Unpopular Opinion

I love Sam Brooks and Avery Huff, but this is just the textbook Miami fan playbook. The next guy is always better than the current guy. Shaq is flawed, but is an All-ACC level guy. Let's just let these young guys develop a little bit for once. I think they both can be a great one here too, FWIW. They're prototypes for what football is evolving into.
This !!!!!!!

Advertisement
lol, just wait until draft time rolls around, this "praise" outside this fanbase is not going to exist when they are looked at as 6th rounders while we're the ones saying they are better than that.

And we are usually proven right.

Those late rounders tend to outperform and outlast their higher-drafted peers. That’s why we are still 3rd in NFL players.

Moreover, even a sixth round pick is still better than most of the other LBs in the nation. What Clemson LBs are doing anything in the pros? We have guys like Thurston Armbrister on rosters while Ben Boulware is unemployed.

If anything, we underrate our talent.

I’ll take my crow baked, broiled, or fried. When the meal is ready.

But, I don’t see anything on gameday that tells me that 55 won’t be easily replaceable. I love the young man and what he represents. No hate. But, I don’t care how much defense he “knows”, if he can’t get to the rock.

Sam will eat.

Those late rounders tend to outperform and outlast their higher-drafted peers. That’s why we are still 3rd in NFL players.

Moreover, even a sixth round pick is still better than most of the other LBs in the nation. What Clemson LBs are doing anything in the pros? We have guys like Thurston Armbrister on rosters while Ben Boulware is unemployed.

You're spot on. I've seen a bunch of guys outperform they're tenure at Miami with solid NFL careers. I would expect nothing less from these two. I think both Shaq & Pink will have multiple contract careers in the NFL.

GO CANES!!!

But you're saying that people outside Miami fanbase praise them more than we do. I'm saying that is false, and that they will be universally looked at as 6th rounders or worse by draft analysts, while us Miami fans will be the only ones saying that they are better than that.

Advertisement
But you're saying that people outside Miami fanbase praise them more than we do. I'm saying that is false, and that they will be universally looked at as 6th rounders or worse by draft analysts, while us Miami fans will be the only ones saying that they are better than that.

Here are several publications naming Shaq a preseason 2nd team AA, 1st team ACC and even potential defensive POY.

Pretty sure Miami fans aren't voting on these.

Shaq and Pickney are proof of why some Miami fans can't have nice things. Led by the doofus who upvoted your post and his posse in the cult of Butch, they **** on anyone who excels just because they aren't Ray Lewis or Sean Taylor, instead of appreciating what they do. All because of their demented mindset that Butch and only Butch can coach here successfully. So they backbite any potential success with hope of failure, with the hope it will somehow lead to the return of their messiah.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shaq either wont be drafted or if he is wont be higher than 3rd round at best. Take a look at what he did on Finley int late in the UF game. Take a look at him leaping on pile at UNC game.

Good on him for starting 4 years here and being a steadying presence on the Defense. We're a better team this year with him here.

He's not NFL LB fast, and he's not instinctual enough to make up for his speed deficiency.

Dont care if I get a lot of heat for it or if I end up being wrong (I hope I'm right). But I predict Avery Huff and Sam Brooks to end up having better Miami careers than Mike and Shaq. I love Mike and Shaq and I always defend them but I think most of their praise comes from them being starters since freshmen. I think Sam and Avery have much heigher ceilings in today's football and if they put it all together they will be drafted higher than MIke and Shaq when its all said and done. Seeing Sam get sideline to sideline saturday was impressive and something we havent seen at Miami since Perryman imo.

Can't disagree with this.

You won't get much push back, most people on here don't have a real high opinion on Shaq & Pinckney.

Brooks has tremendous potential & can be a star here as he continues to develop.

I'm high on Huff's ability as well, but I would wait until Spring ball of next year before we make any big declarations about what he'll be as a player. He needs to go through a full offseason in the S&C program while getting acclimated to the Defense.

I still feel we hit the portal next year for a LB, because we're going to have tons of inexperienced backers, similar to our Secondary this year.

But with Brooks, Huff, Tirek Austin-Cave & hopefully flipping Ruben Hyppolite we'll have a very fast, aggressive & young LB corps.
From time to time you talk about Ruben flipping. Is this a hope, gut feeling or do you get a sense from your contacts it can happen. Curious only, no judging from my keyboard if you are right or wrong down the road.

Advertisement
If Shaq and Pinckney both left for the NFL last season, this team wouldn’t win a single game on this schedule except Bethune and Central Michigan.

Both are two of the best linebackers that have played at Miami regardless of where you want to rank them they are still on the list.

I hope all of our upcoming players work to become better than the ones before what’s ur point it only benefits the program.

Advertisement
From time to time you talk about Ruben flipping. Is this a hope, gut feeling or do you get a sense from your contacts it can happen. Curious only, no judging from my keyboard if you are right or wrong down the road.
It's based on his recent visit to the BC game & the fact he said he's going to try to visit every home game at Miami.

He's expected to be back again either this week for CMU or when we play Va Tech & UVA. There's some legit interest coming from him & the fact that the McArthur staff is one of the few Cane friendly staffs in Broward gives us a real chance.

We just have to not fck it up lol

Here are several publications naming Shaq a preseason 2nd team AA, 1st team ACC and even potential defensive POY.

Pretty sure Miami fans aren't voting on these.

Shaq and Pickney are proof of why some Miami fans can't have nice things. Led by the doofus who upvoted your post and his posse in the cult of Butch, they **** on anyone who excels just because they aren't Ray Lewis or Sean Taylor, instead of appreciating what they do. All because of their demented mindset that Butch and only Butch can coach here successfully. So they backbite any potential success with hope of failure, with the hope it will somehow lead to the return of their messiah.

This is some real pot calling the kettle black schit here with your non stop defense of Manny.

Advertisement
Back