**Uncommitted QB Thread**

Advertisement
I think we should offer the uncommitted Fl QB's. Take 1. Try not to waste too much time on kids that need to fly to Miami. COVID will still be a thing.

IMO don't offer a QB unless you really want him. Instead, get a game manager who can put it in the hands of all your 4 and 5 star play makers. We have had success with QBs that wouldn't necessarily of had a lot of stars by his name. Can't find a QB offer another play maker on either side of the ball. At least now there are other options should you miss out on a high school player.

IMO don't offer a QB unless you really want him. Instead, get a game manager who can put it in the hands of all your 4 and 5 star play makers. We have had success with QBs that wouldn't necessarily of had a lot of stars by his name. Can't find a QB offer another play maker on either side of the ball. At least now there are other options should you miss out on a high school player.
I think we need to take a QB, but you are right about not worrying about the star rating. Next year, (assuming they all stay) We have 2 4 star RS Seniors (Perry & Martell) and a 4 star Tr. Sophomore (TVD). If our 2021 QB is 3 or fewer stars, really not a big deal and he might be low rated due to size.

There are tons of Qb's out there flying under the radar. Lashlee needs to do some scouting.

Advertisement
A QB became much less important now that everyone was granted an extra year. We should take the best players available regardless of position for the remaining spots. It’s silly to take a QB just to be a game manager or a camp arm. I’d rather see TVD, Perry, and Tate get more reps. The only way I see a QB coming is if the offense puts up huge numbers and they translate to wins. Then a flip could happen.

A QB became much less important now that everyone was granted an extra year. We should take the best players available regardless of position for the remaining spots. It’s silly to take a QB just to be a game manager or a camp arm. I’d rather see TVD, Perry, and Tate get more reps. The only way I see a QB coming is if the offense puts up huge numbers and they translate to wins. Then a flip could happen.
I agree. TVD will be a true Freshman next year, he will essentially be the QB were bringing in.

So there is no point in reaching for a QB. If a stud wants in like Stone, Garcia, etc. Then yes, but I wouldn't reach.

Advertisement
I think we need to take a QB, but you are right about not worrying about the star rating. Next year, (assuming they all stay) We have 2 4 star RS Seniors (Perry & Martell) and a 4 star Tr. Sophomore (TVD). If our 2021 QB is 3 or fewer stars, really not a big deal and he might be low rated due to size.

There are tons of Qb's out there flying under the radar. Lashlee needs to do some scouting.
Guys I think we're underestimating Lashlee if the thought is that he hasn't scouted accurately enough to have landed a QB by now. The last thing we need is another JAG on our team (we're very close to not having any now), ESPECIALLY at the QB position. Combine spring ball being cancelled plus visits plus our horrendous QB play last year and it's easy to see why guys aren't chomping at the bits to jump onboard. If we can get a King-Lashlee "audition" of at least 3-5 games that's all we'll need to get our '21 QB locked up. COVID creating a dead crootin period has helped in mostly locking down SoFla for our '21 class, but it's hurt big time in our QB recruiting, hence my 3-5 offensive audition stated above.

I trust Lashlee, he knows way more about offense and what he wants in a QB. But man, I feel like something is missing with why he hasn't offered Braxton or Salter. I'd love to pick his brain on that, and have him be honest.

Advertisement
I don't get why Washington is so appealing to QBs lately. Seems like just about every year they land a high end Top 10 QB and sometimes two.

They put some guys in the NFL, more than us in these kids lifetime. It's also an awesome location with the the best of both worlds, sand and mountains nearby. Beautiful campus in a cool city. Everyone has different opinions on what they want, but it would be high on my list if I was making one.

Clemson feeling pretty confident on Ty Thompson right now. Looks like their 247 reporter is going to put in her cb for him to Clemson..

Advertisement
What did you guys think about that kid from Utah. Jaxson Dart, he looked dam good to me. I got to think hes going to get recruited a little more then he was previously.

I really do not understand why Lashlee is so obsessed with Garcia to the point he wont offer or go after any other QB within reason? I mean **** we haven't offered a QB in months, is this QB class like terrible or something? Can he really not find a QB outside of Garcia and Milroe?

Advertisement
Back