Unpopular Opinion

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
Dont care if I get a lot of heat for it or if I end up being wrong (I hope I'm right). But I predict Avery Huff and Sam Brooks to end up having better Miami careers than Mike and Shaq. I love Mike and Shaq and I always defend them but I think most of their praise comes from them being starters since freshmen. I think Sam and Avery have much heigher ceilings in today's football and if they put it all together they will be drafted higher than MIke and Shaq when its all said and done. Seeing Sam get sideline to sideline saturday was impressive and something we havent seen at Miami since Perryman imo.

Advertisement
Dont care if I get a lot of heat for it or if I end up being wrong (I hope I'm right). But I predict Avery Huff and Sam Brooks to end up having better Miami careers than Mike and Shaq. I love Mike and Shaq and I always defend them but I think most of their praise comes from them being starters since freshmen. I think Sam and Avery have much heigher ceilings in today's football and if they put it all together they will be drafted higher than MIke and Shaq when its all said and done. Seeing Sam get sideline to sideline saturday was impressive and something we havent seen at Miami since Perryman imo.
I think we all hope they are better along with everyone else going forward lol. Your mouth to G-d’s ears. Let’s just get back to winning every game again. This losing is old and tired.
Grace was absolutely faster “sideline to sideline” than Perryman. Maybe we can argue about that? fwiw the two that are here now will always have my respect and be special.

Advertisement
I love Sam Brooks and Avery Huff, but this is just the textbook Miami fan playbook. The next guy is always better than the current guy. Shaq is flawed, but is an All-ACC level guy. Let's just let these young guys develop a little bit for once. I think they both can be a great one here too, FWIW. They're prototypes for what football is evolving into.

You won't get much push back, most people on here don't have a real high opinion on Shaq & Pinckney.

Brooks has tremendous potential & can be a star here as he continues to develop.

I'm high on Huff's ability as well, but I would wait until Spring ball of next year before we make any big declarations about what he'll be as a player. He needs to go through a full offseason in the S&C program while getting acclimated to the Defense.

I still feel we hit the portal next year for a LB, because we're going to have tons of inexperienced backers, similar to our Secondary this year.

But with Brooks, Huff, Tirek Austin-Cave & hopefully flipping Ruben Hyppolite we'll have a very fast, aggressive & young LB corps.

Advertisement
1568742087576.png

Advertisement
Shaq and Pinckney have put up huge numbers and spearheaded a monumental turnaround on defense. For some reason, they get more respect outside the Canes fanbase than within it.

I get the premise of the post. Brooks and Huff are faster and it is becoming a speed game at linebacker. They may end up better. But this post is way premature. And I say that as a longtime Sam Brooks fan.

Let’s appreciate two excellent college linebackers. The rest of the country would love to have them.

Advertisement
Shaq and Pinckney have put up huge numbers and spearheaded a monumental turnaround on defense. For some reason, they get more respect outside the Canes fanbase than within it.

I get the premise of the post. Brooks and Huff are faster and it is becoming a speed game at linebacker. They may need up better. But this post is way premature. And I say that as a longtime Sam Brooks fan.

Let’s appreciate two excellent college linebackers. The rest of the country would love to have them.
Would hardly call them “excellent”

Advertisement
Back