**Uncommitted QB Thread**

Advertisement
Who knows with late 80s/early 90s recruiting services. But I'd also caveat SMU landing highly rated recruits in the 80s and 90s because there was some *ahem* "financial motivation" that might have made SMU a lot more attractive than they otherwise would have been.
Bags for certain - ****erson was their highest rated recruit. Craig James might be 2nd.

Rated higher than Craig James and Eric ****erson?

I'll ask the question another way- in the last 20 years, when is the last time a top 5 QB (pro or DT) deliberately chose a G5 school (and not by default because of grades) over a P5? I don't think it's happened even once in all that time. You'd think it might happen once in a while because of family connections or something like that, but at the end of the day, it seems every top 5 QB recruit goes P5 when given the option.

(I could be wrong though, I only looked at QB rankings for the past 5 years)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I THOUGHT SOMEONE SAID OUR O WAS GONNA LOOK LIKE OKLAHOMA’S.
I’d expect it to be very similar. But if you really want to see what our offense will look like, I’d recommend watching some SMU games from last year. But add in a little more QB run like Auburn with Nick Marshall.

If they played in the same offense he’s better than Jarren but I think Kosi would be better in a spread no question, and when Kosi gets his shot he’s going to be solid just wait.
He's better then Kosi or Jarren and actually has leadership qualities. I get he's a bit up and down but his 2018 he went 10-2 with a 41-15 win over Michigan in the bowl game. He finished with around 3,000 Total Yards 31 Combined TDs and 6INTs. He's a serviceable QB whose 13-2 in his last 15 starts
He's better then Kosi or Jarren and actually has leadership qualities. I get he's a bit up and down but his 2018 he went 10-2 with a 41-15 win over Michigan in the bowl game. He finished with around 3,000 Total Yards 31 Combined TDs and 6INTs. He's a serviceable QB whose 13-2 in his last 15 starts

I'll ask the question another way- in the last 20 years, when is the last time a top 5 QB (pro or DT) deliberately chose a G5 school (and not by default because of grades) over a P5? I don't think it's happened even once in all that time. You'd think it might happen once in a while because of family connections or something like that, but at the end of the day, it seems every top 5 QB recruit goes P5 when given the option.

(I could be wrong though, I only looked at QB rankings for the past 5 years)
Doesnt SMU have a top 5 QB committed to them ironically next season? Lol

Advertisement
Doesnt SMU have a top 5 QB committed to them ironically next season? Lol

That's basically my point- I don't think he stays with SMU. Going back to 2000, that's 100 top 5 QBs (5 per year × 20 yrs). As far as I can tell, only 1 of the 100 top 5 QBs voluntarily went to a G5 when they had a P5 offer (2002 Ben Olson BYU) So if I'm playing the odds, I'd wager that Stone's commitment to SMU doesn't stick. Could he be the 2nd in 20 years to go G5? Of course. But the numbers lead me to believe he will end up at a P5.

One of the rumblings about why Shedeur is still uncommitted is because *allegedly* he's a package deal with Prime.

Meaning, if you want Shedeur you have to hire Deion too. Idk if that's true, could be just a rumor, but back in February for the Super Bowl Deion did an interview on Dan Patrick show where Dan asked him about coaching college (this was back before FSU hired Norvell) & Deion basically all but guaranteed he was going to be coaching in college next year (2021) at somewhere. Now he was saying he might be a HC (which I doubt) but the point is he made it pretty clear he absolutely wanted to coach College ball after his son graduates.

If yall remember early on in the process Shedeur was supposed to be going to either UGA or FSU, but both teams randomly cooled on him & moved on, I don't think it's because of talent because the kid can definitely play D1 P5 ball, so something must of been a reason why they both backed off & took other QB's.

I would offer Shedeur in a heartbeat & see if he's interested & if Prime is a package deal, welp Patke it's been nice but you gotta go! Lol... Now I know that would never happen, but at this point just offer the kid anyway, he's a highly productive multi sport athlete & 3 time state champion down in Cedar Hill TX & they play independent & aren't in any classification so there may be some comp disparity, but he's originally from Florida only played his HS ball in TX because Deion wanted to become an OC at a school, Shedeur was actually supposed to be transferring to IMG for his Senior year but decided not to.

Shedeur commits to Taggart & FAU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back