We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Anyone have a quick synopsis of what happened at Auburn with him that Malzahn stripped him of playcalling duties and then he was gone to UConn?

Linked article suggest Gus wouldn’t let him do what he wanted to do, so he took the next best opportunity.

More than likely, he wanted to be his own coach. And not be viewed as Gus Lite.

It's been reported that Manny is looking for a good OC first and recruiter second. I LOL at that notion because who the **** is going to recruit on the offensive side of the ball? It can't only be Hickson and Field. Maybe the new OL and WR coaches will be heavy recruiters.
Your position coaches have to be your best recruiters. They are the ones who deal with the recruits the most.

It's been reported that Manny is looking for a good OC first and recruiter second. I LOL at that notion because who the **** is going to recruit on the offensive side of the ball? It can't only be Hickson and Field. Maybe the new OL and WR coaches will be heavy recruiters.

We GOTTA be able to pay more than Dook...

Gus had to call plays to keep from getting fired due to Lashlee’s incompetence.

MAybe he got a lot better after getting fired, but that bowl game last week was an abomination.

I’m encouraged by his one year at Connecticut. They stunk, but they moved up about forty spots in yards per play and promptly sunk back down when he left.

Advertisement

Linked article suggest Gus wouldn’t let him do what he wanted to do, so he took the next best opportunity.

More than likely, he wanted to be his own coach. And not be viewed as Gus Lite.
I had a hunch. His explosive SMU offense last year doesn’t correlate with a dude getting fired from Auburn for being incompetent.

Yeaaahh..Manny might want to throw a few leaks out this time. He needs season tix renewals, momentum and to get the riot off his back. The way he hid the OC search last time isn’t going to work this time. At least not for me. I don’t trust him so I want to know WTF he’s doing before I shell out 2k on these tickets.

I got no problems with Lashlee.

But he isn't going to sway people to renew season tickets or lay off the negativity.

No idea. The only candidate I’ve heard anything about was Lashlee, via text this morning.

Diaz was very quiet about the OC hire last time. There were no leaks until very late in the process.

@DMoney given the current state of the program - who would be your realistic pick for OC?

Advertisement
He did well at SMU last year. Maybe he learned from his mistakes, or maybe Malzahn and him didn’t see eye-to-eye at Auburn because Malzahn was handcuffing him?

I’m not saying it’s the case, but it’s a theory to think about.
They had a bad year in 2016, and the offense was trash that year. Cannot deny that. Lashlee was kinda scapegoated. Gus could never really let go of the offense though. Even the year after when Lindsey took over the play calling, he hated it.

They had a bad year in 2016, and the offense was trash that year. Cannot deny that. Lashlee was kinda scapegoated. Gus could never really let go of the offense though. Even the year after when Lindsey took over the play calling, he hated it.
The one consistent when the offense has stunk has been Gus. It honestly seems like he has lost touch as a playcaller himself.

Advertisement
The one consistent when the offense has stunk has been Gus. It honestly seems like he has lost touch as a playcaller himself.
He’s too simplistic. He wins a lot of games on talent alone. He does have some innovative tendencies, but he becomes too predictive at times which hurts the flow of their offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back