VTech thoughts

Bryce Young is like 5'11 185-190. The Bama/ESPN hype fest might not work this time especially depending how Tua performs.
Bryce is not a 1st round talent imo. His receivers (just like Tua) make him look much better than he is.

Advertisement
Breh, you calling TVD a R1 QB already.

You never learn, brother.

He's been good...but you need to relax.

Bryce Young...CJ Stroud...those guys are R1 QBs already. TVD? Relax. Definitely on the radar or watch list of draftable QBs moving forward.

He's going to have a new offensive coordinator next year...lets see what happens moving forward.
TVD will get R1 hype this offseason. And it will be more deserved than Kaaya's ever was.

Since TVD took over I’ve probably been the most confident in our offense since the second half of 2016 when Kaaya, Walton, Richards and Njoku got rolling under Richt. Got away with what would’ve been an easy pick six last night in the second half but been a pleasure to watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Van dyke reminds me of josh Allen from Buffalo.

Josh Allen is an elite running QB that puts up like 500 yards a season in the nfl and at times demands a spy. I dont think TVD is that good of a runner but I see the comparison. I get the Ben Roethlisberger vibe from him. When young Ben would get you 100-200 yards a year on the ground.

I gotta give Mallory credit, with TVD, he's become a real solid player

Still cant block his own shadow, but he's a really good downfield target
Would almost rather see them just split him out wide, he’s a liability blocking.

Advertisement
Good writeup D$. Defense has some serious starting talent and depth issues because of Manny’s recruiting failures. It’s going to take work to put the full side together. Need to get Rique and Jade Nasty to come back. Some bright spots with the safeties and Chase Smith.

Chantz and Harvey weren’t bad. I still have hope. Taylor needs to either trim down or learn to carry the added weight better. He seems to have lost a step. Maybe dealing with injury? What happened to Elijah?

Man are our LBs and CBS baaaddddddd.

100% agree on McCloud showing something at DE. Good for him. Gil had a pretty solid game too. Been too long for him.

TVD is special. Not sure about first rounder but he’s got the upside. And gaining confidence every game. Our whole offense is clicking. And Mallory finally emerged from his hibernation. Where was Arroyo though?
My .02 is that we have the talent on D and it's more about scheme. Perhaps not the depth but we have enough and a good DC with a better philosophy would yield better results than what the present DC provides.

Advertisement
Apparently TVD has been working on the side with Mallory on their routes etc TVD feels that’s part of his responsibility as QB and leader of the team to make sure all his guys are up to speed and ready to roll.

He was a little cautious early in the battle with Garcia, but now we are seeing the athletic arrogance come out.
That right there!!! athletic arrogance - with a brain, a body, an arm and command of the playbook.

My hope-for prediction (carefully worded) last spring, was King wasn't going to be ready and Garcia was going to have to take over and it was our turn for a Freshman Q to catch fire. That he would be so good, it was going to be hard to sit him when King was ready. I had the wrong freshman.

Last edited:
Apparently TVD has been working on the side with Mallory on their routes etc TVD feels that’s part of his responsibility as QB and leader of the team to make sure all his guys are up to speed and ready to roll.
Now, whose gonna get Mallory up to speed for blocking ?

Advertisement
Back