Update on running back recruiting

Advertisement
Parrish as a junior blows Yearby away, both statistically and by the eye test. Yearby peaked as a sophomore.
Yeah he was probably better than Freeman. Parrish is a luxury more so than a need. I would rather they take another OL or DL than RB.

Yeah he was probably better than Freeman. Parrish is a luxury more so than a need. I would rather they take another OL or DL than RB.

2020:

Lo Lingard
Cam Harris
Asa Martin
Robert Burns
Don Chaney

2021:

Lingard could potentially leave
Harris could potentially leave
Martin
Burns will likely not be on the team at this point
Chaney
A true freshman 2021 recruit

Yeah, you need a 2nd back in this class.

2020:

Lo Lingard
Cam Harris
Asa Martin
Robert Burns
Don Chaney

2021:

Martin
Chaney

I doubt both of those guys go pro, especially Lo coming off injury. I see your point tho. Anything is possible as well as injury. I think it’s more quality next cycle. We could get Franklin and Daniels and still be solid. The staff probably feels it’s time to still recruit Rooster too and even Parrish, especially if we kick both FSU and Pitt asses on the field.

Advertisement
I doubt both of those guys go pro, especially Lo coming off injury. I see your point tho. Anything is possible as well as injury. I think it’s more quality next cycle. We could get Franklin and Daniels and still be solid. The staff probably feels it’s time to still recruit Rooster too and even Parrish, especially if we kick both FSU and Pitt asses on the field.

Remember, Miami kids are happy to enter the draft to go in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Parrish = Yearby and that's ok.

Yearby drove me nuts! He was so slow! Make a guy miss, have an open field run that could be to the house only goes for 15 yds. I agree Parrish is yearby with less wiggle same speed. That’s why I’m good

Yearby drove me nuts! He was so slow! Make a guy miss, have an open field run that could be to the house only goes for 15 yds. I agree Parrish is yearby with less wiggle same speed. That’s why I’m good
A little faster than yearby but smaller

Advertisement
Ha!

Parrish should come here. If we turn up the heat and he goes to Pittsburgh, I suspect it's an ego thing.

Honest question, if we took Parrish, would that PRECLUDE us from taking another RB? Our kick returns have not exactly been setting the world on fire.

Advertisement
2020:

Lo Lingard
Cam Harris
Asa Martin
Robert Burns
Don Chaney

2021:

Martin
Chaney

good points in your prior post.

but let me say this: i'm not sure you NEED a second back, and if it is, …. parrish would be equal to any …. but what you've posted here is worst case scenario on attrition. and if ALL that happens, you could go the portal route the following winter if you didn't land who you wanted this spring.

so my corollary to you would be:

you most likely need at least to have the second back in the February class, or the following January through the portal.

my 2 cents, anyway.

Advertisement
I get what you're saying, but we did already have Chaney committed which allowed us to go all in on our next target. May not have worked out but I can understand the strategy.
It seems like the old adage about yassir arafat applies to UM recruiting: we never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

When has this ‘all in’ strategy worked for us in recruiting? Seems like every time we think we have an advantage, we overplay our hand. Just because we have chaney doesn’t mean we should go all-in on a swing for the fence. Our NEED is overall roster talent. If Parrish is relevant to that, we need to be on him. Moreover, things change, Chaney could get hurt, change his mind, whatever. The all-in strategy in recruiting is idiotic when you have an 85 man roster, 17 years of mediocrity, and huge needs.

Wouldn't give up on it, but I'm sure there's some draw to a kid like Parrish to go to Pitt and be the big fish in the little pond, rather than at UM where he's more of a filler for depth.
That theory rarely gets us guys who could go to Alabama.

Lots of nonsense as usual in this thread so let me break it down for everyone.

1. Jaylan Knighton is one of the best players in the country regardless of position and is a true stud RB. He, along with Chaney and Bowman, are the 3 best backs in the state. If you're Miami, with Chaney in the fold, you go balls to the wall on this kid because pairing him with Chaney would be the best RB haul in the country, bar none. So you've got Chaney in the dugout already, go ahead and swing for the fences with Knighton. Which the staff has done.

2. Knighton is going to commit to FSU very soon. He's already decommitted from 1 school, so of course you continue to recruit him, but he's going to announce publicly for FSU probably before the end of the month.

3. Once that happens, if you turn up the heat on Henry Parrish, and you're worth a shred of a **** in recruiting, you can convince him to stay home. And I don't care if he commits to freaking Pitt. Give me a break. The kid has a ton of interest in staying home, I don't care if he commits to Mars, it's June. You can still get this kid.

4. Henry Parrish would be a **** of a consolation prize. He would be a great #2 back in a class to pair with a true 5-star kid in Chaney. Is Parrish = Knighton as a prospect right now? No. Is he worth a take as your 2nd back if you strike out on Knighton? 1000000000%.

5. Stop crying. The staff has played this perfectly to this point. Again, it's June. And you have an Ace in the hole already with Chaney who is completely solid. The door is at least cracked open on pairing him with Knighton to make the best RB class in the country, there is NO issue with the staff trying to kick that down. If it doesn't happen, you move on.

P.S. I think Caziah Holmes is going to FSU as well, but it'll be very interesting to see how these state RBs shake up. FSU isn't going to sign 4 of them, and as much as I'd like it if they did, UF is probably not going to sign 0 either. So if Knighton does go to FSU, and Bowman does stick with Clemson, it's going to be very interesting to see what happens with Henry Parrish, Keyvone Lee, Lawrance Toafili, Caziah Holmes, and Marvin Scott. I expect RB recruiting in the state to be very fluid for the rest of the year.

I think Holmes was an easy commit. We slow played him for whatever reason. ( I get it) He is headed out of state. Just can not see him at FSU. If he is behind Knighton there as well, I mean come on. In his mind being everyone's back up RB option has to suck. He had a great visit at PSU. I would not count them out.

Let's hope Knighton commits soon so we can get our direction.

Advertisement
Back