UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How were they a bunch of quitters?? The program failed them and didnt have a leader at QB on top of it.

They quit putting any effort in. Guys like Duke Johnson should have had the team coming to play but they had no pride and didn't care. That was on them that we lost the last four games to finish 6-7, not the freshmen QB who was second in the ACC in almost every QB stat that year.

Kaaya bottomed out like he always does, his freshman year wasnt special yall just hype it up like it is. He's had the same obvious handicaps combined with complete lack of leadership qualities he's always had in his games his entire career. The team didnt quit bc the season was already over. What you wouldve been impressed if we won two more games instead?? No leadership from coaching and the qb combined equals no chance.

So the seniors needed leadership from a freshmen to beat Pitt or UVA? Guess that's why most of those guys are second string at best at the next level. Hate on Kaaya all you want he was at the top few of his conference at his position. If I'm calling anyone's leadership out it was we'll known that was Duke Johnsons team.

Exactly my point, he submitted soon as he stepped on campus, not a leader and never became one. If you want to make it out about Duke, he was gone after his first year whats the excuse after that??

No you're statement that you still haven't provided any source was that Kaaya's teammates never liked him and didn't support him during the freshmen year. Then you blame the losses on "Kaaya's leadership" which you know nothing about

Advertisement
[TWEET]871011763545931777[/TWEET]

[TWEET]871009318623211520[/TWEET]

He ready...

I disagree just because Richt, like most coaches, seems to prefer more risk averse QB's over the high risk high reward guy. You can see it in the way he runs the O. In the same way choc can't see the field because he can't get his pads low as a RB after 4 **** years, Rosier won't see the field because he turns it over too much.

And I disagree because I have serious doubts that Richt is going to want to roll into FSU in only the third game of the season with a true freshman right out of high school.

History doesn't paint a pretty picture of true freshman QB's. Even guys who bucked the trend like Manziel were REDSHIRT freshman. It's unfair and unrealistic to expect Perry to set the world on fire the second he comes on campus. There is going to be an adjustment period.

I wasn't arguing for perry winning the job, just the less mistake prone QB in sheriffs. The knock on him seems to be his arm strength.

How do you know Shirreffs is less mistake prone?

He doesn't know, of course. How could be?

There's a lot of this: people posting uninformed opinions, or their own personal wishes or fantasies, or their guesses, AS FACT. With no data to base it on.

For example:

Krazykunt posting as FACT that Perry is an elite runner

Paramus posting as FACT that Shirreffs is an excellent game manager (having never taken a single college snap)

... and on and on

It's like people don't have the mental capacity to distinguish between their musings and fantasies from reality

Well by everything reported out of spring it seems to be that there is one guy that can make big plays but has issues with turning the ball over, and there's another guy who's more cerebral but struggles with accuracy. Which one would you say makes more mistakes? I don't have any stake in any specific guy winning the job and I'm not one that's gonna say I told you so if I end up being right.

And I disagree because I have serious doubts that Richt is going to want to roll into FSU in only the third game of the season with a true freshman right out of high school.

History doesn't paint a pretty picture of true freshman QB's. Even guys who bucked the trend like Manziel were REDSHIRT freshman. It's unfair and unrealistic to expect Perry to set the world on fire the second he comes on campus. There is going to be an adjustment period.

I wasn't arguing for perry winning the job, just the less mistake prone QB in sheriffs. The knock on him seems to be his arm strength.

There's a lot of this: people posting uninformed opinions, or their own personal wishes or fantasies, or their guesses, AS FACT. With no data to base it on.

For example:

Paramus posting as FACT that Shirreffs is an excellent game manager (having never taken a single college snap)

... and on and on

It's like people don't have the mental capacity to distinguish between their musings and fantasies from reality

Well by everything reported out of spring it seems to be that there is one guy that can make big plays but has issues with turning the ball over, and there's another guy who's more cerebral but struggles with accuracy. Which one would you say makes more mistakes? I don't have any stake in any specific guy winning the job and I'm not one that's gonna say I told you so if I end up being right.

End up being right about what?

Advertisement

For example:

... and on and on

End up being right about what?

Evan getting the nod over Malik

anyone who thinks rosier or sherriefs is getting the nod over perry is sadly mistaken even though he may not be the clear cut best QB come fall Richt knows for the direction of the program that we need perry out there. If he starts the full season there is no doubt that he will be the best QB by seasons end as Dmoney stated during one of the previous podcasts Perry is substantially more talented than the other two but has a lack of expierence which will no longer be the case if he starts the full season.

Dear CIS readers,

RE:[TWEET]871009318623211520[/TWEET]

IMG_4227.GIF

Sincerely,
Broke

anyone who thinks rosier or sherriefs is getting the nod over perry is sadly mistaken even though he may not be the clear cut best QB come fall Richt knows for the direction of the program that we need perry out there. If he starts the full season there is no doubt that he will be the best QB by seasons end as Dmoney stated during one of the previous podcasts Perry is substantially more talented than the other two but has a lack of expierence which will no longer be the case if he starts the full season.

I agree with you that Richt wants perry as his guy going forward. If I had to guess who he would choose between sherriefs and rosier, sherriefs would be the guy, but that's just my own personal opinion and nothing but.

Advertisement
Don't pay attention to what former players say about bard kaayak.

Listen to kevinkuntface, who has yet to provide a shred evidence that what Mongo said on the radio was false.

What a ******* ****.

Need to get that coat off him so he doesn't sweat away any weight...need someone w a big shade umbrella following him around till he gains 40 lbs..lol

Don't pay attention to what former players say about bard kaayak.

Listen to kevinkuntface, who has yet to provide a shred evidence that what Mongo said on the radio was false.

What a ******* ****.

Just get one source outside of Ryan Williams roommate and life partner to back up the claim that the whole team didn't like Kaaya. Shouldn't be that hard if all the players felt it.

Advertisement
Rosier is going to begin the season as the starter. I have no idea if he'll end the season as such, but I'd be shocked if it played out any other way.

I disagree just because Richt, like most coaches, seems to prefer more risk averse QB's over the high risk high reward guy. You can see it in the way he runs the O. In the same way choc can't see the field because he can't get his pads low as a RB after 4 **** years, Rosier won't see the field because he turns it over too much.

That's one of the first things I look for in big road games when I'm betting. People just don't get it, freshman QB's probably lose 90% of the time in big games on the road at least for the first 6 games or so. People can argue all day long about this BS, been betting for years. I won't bet against Miami ever, but if I wasn't a Miami fan and Perry was starting I would surely be betting against them. Just like I knew Miami was going to lose to Lou 3 years back, just couldn't bet against my team. It is what it is!

I don't have a problem with that, just don't expect to win a big road game against FS. If we did win it will because our D played lights out.

Advertisement
How has any of the vacuous **** in this thread made the posters saying "I told you guys Perry was the guy" so confident?

How has any of the vacuous **** in this thread made the posters saying "I told you guys Perry was the guy" so confident?

I've said it million times.

People have a hard time understanding that they are projecting their wishes and fantasies into reality.

People talk themselves into thinking that Perry will do what has never been done before by a true freshmans, and then they selectively pick out articles, images, what-have-you that reinforce their wishful thinking. Many of you have heard of this before: it's called confirmation bias.

And in this case there is some CIS groupthink in the mix.

The reality is this: as [MENTION=12878]CaneOil[/MENTION] said, the historical data doesn't support the notion that Perry, if the starter, as a passing QB, will do well in big games. Nor does the historical data support the notion that a true freshmans QB can lead a P5 team to over ten wins if he is a passing QB (Alabama is an outlier here for obvious reasons). We're not Alabama, and Perry isn't a running QB.

So let's assume, for argument's sake, Perry wins the starting job. And let's also assume that as a starting QB, he beats FSU away, and leads us to, let's say a 11-1 or 10-2 type regular season. If that happens, it will be a miraculous story, undoubtedly the number one story in college football. It will also be the first time something like this has EVER happened in college football. EVER.

Hey, I mean it could happen, but what are the odds based on available data?

Perry is the only QB on the roster with the talent to be a P5 caliber starter. If he can't win the job, we have problems.

I disagree. I would like to see Shireff win the starting job for 2 reasons: 1. Shireff reminds me of a more athletic Ken Dorsey, and 2. QBs like Shireff and Dorsey are easier to replace than these Dynamic dual-threat guys. For instance, Clemson fans are out of their minds if they think they're not going to miss a beat without Watson. The kid was too dynamic.

So you don't want perry to start in case he's so dynamic like Watson, wins, but then we have to repalce him....... this kinda of thinking requires sub 75 IQ.... congrats

I've said it million times.

People have a hard time understanding that they are projecting their wishes and fantasies into reality.

People talk themselves into thinking that Perry will do what has never been done before by a true freshmans, and then they selectively pick out articles, images, what-have-you that reinforce their wishful thinking. Many of you have heard of this before: it's called confirmation bias.

And in this case there is some CIS groupthink in the mix.

The reality is this: as [MENTION=12878]CaneOil[/MENTION] said, the historical data doesn't support the notion that Perry, if the starter, as a passing QB, will do well in big games. Nor does the historical data support the notion that a true freshmans QB can lead a P5 team to over ten wins if he is a passing QB (Alabama is an outlier here for obvious reasons). We're not Alabama, and Perry isn't a running QB.

So let's assume, for argument's sake, Perry wins the starting job. And let's also assume that as a starting QB, he beats FSU away, and leads us to, let's say a 11-1 or 10-2 type regular season. If that happens, it will be a miraculous story, undoubtedly the number one story in college football. It will also be the first time something like this has EVER happened in college football. EVER.

Hey, I mean it could happen, but what are the odds based on available data?

Everything you mentioned is true but the same thing can be said about Rosier and Shirreffs. Just because they are upperclassmen doesn't mean they are going to be good and beat FSU. Truth is whoever the starting QB is it will be tough to beat FSU on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back