VTech thoughts

For those that ***** about our S and C, there was a VT professor sitting in my section who remarked how badly that had fallen apart under Fuente. We were definitely stronger than they were from start to finish. I think Feeley has done pretty good here.
I have no real complaints about feeley tbh. A lot of the stuff would be solved by better recruits and better nutrition/roid program. No I’m not joking

Advertisement
Idk how you can say Thad is our “most talented pure runner”… not hating but my grandma is in a wheelchair and she can go uphill faster in that thing than Thad can run in a straight line

I’ll have something later on the search, but here are some quick thoughts on yesterday’s game:

- I know I overhype our QBs, but does anyone disagree that TVD is a first-round talent? The size and physicality are there, he can throw anywhere on the field and he’s an athlete. He was a little cautious early in the battle with Garcia, but now we are seeing the athletic arrogance come out.

His multisport background really helps him. He competed year-round instead of training. That’s one reason he is able to shake off bad plays and keep looking for big throws. The hype is just starting nationally.

- Very happy to see Thad Franklin gets some burn. He reminds me of Frank Gore in the latter part of his career. He will rarely take losses with his slippery but forceful style. Hopefully, the early struggles were just part of a maturation process. I still think he’s the most talented pure runner in the group.

- The future looks bright at WR. Brashard Smith is the type of athlete that we expect from Miami. Jacolby George is emerging and has a chance to replicate some of the things Rambo has done this year. Similar physical traits.

- Mallory is the greatest TE of all time after a penalty. Jokes aside, he is looking healthy and more like the guy who tore up Greentree for years.

- We got a lucky spot on that Knighton fourth down. Franklin needs a permanent role there.

- Happy for Mike Harley and Zack McCloud. They deserved success on Senior Day. McCloud isn’t Greg Rousseau but he is having a nice year at DE.

- Nesta is also having a good senior season. Curious what the future holds for him.

- Feeling good about my comp for Kam Kinchens- a more gifted Jaquan Johnson. He puts a lot of tackles on teaching tape.

- Chase Smith is different. He should have been playing from Day 1. The physical talent and versatility stands out just like it does with James Williams.

- Corner will need new blood there. Not enough guys playing strong outside of Tyrique. We get outworked on 50/50 balls consistently and it’s a poor tackling group.

All in all, no injuries, nice highlights, experience for the young guys and a win. Go Canes.

@DMoney I comped him to Jaquan when we were recruiting him and tried to tell everyone he was the goods along with @Liberty City El

-Remember when James was headed to UGA and i told folks i wasnt as down because of...Chase Smuth being committed. His athleticism and length is through the charts. Him with good s&c and just game experience shouldnt come off the field.

* As down as ive been for YEARS on Mccloud. Im actually PROUD of his play this year. Dude is our best DE and has turned it on. He honestly with his somewhat versatility might have played himself into a draftable prospect with a good pro day. He can easily fit in a 3-4 and has played alot of special teams here.

-Nesta Silvera is our best DT by alot. We need to recruit him hard to come back next year becauser i think he is leeaning to leaving.

Corner ....this is what was expected because of sh*tty recruiting by you know who. Everyone saw this down the road and they need a portal quick fix..to add with the hs cbs they are signing. A portal PLlug n play and to recruit Stevenson to come back another year. We have some corners that should only see spot duty that START

Advertisement
Breh, you calling TVD a R1 QB already.

You never learn, brother.

He's been good...but you need to relax.

Bryce Young...CJ Stroud...those guys are R1 QBs already. TVD? Relax. Definitely on the radar or watch list of draftable QBs moving forward.

He's going to have a new offensive coordinator next year...lets see what happens moving forward.

Jog my memory on how many bodies we can take from the portal. The defense needs work just about everywhere except Safety. But if we can find some ****** hoss's on the OL and get the run game going I'll have to change my underwear at halftime next season.
JC! Lawwwwwwwwd I’m scared to death

Advertisement
Does McCloud have a chance at making an NFL roster as a 3-4 outside backer in a blitzing scheme like the Steelers run? Thoughts?
Very intriguing.
If he works as hard as Roche did yo earn a starting spot in this league in a 3-4 or in a system that prioritize rushing the QB, I think he will be alright.

Breh, you calling TVD a R1 QB already.

You never learn, brother.

He's been good...but you need to relax.

Bryce Young...CJ Stroud...those guys are R1 QBs already. TVD? Relax. Definitely on the radar or watch list of draftable QBs moving forward.

He's going to have a new offensive coordinator next year...lets see what happens moving forward.

Bryce Young is like 5'11 185-190. The Bama/ESPN hype fest might not work this time especially depending how Tua performs.

Zach McCloud is somewhere between Tyriq McCord and Trent Harris...which is pretty good for him. Put Deandre Johnson in the same spectrum (closer to McCord).

Pretty underwhelming group to be fair...but they've proven to be useful players. The lack of a standout at DE really hurts the overall unit, but these guys have been...FINE.

Dad is a movbie producer, older bro has been working on cnematography in college. Yea he'll be straight regardless....but with his motor he will be at minimum a 3year nfl guy.
Yeah his brother directed a Polo G music video this year. I knew his people had to have some industry ties when DJ Khaled posted Nesta on his IG after Nesta signed here.

Advertisement
Very intriguing.
If he works as hard as Roche did yo earn a starting spot in this league in a 3-4 or in a system that prioritize rushing the QB, I think he will be alright.
Eagles suck. That’s it.

Roche had a big play a couple weeks back. It was fun to watch Miami guys (Trent Harris) on an otherwise really ****** team.

Bryce Young is like 5'11 185-190. The Bama/ESPN hype fest might not work this time especially depending how Tua performs.
Kyler Murray is 5'8". Baker Mayfield was 6'0". Height doesn't matter as much as it used to.

While Tua has stunk. Mac the Knife has not. Jalen Hurts has been pretty good, too.

As a freshman, close to 10ypa, 38:3. Third highest QB Rating in the country. I think its safe to say he's on the fast track to R1 QB in the NFL. But we'll see.

I’ll have something later on the search, but here are some quick thoughts on yesterday’s game:

- I know I overhype our QBs, but does anyone disagree that TVD is a first-round talent? The size and physicality are there, he can throw anywhere on the field and he’s an athlete. He was a little cautious early in the battle with Garcia, but now we are seeing the athletic arrogance come out.

His multisport background really helps him. He competed year-round instead of training. That’s one reason he is able to shake off bad plays and keep looking for big throws. The hype is just starting nationally.

- Very happy to see Thad Franklin gets some burn. He reminds me of Frank Gore in the latter part of his career. He will rarely take losses with his slippery but forceful style. Hopefully, the early struggles were just part of a maturation process. I still think he’s the most talented pure runner in the group.

- The future looks bright at WR. Brashard Smith is the type of athlete that we expect from Miami. Jacolby George is emerging and has a chance to replicate some of the things Rambo has done this year. Similar physical traits.

- Mallory is the greatest TE of all time after a penalty. Jokes aside, he is looking healthy and more like the guy who tore up Greentree for years.

- We got a lucky spot on that Knighton fourth down. Franklin needs a permanent role there.

- Happy for Mike Harley and Zack McCloud. They deserved success on Senior Day. McCloud isn’t Greg Rousseau but he is having a nice year at DE.

- Nesta is also having a good senior season. Curious what the future holds for him.

- Feeling good about my comp for Kam Kinchens- a more gifted Jaquan Johnson. He puts a lot of tackles on teaching tape.

- Chase Smith is different. He should have been playing from Day 1. The physical talent and versatility stands out just like it does with James Williams.

- Corner will need new blood there. Not enough guys playing strong outside of Tyrique. We get outworked on 50/50 balls consistently and it’s a poor tackling group.

All in all, no injuries, nice highlights, experience for the young guys and a win. Go Canes.
Seemed like Cribby was hinting that Brinson may be done for the rest of the season. We sure he didn't get injured at some point?

Advertisement
Eagles suck. That’s it.

Roche had a big play a couple weeks back. It was fun to watch Miami guys (Trent Harris) on an otherwise really ****** team.
🖕🏿🖕🏿🖕🏿
@Cribby my fellow birds fan, no more insider info for him. 😂😂😂😂

J/K
But yea, despite him playing for the Little Men of New Jersey (not sorry, @Dwinstitles ) I was happy to see him put in work.

I know I’m in the minority. Tvd has played well however I still want to see what Garcia brings to the table. Everyone touts Tvds arm strength but on plenty of occasions I’ve seen wide open receivers be under thrown. Entitled kids don’t work hard make him compete and let the best man win.

Yeah his brother directed a Polo G music video this year. I knew his people had to have some industry ties when DJ Khaled posted Nesta on his IG after Nesta signed here.
His dad had DJ Khaled in his first movie playing a role along with wyclef....Hood classic movie...SHOTTAS

Ive known them since Nesta was in the 10th grade as my family member is close friends with Nesta and his bro

His dad had DJ Khaled in his first movie playing a role along with wyclef....Hood classic movie...SHOTTAS

Ive known them since Nesta was in the 10th grade as my family member is close friends with Nesta and his bro
Zero chance he gets a draft grade and reconsiders?

Advertisement
Back