what did UM expect with Richt?

Butch Davis at Miami:

1995: 8-3
1996: 9-3
1997: 5-6
1998: 9-3
1999: 9-4
2000: 11-1

That '97 team had Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Al Blades, Duane Starks and many, many more studs.

Weird how coming out of sanctions hurts you down the line even on a team with substantial young talent.

Advertisement
Where were you when we were 10-0 and ranked #2? 1 bad season and all the rats are jumping off the ship. We got some gutless *** fans.

I was all in last year but then Mark did the Mark thing. I’ve seen enough. He needs to go.

The man has a track record of success. One bad season does not erase 15+ good ones. Trust in the process. Its not like we had the option of hiring Saban or Urban.

He has a track record of NEAR success not success. Last year he was near and then this year was also his norm. This is not so fifth year HC learning the trade. He is pass his prime and his prime was not so good, and certainly not good enough for Miami.

Advertisement
I was expecting an upgrade to facilities which we got. I was expecting to beat FSU which we did. And I was expecting to win a bowl game. I'm expecting to win the ACC but not sure that will happen any time soon. But I'm at least grateful we got there..I was expecting Richt to change the perception in the media which he did.

Since all those expectations became reality, I am now expecting more and I honestly don't think Richt is capable to giving us more than what he gave us last year. I'm ready to move on from him but I know that is not a reality right now.

But hopefully after year 5 he retires and we hire someone who doesn't let his ego get in the way of his success. The right coach at Miami can win multiple championships

Wasn’t expecting this in year 3, richt has done quite a few things to help the program since he’s been here and at the pinnacle of that success would be the 2 wins over FSU, bowl win vs top 15 ranked opponent, new facilities and for nearly all of the season Miami was ranked in the top 10 and got as high as #2 with some saying we should be #1 in the rankings heading into that last game at pitt last year.

Still sad to see how far all of that appears now after this dreadful offense we had to watch sh*t the bed with our most talented offensive group since the early 2000s overall . Richt calling plays is essentially one of them 1000 ton Anchors on a cruise ship and it won’t allow us to get where we want to go or make any progress at all.

3 of the 7 wins this year were against cupcakes. Which means there were only 4 quality wins. Unacceptable.

If Rick or any other coach can't win the coastal they shouldn't be coaching Miami.
And quite frankly fsu, vt and unc are cupcakes too... so take those 6 games away and we basically just won the last game vs an unmotivated Pitt...... truly garbage when you think about it

Expected a few levels above the recent years of dog****. Ended up even lower. Unbelievable but the athletics programs are dead in the water until the school cares.

Year 3 with Richt and the fans are screaming for changes. Meanwhile FSU makes a pretty terrible hire in Taggart but halfway through year one they force him out of playcalling duties and are flirting with Briles.

They are knee deep in Taggarts abysmal financial situation but still willing to throw more money in to salvage the situation.

You all can live with your heads in the sand. But there's no way we should not easily retain Diaz and throw 1+ mil at a guy like Briles. **** firing Jon and Thomas would free up the funds because Briles would serve as both positions.

This isn't a difficult fix. But it requires money and giving a ****. Neither of which the school is willing to invest in.

Advertisement
I find it strange and funny that some of you say you are what your record is, then turn around 5 minutes later and discount some of the wins we had last year as luck.

Exactly. Fair is fair. You cant downgrade an actual win with " we almost lost" if you don't then upgrade a loss with " we almost won". Does anyone say the FSU 1 point loss in 2016 is somehow a " win"?

Expected a few levels above the recent years of dog****. Ended up even lower. Unbelievable but the athletics programs are dead in the water until the school cares.

Year 3 with Richt and the fans are screaming for changes. Meanwhile FSU makes a pretty terrible hire in Taggart but halfway through year one they force him out of playcalling duties and are flirting with Briles.

They are knee deep in Taggarts abysmal financial situation but still willing to throw more money in to salvage the situation.

You all can live with your heads in the sand. But there's no way we should not easily retain Diaz and throw 1+ mil at a guy like Briles. **** firing Jon and Thomas would free up the funds because Briles would serve as both positions.

This isn't a difficult fix. But it requires money and giving a ****. Neither of which the school is willing to invest in.
yep, pretty much, not rocket science. I dont understand why the school dont except Jimmy's offer to help, for NOTHING, any program on the planet would jump on that in a nanosecond, our clowns, nah they got this lol

ill be honest. the year we los to VT, east carolina and FSU. i wanted him out. i remember the leads we blew those years but in college its about loading up on talent. saban isnt running crazy schemes. i've never said butch was a strategic genius.
another thing to keep in mind was at espn he was traveling the country talking to the best coaches and learning the changes to the game.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion than he'd load up on talent to the extent that his supporters think. Bags and SEC frontrunning are real issues that didn't exist to the same degree when Butch was at Miami.

I agree that Butch is more apt to trends than Richt or other stubborn old school coaches. I also think Mack Brown is in the same boat and has put together an impressive staff at UNC. I'm not sleeping on them one bit. But I still think Miami needs an innovator at HC rather than a guy in charge of hiring them. We're already witnessing with Diaz that it's a challenge to retain great coordinators.

Where were you when we were 10-0 and ranked #2? 1 bad season and all the rats are jumping off the ship. We got some gutless *** fans.

Bro, your like that guy that defensd his gf no matter what. Even when people warned u she was a ho. Even when there’s evidence she’s sleeping around with other guys. But u instead you hold on to the ONE time she gave you some. The RED FLAGS were there even when we were 10-0. We got lucky with GT, UNC, and best one of the worse FSU teams in the last 10 yrs. we LUCKED our way into 10-0 when in reality we were like 7-3 ish.

Advertisement
Butch Davis at Miami:

1995: 8-3
1996: 9-3
1997: 5-6
1998: 9-3
1999: 9-4
2000: 11-1

That '97 team had Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Al Blades, Duane Starks and many, many more studs.

Weird how coming out of sanctions hurts you down the line even on a team with substantial young talent.
you might want to check that roster again there guy.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion than he'd load up on talent to the extent that his supporters think. Bags and SEC frontrunning are real issues that didn't exist to the same degree when Butch was at Miami.

I agree that Butch is more apt to trends than Richt or other stubborn old school coaches. I also think Mack Brown is in the same boat and has put together an impressive staff at UNC. I'm not sleeping on them one bit. But I still think Miami needs an innovator at HC rather than a guy in charge of hiring them. We're already witnessing with Diaz that it's a challenge to retain great coordinators.
bag game has been around forever.

Advertisement
7-8 record since starting last year 10-0.

wins that felt like losses in 2017:

Toledo
FSU
GT
UNC
Cuse
UVA

Advertisement
Back