VTech thoughts

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I’ll have something later on the search, but here are some quick thoughts on yesterday’s game:

- I know I overhype our QBs, but does anyone disagree that TVD is a first-round talent? The size and physicality are there, he can throw anywhere on the field and he’s an athlete. He was a little cautious early in the battle with Garcia, but now we are seeing the athletic arrogance come out.

His multisport background really helps him. He competed year-round instead of training. That’s one reason he is able to shake off bad plays and keep looking for big throws. The hype is just starting nationally.

- Very happy to see Thad Franklin gets some burn. He reminds me of Frank Gore in the latter part of his career. He will rarely take losses with his slippery but forceful style. Hopefully, the early struggles were just part of a maturation process. I still think he’s the most talented pure runner in the group.

- The future looks bright at WR. Brashard Smith is the type of athlete that we expect from Miami. Jacolby George is emerging and has a chance to replicate some of the things Rambo has done this year. Similar physical traits.

- Mallory is the greatest TE of all time after a penalty. Jokes aside, he is looking healthy and more like the guy who tore up Greentree for years.

- We got a lucky spot on that Knighton fourth down. Franklin needs a permanent role there.

- Happy for Mike Harley and Zack McCloud. They deserved success on Senior Day. McCloud isn’t Greg Rousseau but he is having a nice year at DE.

- Nesta is also having a good senior season. Curious what the future holds for him.

- Feeling good about my comp for Kam Kinchens- a more gifted Jaquan Johnson. He puts a lot of tackles on teaching tape.

- Chase Smith is different. He should have been playing from Day 1. The physical talent and versatility stands out just like it does with James Williams.

- Corner will need new blood there. Not enough guys playing strong outside of Tyrique. We get outworked on 50/50 balls consistently and it’s a poor tackling group.

All in all, no injuries, nice highlights, experience for the young guys and a win. Go Canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll have something later on the search, but here are some quick thoughts on yesterday’s game:

- I know I overhype our QBs, but does anyone disagree that TVD is a first-round talent? The size and physicality are there, he can throw anywhere on the field and he’s an athlete. He was a little cautious early in the battle with Garcia, but now we are seeing the athletic arrogance come out.

His multisport background really helps him. He competed year-round instead of training. That’s one reason he is able to shake off bad plays and keep looking for big throws. The hype is just starting nationally.

- Very happy to see Thad Franklin gets some burn. He reminds me of Frank Gore in the latter part of his career. He will rarely take losses with his slippery but forceful style. Hopefully, the early struggles were just part of a maturation process. I still think he’s the most talented pure runner in the group.

- The future looks bright at WR. Brashard Smith is the type of athlete that we expect from Miami. Jacolby George is emerging and has a chance to replicate some of the things Rambo has done this year. Similar physical traits.

- Mallory is the greatest TE of all time after a penalty. Jokes aside, he is looking healthy and more like the guy who tore up Greentree for years.

- We got a lucky spot on that Knighton fourth down. Franklin needs a permanent role there.

- Happy for Mike Harley and Zack McCloud. They deserved success on Senior Day. McCloud isn’t Greg Rousseau but he is having a nice year at DE.

- Nesta is also having a good senior season. Curious what the future holds for him.

- Feeling good about my comp for Kam Kinchens- a more gifted Jaquan Johnson. He puts a lot of tackles on teaching tape.

- Chase Smith is different. He should have been playing from Day 1. The physical talent and versatility stands out just like it does with James Williams.

- Corner will need new blood there. Not enough guys playing strong outside of Tyrique. We get outworked on 50/50 balls consistently and it’s a poor tackling group.

All in all, no injuries, nice highlights, experience for the young guys and a win. Go Canes.
Good summary!!

TS did get hurt, though. Probably out for the remaining 2 games. Hoping he comes back next year.

Advertisement
Nice to see the positives being highlighted. With all the distractions, the guys have continued to play hard and haven’t packed it in.

The emergence of TVD has been unbelievable. There are some obvious holes in the roster, but there is also a good nucleus of players with bright futures.

Advertisement

Nice write=up. But, J. George is not similar to Rambo. Rambo is "quick and fast", J. George beats you with his speed. Remember "quick and fast" are not the same thing. The best definition of "quick & fast" see Chiefs WR - Tyrique Hill!

Advertisement
For those that ***** about our S and C, there was a VT professor sitting in my section who remarked how badly that had fallen apart under Fuente. We were definitely stronger than they were from start to finish. I think Feeley has done pretty good here.

Advertisement
Back