VTech thoughts

Kyler Murray is 5'8". Baker Mayfield was 6'0". Height doesn't matter as much as it used to.

While Tua has stunk. Mac the Knife has not. Jalen Hurts has been pretty good, too.

As a freshman, close to 10ypa, 38:3. Third highest QB Rating in the country. I think its safe to say he's on the fast track to R1 QB in the NFL. But we'll see.
Have you looked at Bryce Young’s stats for the month of November compared to TVD? Not much difference. The kid is balling and def looks like R1 QB with his current performance. Do we build on that is the question bc we tend not to do that.

Advertisement
Kyler Murray is 5'8". Baker Mayfield was 6'0". Height doesn't matter as much as it used to.

While Tua has stunk. Mac the Knife has not. Jalen Hurts has been pretty good, too.

As a freshman, close to 10ypa, 38:3. Third highest QB Rating in the country. I think its safe to say he's on the fast track to R1 QB in the NFL. But we'll see.

Baker Mayfield isnt that good (i never was a fan)...Kyler Murray is kind of a freak athlete, speed wise and everything.

I agree Height doesnt matter as much as it use to...but you also if short better be athletic...Young isnt athletic. Mac the Knife has been pretty good because he is cerebral and is unathletic so he has been processing quick and they have gave him some easy looks, quick throws.

I dont know what to think about Jalen Hurts but again he is athletic as ****. From what i seen from Young so far he is in line with Tua from athleticism and stature standpoint...and Tua seems like he will be at urgent care atleast 4-5 times a season.
There aint NOTHING ive seen from Young yet that says 1st rd qb honestly

Seemed like Cribby was hinting that Brinson may be done for the rest of the season. We sure he didn't get injured at some point?

Brinson on a kick return...Not sure why he was on kick off return as a ablocker...but it was the kickoff after onside kick....got his *** completely obliterated and shoved into our kick returner...**** near broke his ankle on that play.

I think he played after that though

His dad had DJ Khaled in his first movie playing a role along with wyclef....Hood classic movie...SHOTTAS

Ive known them since Nesta was in the 10th grade as my family member is close friends with Nesta and his bro

I dont know...i think someone should recruit him back whomever is our coach.

The issue i usually see..when a kid has multiple close friends in the nfl and performing and collecting checks they tend to leave. Nesta has like 5 of his boys in the nfl right now

I know I’m in the minority. Tvd has played well however I still want to see what Garcia brings to the table. Everyone touts Tvds arm strength but on plenty of occasions I’ve seen wide open receivers be under thrown. Entitled kids don’t work hard make him compete and let the best man win.
I have seen guys slow down for deep balls.......pause

Advertisement

How can Tua have "stunk" and Hurts be "pretty good" when the passer ratings are nearly identical and the same goes for their TD and INT numbers and there is just over a 200 yard differential in yards? Either they both have been pretty good or they both have stunk.

For those that ***** about our S and C, there was a VT professor sitting in my section who remarked how badly that had fallen apart under Fuente. We were definitely stronger than they were from start to finish. I think Feeley has done pretty good here.
Why can’t we run the ball on anyone then?

How can Tua have "stunk" and Hurts be "pretty good" when the passer ratings are nearly identical and the same goes for their TD and INT numbers and there is just over a 200 yard differential in yards? Either they both have been pretty good or they both have stunk.
Because, as gogeta mentioned...Hurts adds a run element that Tua does not.

Mac’s numbers arent that much better than Tua’s first year. QBRs are pretty simliar. Plus tua had a **** line and Gailey calling plays with no real talent around him. I’m not even a Tua fan but all three QBs have been pedestrian. Any QB playing behind the best line with the best receivers and the best RB and an amazing defensive is going to look great. Sure he might be the exception but I think it’s safe to say that Bama QBs in the NFL are not what they appear to be in college and I would hope NFL execs are starting to take note.

Advertisement
Mac’s numbers arent that much better than Tua’s first year. QBRs are pretty simliar. Plus tua had a **** line and Gailey calling plays with no real talent around him. I’m not even a Tua fan but all three QBs have been pedestrian. Any QB playing behind the best line with the best receivers and the best RB and an amazing defensive is going to look great. Sure he might be the exception but I think it’s safe to say that Bama QBs in the NFL are not what they appear to be in college and I would hope NFL execs are starting to take note.

This is how i feel as well.

ive already stated there has been nothing i seen from young that has truly excited me. having all day to throw and throwing some 10 yd passes that guys take 80 doesnt impress me all that well.

This is how i feel as well.

ive already stated there has been nothing i seen from young that has truly excited me. having all day to throw and throwing some 10 yd passes that guys take 80 doesnt impress me all that well.
Not to mention the army of analysts breaking down film for them.

Advertisement
His dad had DJ Khaled in his first movie playing a role along with wyclef....Hood classic movie...SHOTTAS

Ive known them since Nesta was in the 10th grade as my family member is close friends with Nesta and his bro
Bro I didn't know his dad produced Shottas. That's crazy.

I’ll have something later on the search, but here are some quick thoughts on yesterday’s game:

- I know I overhype our QBs, but does anyone disagree that TVD is a first-round talent? The size and physicality are there, he can throw anywhere on the field and he’s an athlete. He was a little cautious early in the battle with Garcia, but now we are seeing the athletic arrogance come out.

His multisport background really helps him. He competed year-round instead of training. That’s one reason he is able to shake off bad plays and keep looking for big throws. The hype is just starting nationally.

- Very happy to see Thad Franklin gets some burn. He reminds me of Frank Gore in the latter part of his career. He will rarely take losses with his slippery but forceful style. Hopefully, the early struggles were just part of a maturation process. I still think he’s the most talented pure runner in the group.

- The future looks bright at WR. Brashard Smith is the type of athlete that we expect from Miami. Jacolby George is emerging and has a chance to replicate some of the things Rambo has done this year. Similar physical traits.

- Mallory is the greatest TE of all time after a penalty. Jokes aside, he is looking healthy and more like the guy who tore up Greentree for years.

- We got a lucky spot on that Knighton fourth down. Franklin needs a permanent role there.

- Happy for Mike Harley and Zack McCloud. They deserved success on Senior Day. McCloud isn’t Greg Rousseau but he is having a nice year at DE.

- Nesta is also having a good senior season. Curious what the future holds for him.

- Feeling good about my comp for Kam Kinchens- a more gifted Jaquan Johnson. He puts a lot of tackles on teaching tape.

- Chase Smith is different. He should have been playing from Day 1. The physical talent and versatility stands out just like it does with James Williams.

- Corner will need new blood there. Not enough guys playing strong outside of Tyrique. We get outworked on 50/50 balls consistently and it’s a poor tackling group.

All in all, no injuries, nice highlights, experience for the young guys and a win. Go Canes.
I said from the beginning that the better young talent should be playing QB TVD or Garcia, RB Rooster and Franklin , DL Lenny Taylor, LB Chase Smith. We had and have guys that have shown us for 3+years that they can't play yet starting before younger and better talent. That is a clear evidence this staff needs to be gone.

What I do see is a team very capable of winning 11 games- "with the right HC, DC, OC and assistants". Miami remains a hot job because of History, location and most of all Local Talent. Let's hope rumors are true, Mandy gone.

Advertisement
Does McCloud have a chance at making an NFL roster as a 3-4 outside backer in a blitzing scheme like the Steelers run? Thoughts?
I don’t see it. He doesn’t have elite bend or get off. 3- 4 EDGE need one of those two to make the roooooster. Both to do well. I think he fits better as a strong side 4-3 DE who can credibly maintain edge and drop into coverage when blitzing.

Van dyke reminds me of josh Allen from Buffalo.
What? Stop it. You’re talking about a guy with top 5 arm talent EVER. TVD doesn’t have that type of arm talent. If you’re looking for a comparison then it’s Big Ben. Big bodied QB that can make all the throws and stretch the field. He’ll make some plays with his legs time to time too.

Can we let players play more than one year before we anoint them as 1st rounders..

Dmoney does this **** with everyone.

Joe Jackson
Jon Garvin
Jafary Harvey
Gurvan Hall
1637520906556.jpeg

@DMoney : say no more!

1637521415536.jpeg

Advertisement
Back