.
he had to rehab his rep and learn to adjust. Anyone could have seen this coming. if we wanted an older coach, Butch was the guy.
If we wanted an younger HC, I felt Mark Stoops would have been the guy. Either way, richt pretended he was hiring an OC and
now we are screwed by his stall tactics.

We expected that if he could consistently win 9-10 wins with UGA in "the almighty SEC", that he could do more when given Miami talent.

we were two amazing catches from 5 losses

And we were a handful of plays from 2-3 this year.

You can’t criticize the plays we don’t make and criticize the plays we do make. Then you’re just skewing records to fit your point.

Advertisement
I'll tell you where I was. Right here saying we were a couple lucky bounces away from being a 7 win team. Fools gold is what last year was. Anyone with eyeballs could see we were good a few games, and VERY lucky in many, many more. Still, sometimes you need a little luck to get into the playoffs, so I was happier with lucky than unlucky. Just not pleased we needed that degree of luck, because luck isn't sustainable.
this "couple of lucky bounces" argument is bull **** and overplayed. we were in position to win some very close games and we won them.
if you were thinking "gosh we shoulda lost that one" then you should stop watching football.

Advertisement
Lol dude his O has been bad all 3 years, and getting worse.

Last year at 10-0 we were screaming for mark
To get an OC because it was obvious what was about to happen.

Go look at old threads and you’ll see we’ve been saying the same things since 2016.

Lol dude his O has been bad all 3 years, and getting worse.

Last year at 10-0 we were screaming for mark
To get an OC because it was obvious what was about to happen.

Go look at old threads and you’ll see we’ve been saying the same things since 2016.
hes been coaching 18 years and acts like a new hc learning on the job.

Advertisement
Back