Update on running back recruiting

Nothing special. I’m sure he’ll have a decent career at a mid level power 5 program
The disrespect to Parrish is real tonight. The only thing that I'll give knighton the edge is speed. He appears faster than Parrish but I don't get why people are under selling Parrish. The kid is the goods to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The disrespect to Parrish is real tonight. The only thing that I'll give knighton the edge is speed. He appears faster than Parrish but I get why people are under selling Parrish. The kid is the goods to me.
If Parrish was the real deal he would be recruited as such considering he plays for Columbus. A good HS running back whose game obviously doesn’t translate well to the next level.

If Parrish was the real deal he would be recruited as such considering he plays for Columbus. A good HS running back whose game obviously doesn’t translate well to the next level.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. What about his game doesn't translate to the next level?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. What about his game doesn't translate to the next level?
Seems like you’re the guy that clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about being your hyping up a recruit that no good programs will take

Seems like you’re the guy that clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about being your hyping up a recruit that no good programs will take
Again, what the **** are you talking about? He holds offers from FSU, PSU, TENN, WVU, Michigan and Oregon. You can't even make a case for what skills don't translate to the next level. Just throwing stuff out there.

Unlike you, I come with facts

Advertisement
Again, what the **** are you talking about? He holds offers from FSU, PSU, TENN, WVU, Michigan and Oregon. You can't even make a case for what skills don't translate to the next level. Just throwing stuff out there.
Yet not one of schools is pressing for him. Weird isn’t it? Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t near as good as you like to think and that will be even more obvious when he signs somewhere average at best. But yeah keep hyping dude up maybe that will get him some attention from some good teams :ROFLMAO:

He’s coming to Paradise right?

If he comes and shows out for the staff and they push I think he shuts it down for the good guys....

I don’t trust Knighton at all kid is looking at depth charts... don’t think he’s scared of comp with Chaney just think he knows we got DJ, Cam, and Lin-gawww already on campus he knows we’re stacked up he might not see meaningful reps till his JR or SR year

Advertisement
the traditional rule of thumb is that there is only one position where you MUST take one kid a year, and it better be the best kid you can find, and that's QB.

it used to be, that RB was a position that you alternated taking one and two a cycle, with teams that ran offenses where the TB position had 30 carries a game, two being the target more years than not.

now, in the modern game, the baseline is one TB per cycle, as offenses are less geared to the 30 carry model, it's one TB a cycle being the norm. (even the NFL has evolved to deemphasize the TB position, which is why you see the draft trends play out as they have the past 5+ years).

if there is an injury situation, or depth problem due to some other attrition, then you would take two. but today's typical roster will have min 4, but no more than 5. Travel squad will have no more than 3 TB's and it's not unheard of to have two, based on that week's game plan.

again, this are targets for roster management, not rules set in stone. but they have served well, and most coaches accept the guidelines, making adjustments as circumstances dictate.

as we knew travis was leaving early, we took two last year (5 star Lingard, and 4 star Cam). that's a load.

this year, as we know burns still is struggling with injury, we added Martin through the portal, and will have 5 star Chaney next spring.

that's two 5 stars and two 4 stars in the last two cycles, and it's not clear that any of them are starting next season ahead of DJ Dallas who is a really good football player. I call that stacking chips.

do we need to add one in addition to chaney? based on the above, no. but if we do, they better be a dead drop stud because i'd much rather see the scholly go to an OT, than a kid who will sit 4th on the depth chart for 3 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yet not one of schools is pressing for him. Weird isn’t it? Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t near as good as you like to think and that will be even more obvious when he signs somewhere average at best. But yeah keep hyping dude up maybe that will get him some attention from some good teams :ROFLMAO:

How do you know who’s pressing for him?

Advertisement
I think the new offense is going to make a huge difference, but it will also translate to a plug and play system. What I mean by that is we will have multiple options and the ball will get spread around. Just need bodies, not 5 stars or big names.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
If you go all in before he commits, then when he decommits, you have a reasonable chance of maintianing a degree of interest from him thereafter, and might even get a cap on the table whne he selects alabaga.

I get what you're saying, but we did already have Chaney committed which allowed us to go all in on our next target. May not have worked out but I can understand the strategy.

Lots of nonsense as usual in this thread so let me break it down for everyone.

1. Jaylan Knighton is one of the best players in the country regardless of position and is a true stud RB. He, along with Chaney and Bowman, are the 3 best backs in the state. If you're Miami, with Chaney in the fold, you go balls to the wall on this kid because pairing him with Chaney would be the best RB haul in the country, bar none. So you've got Chaney in the dugout already, go ahead and swing for the fences with Knighton. Which the staff has done.

2. Knighton is going to commit to FSU very soon. He's already decommitted from 1 school, so of course you continue to recruit him, but he's going to announce publicly for FSU probably before the end of the month.

3. Once that happens, if you turn up the heat on Henry Parrish, and you're worth a shred of a **** in recruiting, you can convince him to stay home. And I don't care if he commits to freaking Pitt. Give me a break. The kid has a ton of interest in staying home, I don't care if he commits to Mars, it's June. You can still get this kid.

4. Henry Parrish would be a **** of a consolation prize. He would be a great #2 back in a class to pair with a true 5-star kid in Chaney. Is Parrish = Knighton as a prospect right now? No. Is he worth a take as your 2nd back if you strike out on Knighton? 1000000000%.

5. Stop crying. The staff has played this perfectly to this point. Again, it's June. And you have an Ace in the hole already with Chaney who is completely solid. The door is at least cracked open on pairing him with Knighton to make the best RB class in the country, there is NO issue with the staff trying to kick that down. If it doesn't happen, you move on.

P.S. I think Caziah Holmes is going to FSU as well, but it'll be very interesting to see how these state RBs shake up. FSU isn't going to sign 4 of them, and as much as I'd like it if they did, UF is probably not going to sign 0 either. So if Knighton does go to FSU, and Bowman does stick with Clemson, it's going to be very interesting to see what happens with Henry Parrish, Keyvone Lee, Lawrance Toafili, Caziah Holmes, and Marvin Scott. I expect RB recruiting in the state to be very fluid for the rest of the year.

Why would we give up on a kid we may want from our territory just because he committed to a lesser program before we gave him a committable offer?

Wouldn't give up on it, but I'm sure there's some draw to a kid like Parrish to go to Pitt and be the big fish in the little pond, rather than at UM where he's more of a filler for depth.

Advertisement
Back