Update on running back recruiting

I understand that a second back isn’t a necessity, and I would take Knighton over Parrish also.

My only concern is not keeping the communication with other options. It doesn’t take much effort. Injuries happen, transfers happen. I’m content with Chaney, but better to be prepared for the worst

Advertisement
Lots of nonsense as usual in this thread so let me break it down for everyone.

1. Jaylan Knighton is one of the best players in the country regardless of position and is a true stud RB. He, along with Chaney and Bowman, are the 3 best backs in the state. If you're Miami, with Chaney in the fold, you go balls to the wall on this kid because pairing him with Chaney would be the best RB haul in the country, bar none. So you've got Chaney in the dugout already, go ahead and swing for the fences with Knighton. Which the staff has done.

2. Knighton is going to commit to FSU very soon. He's already decommitted from 1 school, so of course you continue to recruit him, but he's going to announce publicly for FSU probably before the end of the month.

3. Once that happens, if you turn up the heat on Henry Parrish, and you're worth a shred of a **** in recruiting, you can convince him to stay home. And I don't care if he commits to freaking Pitt. Give me a break. The kid has a ton of interest in staying home, I don't care if he commits to Mars, it's June. You can still get this kid.

4. Henry Parrish would be a **** of a consolation prize. He would be a great #2 back in a class to pair with a true 5-star kid in Chaney. Is Parrish = Knighton as a prospect right now? No. Is he worth a take as your 2nd back if you strike out on Knighton? 1000000000%.

5. Stop crying. The staff has played this perfectly to this point. Again, it's June. And you have an Ace in the hole already with Chaney who is completely solid. The door is at least cracked open on pairing him with Knighton to make the best RB class in the country, there is NO issue with the staff trying to kick that down. If it doesn't happen, you move on.

P.S. I think Caziah Holmes is going to FSU as well, but it'll be very interesting to see how these state RBs shake up. FSU isn't going to sign 4 of them, and as much as I'd like it if they did, UF is probably not going to sign 0 either. So if Knighton does go to FSU, and Bowman does stick with Clemson, it's going to be very interesting to see what happens with Henry Parrish, Keyvone Lee, Lawrance Toafili, Caziah Holmes, and Marvin Scott. I expect RB recruiting in the state to be very fluid for the rest of the year.
Everything you hit on the HEAD bro spot on

Advertisement
Doesn't matter bro y'all are so negative and have no confidence in y'all team but that's how OUR CANE FANS ARE

I do have confidence, and I don't think much of Parrish committing to Pitt. Because if we turn up the heat in June, we should be good.

I do have a problem when fans don't understand recruiting or college football. The idea is to build depth at all positions, and anything can happen in recruiting.

I do have confidence, and I don't think much of Parrish committing to Pitt. Because if we turn up the heat in June, we should be good.

I do have a problem when fans don't understand recruiting or college football. The idea is to build depth at all positions, and anything can happen in recruiting.
True I totally agree and that's why it's a lot of backs we can add but has to be the right fit

Parrish put up 216 yards on South Dade, 214 yards on Northwestern and 177 yards on Deerfield Beach. He is a big-time back.

Pitt knows what they are doing at RB. They got Vincent Davis and Daniel Carter from Broward last year and V’Lique Carter the year before. They’ve produced a ton of NFL backs, both historically and recently, and have a RB-friendly offense to sell.

Advertisement
Parrish put up 216 yards on South Dade, 214 yards on Northwestern and 177 yards on Deerfield Beach. He is a big-time back.

Pitt knows what they are doing at RB. They got Vincent Davis and Daniel Carter from Broward last year and V’Lique Carter the year before. They’ve produced a ton of NFL backs, both historically and recently, and have a RB-friendly offense to sell.
No one is saying he's not a great get for Pitt, he is. Parrish is a good RB and I'd rather him go there than FSU. We obviously have higher guys on the board and tbh at this point I could care less about a second back. Maybe his performance at paradise will open the coaches eyes. If not, he's got all year to prove why he should be a take for us. This is a long way from over unless we grab Knighton.

No one is saying he's not a great get for Pitt, he is. Parrish is a good RB and I'd rather him go there than FSU. We obviously have higher guys on the board and tbh at this point I could care less about a second back. Maybe his performance at paradise will open the coaches eyes. If not, he's got all year to prove why he should be a take for us. This is a long way from over unless we grab Knighton.

Depends who we sign as the second back. If it’s Knighton, nobody is complaining. If it’s anyone else, I don’t expect him to be as good as Parrish.

Lots of nonsense as usual in this thread so let me break it down for everyone.

1. Jaylan Knighton is one of the best players in the country regardless of position and is a true stud RB. He, along with Chaney and Bowman, are the 3 best backs in the state. If you're Miami, with Chaney in the fold, you go balls to the wall on this kid because pairing him with Chaney would be the best RB haul in the country, bar none. So you've got Chaney in the dugout already, go ahead and swing for the fences with Knighton. Which the staff has done.

2. Knighton is going to commit to FSU very soon. He's already decommitted from 1 school, so of course you continue to recruit him, but he's going to announce publicly for FSU probably before the end of the month.

3. Once that happens, if you turn up the heat on Henry Parrish, and you're worth a shred of a **** in recruiting, you can convince him to stay home. And I don't care if he commits to freaking Pitt. Give me a break. The kid has a ton of interest in staying home, I don't care if he commits to Mars, it's June. You can still get this kid.

4. Henry Parrish would be a **** of a consolation prize. He would be a great #2 back in a class to pair with a true 5-star kid in Chaney. Is Parrish = Knighton as a prospect right now? No. Is he worth a take as your 2nd back if you strike out on Knighton? 1000000000%.

5. Stop crying. The staff has played this perfectly to this point. Again, it's June. And you have an Ace in the hole already with Chaney who is completely solid. The door is at least cracked open on pairing him with Knighton to make the best RB class in the country, there is NO issue with the staff trying to kick that down. If it doesn't happen, you move on.

P.S. I think Caziah Holmes is going to FSU as well, but it'll be very interesting to see how these state RBs shake up. FSU isn't going to sign 4 of them, and as much as I'd like it if they did, UF is probably not going to sign 0 either. So if Knighton does go to FSU, and Bowman does stick with Clemson, it's going to be very interesting to see what happens with Henry Parrish, Keyvone Lee, Lawrance Toafili, Caziah Holmes, and Marvin Scott. I expect RB recruiting in the state to be very fluid for the rest of the year.

I think Holmes is leaving Florida - Auburn possibly. Same for Toafili but don't know where. He's taken visits around. Keyvone Lee is going to have options so who knows where he ends up. I've seen his name on the UGA board, too.

Advertisement
Depends who we sign as the second back. If it’s Knighton, nobody is complaining. If it’s anyone else, I don’t expect him to be as good as Parrish.

LOL how do you know ANYONE ELSE won't be as good as parrish? come on now. stop with this SFL bias that you constantly bring. kinda ridiculous to say ANYONE ELSE won't be as good as this 3 star.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back