**Uncommitted QB Thread**

Only QB they are actively recruiting is Garcia
I hope Manny knows what he's doing here. Because with King possibly gone, and then the frickin Texas job likely opening up, it's going to get EXTREMELY difficult to keep Lashlee for 2021. If that happens this might be an unpopular take but dag gummet we would have to bring Art Briles onboard to run our 2021 offense.

Advertisement
I hope Manny knows what he's doing here. Because with King possibly gone, and then the frickin Texas job likely opening up, it's going to get EXTREMELY difficult to keep Lashlee for 2021. If that happens this might be an unpopular take but dag gummet we would have to bring Art Briles onboard to run our 2021 offense.
You think Lashlee has a legit shot at the job as the HC at Texas???

First off, I have no inside info on this. I just think that we all know that Texas can open up about the largest checkbook in the Power 5, and I think Lashlee has done an OUTSTANDING job with King and our Offense....I mean not to beat a dead horse but we all saw how our offense was and Lashlee has our offensive kids playing with belief and playing meaningful football in early December.....and ALL THIS WITHOUT a full spring, summer workouts/conditioning/film study and a very watered down fall camp. Lashlee has got to be Top 3 on that list right now for UT....he has TX ties from his success at SMU, the only way I think we keep him if is TX doesn't want a 1st time HC (not sure how the boosters would feel about that after taking Herman who was a terrific OC at OSU....albeit under Meyer. And CMD is no Meyer so that's even more credit to Lashlee's coaching ability and the job he's done in this crazy pandemic stricken year. Suffice to say, if it does happen, based on CMD decision to recruit Lashlee and seeing how he'd fit (which was PERFECT), I believe he'd nail it again....my two cents would be to plz let it be Art Briles (IMO the things that happened under his watch at BU won't happen under CMD watch at UM...no way no how....he'd recruit and run the O, that's it).

First off, I have no inside info on this. I just think that we all know that Texas can open up about the largest checkbook in the Power 5, and I think Lashlee has done an OUTSTANDING job with King and our Offense....I mean not to beat a dead horse but we all saw how our offense was and Lashlee has our offensive kids playing with belief and playing meaningful football in early December.....and ALL THIS WITHOUT a full spring, summer workouts/conditioning/film study and a very watered down fall camp. Lashlee has got to be Top 3 on that list right now for UT....he has TX ties from his success at SMU, the only way I think we keep him if is TX doesn't want a 1st time HC (not sure how the boosters would feel about that after taking Herman who was a terrific OC at OSU....albeit under Meyer. And CMD is no Meyer so that's even more credit to Lashlee's coaching ability and the job he's done in this crazy pandemic stricken year. Suffice to say, if it does happen, based on CMD decision to recruit Lashlee and seeing how he'd fit (which was PERFECT), I believe he'd nail it again....my two cents would be to plz let it be Art Briles (IMO the things that happened under his watch at BU won't happen under CMD watch at UM...no way no how....he'd recruit and run the O, that's it).
We’re really having this discussion. This part in red and Texas would take Briles before Lashlee. Jerry Falwell University has laundered Briles like a cartel washing bills. He’s all cleaned up and ready to go.

Advertisement

theyre not giving lashlee the keys to Texas lol

I mean when Urban Meyer turns them down they'll move onto their next target, Rhett Lashlee.

Natural progression really.

Art Briles has been totally exonerated. This would be an outstanding hire

Advertisement
Back