UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't read anything into this article. What do we expect Perry's new teammates to say? That he stinks?

No but everyone from the coaching staff to the players have done nothing but praised N'Kosi Perry to this point.

The players were not sold on Brad Kaaya at all no matter how much Al Golden and James Coley hyped him going into his freshman year. Duke Johnson didnt vouch for Kaaya at all. The players on the team today don't have to say anything about him so the fact that they're and it's positive is a good sign.

More anti-Kaaya crap made out of the statement of Ryan Williams best friend.
Besides I don't care what any of the upperclassmen on that team thought. Besides Perryman they were all a bunch of quitters that stopped giving any effort after the FSU game.

How is it anti kaaya crap?? All was said was players weren't sold on Kaaya coming into his freshman year. How's that anti kaaya crap?

Advertisement
Can't read anything into this article. What do we expect Perry's new teammates to say? That he stinks?

No but everyone from the coaching staff to the players have done nothing but praised N'Kosi Perry to this point.

The players were not sold on Brad Kaaya at all no matter how much Al Golden and James Coley hyped him going into his freshman year. Duke Johnson didnt vouch for Kaaya at all. The players on the team today don't have to say anything about him so the fact that they're and it's positive is a good sign.

Besides I don't care what any of the upperclassmen on that team thought. Besides Perryman they were all a bunch of quitters that stopped giving any effort after the FSU game.

How is it anti kaaya crap?? All was said was players weren't sold on Kaaya coming into his freshman year. How's that anti kaaya crap?

Because he is a idiot poster who has a obsession with Kaaya and provides literally zero evidence that to his moronic theory about the players and Kaaya. He is literally basing his theory off the fact that Perry is getting hype from other players and since he doesn't remember Kaaya getting the same hype (according to him) that must mean players were not sold on him. You clearly don't know his history on this website.

am sorry. did you expect an article that, OMG we should have never offered him.. he is going to be a disaster .. fluff article by someone who creds will be challenged until he gets a job on his own merits.

Did we get an Article about how good Cade Weldon and Jack Allison looked?

I disagree just because Richt, like most coaches, seems to prefer more risk averse QB's over the high risk high reward guy. You can see it in the way he runs the O. In the same way choc can't see the field because he can't get his pads low as a RB after 4 **** years, Rosier won't see the field because he turns it over too much.

And I disagree because I have serious doubts that Richt is going to want to roll into FSU in only the third game of the season with a true freshman right out of high school.

History doesn't paint a pretty picture of true freshman QB's. Even guys who bucked the trend like Manziel were REDSHIRT freshman. It's unfair and unrealistic to expect Perry to set the world on fire the second he comes on campus. There is going to be an adjustment period.

I wasn't arguing for perry winning the job, just the less mistake prone QB in sheriffs. The knock on him seems to be his arm strength.

This job is between Rosier and Perry IMO. Richt either goes with the only guy on the roster with experience or says **** it and goes with the rook.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Sheriff wins the job.

Get ready to be shocked.

Shocked wouldn't be a strong enough word. It would mean Rosier is dog **** and Perry is nowhere near ready to contribute.

Someone I know that attended several of the practices and whose opinion I give weight to told me something about Sheriff that is usually the kiss of death for a QB. Supposedly he has "hold the ball too long disease".

That **** is like luggage, you keep it forever. There is no known cure.

Last edited:
And I disagree because I have serious doubts that Richt is going to want to roll into FSU in only the third game of the season with a true freshman right out of high school.

History doesn't paint a pretty picture of true freshman QB's. Even guys who bucked the trend like Manziel were REDSHIRT freshman. It's unfair and unrealistic to expect Perry to set the world on fire the second he comes on campus. There is going to be an adjustment period.

I wasn't arguing for perry winning the job, just the less mistake prone QB in sheriffs. The knock on him seems to be his arm strength.

This job is between Rosier and Perry IMO. Richt either goes with the only guy on the roster with experience or says **** it and goes with the rook.

Get ready to be shocked.

Shocked wouldn't be a strong enough word. It would mean Rosier is dog **** and Perry is nowhere near ready to contribute.

Someone's opinion who I give weight to that attended several of the practices told me something about Sheriff that is usually the kiss of death for a QB....he supposedly has "hold the ball too long disease".

And he has no arm. I rather watch Rosier then watch a bunch of 2 yard passes from Shieriffs cuz he just seems like that type of player. No big plays or big time throws.. just check downs.

Advertisement
am sorry. did you expect an article that, OMG we should have never offered him.. he is going to be a disaster .. fluff article by someone who creds will be challenged until he gets a job on his own merits.

Did we get an Article about how good Cade Weldon and Jack Allison looked?

Exactly. We knew Cannon Smith, Gray Crow, little Olsen, Ryan Williams, Jake Heaps, Preston Dewey, Rosier and Shirreffs weren't taking anyone's spot within a couple of weeks of when they stepped on campus, too.

For the longest time, I wasn't a believer that a true freshman like Perry could compete for the starting QB position. I thought we rushed Kaaya and it hurt him and the team. But I get the sense Perry is a different beast altogether. He just may be the exception that proves the rule. Can't wait to hear how he progresses.

Keep in mind that Charlie Ward wasn't the Charlie Ward you guys remember as a true freshmans.

Ward wasn't Ward till his 3rd year in the program(did he redshirt? If so, then fourth) but it wasn't till they went shotgun, spread-hurry up out of desperation vs GaTech in the middle of the 1992 season did he really take off to what he eventually began

Get ready to be shocked.

Someone I know that attended several of the practices and whose opinion I give weight to told me something about Sheriff that is usually the kiss of death for a QB. Supposedly he has "hold the ball too long disease".

He also appears to play his worst when things matter the most to him. He was allegedly leading the backup race last year then had bad a scrimmage. Some have said he was injured and thats what did him in. He wasn't in the top 2 for the job when Richt removed some names from the competition in the final weeks of fall camp.

This past spring the site went crazy with Shirreffs hype after the first scrimmage because he was praised for standing in and making throws. The next two scrimmages he completes less than 45% of his passes or so and doesn't throw a TD. He seems to wilt when something is on the line.

That's a lie about players not liking kaaya especially the 2016 team

No it's not David Njoku might have liked Kaaya but the majority of the team didn't. Every team that has a respected and loved qb leading them it's obvious how much the players gravitate towards them, that wasn't the case with Kaaya.

Last edited:
Advertisement

How were they a bunch of quitters?? The program failed them and didnt have a leader at QB on top of it.

How were they a bunch of quitters?? The program failed them and didnt have a leader at QB on top of it.

They quit putting any effort in. Guys like Duke Johnson should have had the team coming to play but they had no pride and didn't care. That was on them that we lost the last four games to finish 6-7, not the freshmen QB who was second in the ACC in almost every QB stat that year.

No it's not David Njoku might have liked Kaaya but the majority of the team didn't. Every team that has a respected and loved qb leading them it's obvious how much the players gravitate towards them, that wasn't the case with Kaaya.

That's not true, you can hate kaaya all you want but that's not the case here.

That's not true, you can hate kaaya all you want but that's not the case here.

malik rosier on the sideline of the vatech game says hi

Advertisement

Source please. Besides the one interview with Ryan Williams roommate because that's obviously biased.

Perry is the only QB on the roster with the talent to be a P5 caliber starter. If he can't win the job, we have problems.

I disagree. I would like to see Shireff win the starting job for 2 reasons: 1. Shireff reminds me of a more athletic Ken Dorsey, and 2. QBs like Shireff and Dorsey are easier to replace than these Dynamic dual-threat guys. For instance, Clemson fans are out of their minds if they think they're not going to miss a beat without Watson. The kid was too dynamic.

Wait, so you are saying you hope Sheriff wins the job because Perry would be too dynamic and too difficult to replace? Just a suggestion, enjoy the moment.

Put the best guy to win games on the field THIS YEAR.

Not preparing QBs for the future BS. If Perry is the guy then he earned it. Rosier is wildly inconsistent. More Picks than TDs. That can change if he works his *** off. Rosier is always a little bit fast. Haven't seen Sheriffs run yet.

Advertisement

They quit putting any effort in. Guys like Duke Johnson should have had the team coming to play but they had no pride and didn't care. That was on them that we lost the last four games to finish 6-7, not the freshmen QB who was second in the ACC in almost every QB stat that year.

Kaaya bottomed out like he always does, his freshman year wasnt special yall just hype it up like it is. He's had the same obvious handicaps combined with complete lack of leadership qualities he's always had in his games his entire career. The team didnt quit bc the season was already over. What you wouldve been impressed if we won two more games instead?? No leadership from coaching and the qb combined equals no chance.

Perry is the only QB on the roster with the talent to be a P5 caliber starter. If he can't win the job, we have problems.

I disagree. I would like to see Shireff win the starting job for 2 reasons: 1. Shireff reminds me of a more athletic Ken Dorsey, and 2. QBs like Shireff and Dorsey are easier to replace than these Dynamic dual-threat guys. For instance, Clemson fans are out of their minds if they think they're not going to miss a beat without Watson. The kid was too dynamic.

Wait, so you are saying you hope Sheriff wins the job because Perry would be too dynamic and too difficult to replace? Just a suggestion, enjoy the moment.

Perry is our Watson so we shouldn't play him or we won't have a Watson anymore.

Kaaya bottomed out like he always does, his freshman year wasnt special yall just hype it up like it is. He's had the same obvious handicaps combined with complete lack of leadership qualities he's always had in his games his entire career. The team didnt quit bc the season was already over. What you wouldve been impressed if we won two more games instead?? No leadership from coaching and the qb combined equals no chance.

So the seniors needed leadership from a freshmen to beat Pitt or UVA? Guess that's why most of those guys are second string at best at the next level. Hate on Kaaya all you want he was at the top few of his conference at his position. If I'm calling anyone's leadership out it was we'll known that was Duke Johnsons team.

So the seniors needed leadership from a freshmen to beat Pitt or UVA? Guess that's why most of those guys are second string at best at the next level. Hate on Kaaya all you want he was at the top few of his conference at his position. If I'm calling anyone's leadership out it was we'll known that was Duke Johnsons team.

Exactly my point, he submitted soon as he stepped on campus, not a leader and never became one. If you want to make it out about Duke, he was gone after his first year whats the excuse after that??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back