Update on running back recruiting

Advertisement
Who is on our radar? The last back we were linked to was Caziah Holmes, and he isn’t in Parrish’s class as a runner.

ok but that isnt what you said. you literally said ANYONE ELSE. anyone else is a pretty large pool of guys who are ranked higher than this kid. either way, i dont think well have an issue taking him from LOL PITT if we really want him.

He could go out of spite for us not recruiting him hard. Pitt can sell him on playing us every year for payback and plus Pitts rb room just lost a starter or 2 I think
Hopefully he does not make one of the biggest decisions of his life out of spite....will regret it

Advertisement
ok but that isnt what you said. you literally said ANYONE ELSE. anyone else is a pretty large pool of guys who are ranked higher than this kid. either way, i dont think well have an issue taking him from LOL PITT if we really want him.

We’re talking about realistic additions. I haven’t seen any viable targets in Parrish’s class.

As for the three star thing, the first, third and fourth backs taken in the 2019 Draft were three stars. I’m not concerned about Parrish’s ranking. He’s proven against the best of the best.

Again, what the **** are you talking about? He holds offers from FSU, PSU, TENN, WVU, Michigan and Oregon. You can't even make a case for what skills don't translate to the next level. Just throwing stuff out there.

Unlike you, I come with facts
He can’t even commit to most of those offers. Nobody is selling him short. We just have a chance to get a better complement to the Goon already locked and loaded one Chaney, if we take two. I personally think they should load up the trenches and maybe take Lamonica another TE.

Hopefully he does not make one of the biggest decisions of his life out of spite....will regret it
To a degree you have to understand the kid though. His hometown school were he wanted to go to pushes him aside for a different kid who alot of people say doesn't want to go to um. And then when that kid is gonna go somewhere else then I become the fall back option

We’re talking about realistic additions. I haven’t seen any viable targets in Parrish’s class.

As for the three star thing, the first, third and fourth backs taken in the 2019 Draft were three stars. I’m not concerned about Parrish’s ranking. He’s proven against the best of the best.

and the year before, 4 out of the first 5 backs taken were 4 or 5 stars.

Advertisement
To a degree you have to understand the kid though. His hometown school were he wanted to go to pushes him aside for a different kid who alot of people say doesn't want to go to um. And then when that kid is gonna go somewhere else then I become the fall back option

its a business. UMs job is to recruit the best backs possible. Knighton is better and UM should recruit him first. they did so with chaney already. obviously, bowman wasnt ever coming here even if clemson and UF became Jucos lol. kids use schools, esp UM, as fallback options and UM should do the same w kids.

Agreed but what about his size? 173 pounds and his frame looks small.

Wasn’t the plan all along to go hard after Knighton while still recruiting Parrish?

Anyone with a an ounce of sense knew Knighton wasn’t coming here so shouldn’t be a surprise. Hickson should go hard and lock Parrish up (he’s a great recruiter right?) and then focus on 2021.

Advertisement
Parrish put up 216 yards on South Dade, 214 yards on Northwestern and 177 yards on Deerfield Beach. He is a big-time back.

Pitt knows what they are doing at RB. They got Vincent Davis and Daniel Carter from Broward last year and V’Lique Carter the year before. They’ve produced a ton of NFL backs, both historically and recently, and have a RB-friendly offense to sell.
Yearby was better in high school. He was just decent here.

I think Holmes is leaving Florida - Auburn possibly. Same for Toafili but don't know where. He's taken visits around. Keyvone Lee is going to have options so who knows where he ends up. I've seen his name on the UGA board, too.

Yeah nothing really would surprise me with these kids. As I've been saying for months, it's going to be really interesting to see where all these chips fall. FSU is looking to take at least 2 and probably 3 backs. Of course UF will want at least 1. Looks like Miami wants 2. Should be interesting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back