UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Rosier or Shirreffs is the starter...

But, if either of them lose to FSU do yall think they should still be the starter for the rest of the season?

Also, the reason why a lot of people aren't so gung-ho about the upperclassmen is because practically every report we've heard from anyone who's seen practice has said that neither Rosier or Shirreffs has looked good by any standard.

Plus, in the Spring Scrimmage they both looked pedestrian, so when reputable people are telling us these guys basically look like ****, what do you expect the reaction to be?

You don't have to quell the excitement fans have about Perry on every single thread, we've heard the case being made since January, we know... Freshman QB's don't win big or lead their teams to Conference titles, got it.

Now lets just hope one of the upperclassmen isn't as ****** as its been reported come September, because if you believe this is a win now season, then that's what they better do.

I don't blame you for being skeptical about Rosier and Shirreffs. I'm just as skeptical. Point here is that we better hope they can rise to the occasion and beat out Perry because what we'd be expecting Perry to do has never been done.

If Rick is forced to start Perry because those guys are too sorry to hold off a guy with a month of practice under his belt, then we're in for a very frustrating season with some losses that no one ever expected. History tells us that it's a virtual certainty.

So, yeah, Perry might win the job. But if he does then that means we're in deep trouble this year unless you're good with 7 or 8 wins and "building for the future."

Advertisement
Plus, in the Spring Scrimmage they both looked pedestrian, so when reputable people are telling us these guys basically look like ****, what do you expect the reaction to be?

You don't have to quell the excitement fans have about Perry on every single thread, we've heard the case being made since January, we know... Freshman QB's don't win big or lead their teams to Conference titles, got it.

^^This!!!! Thank you LCE! The excitement is fueled by credible reports. Dudes just want to feel excited/optimistic about the season, during the offseason. I don't understand why something so simple is being made to be so contentious.

What's the "credible report" on Perry? He hasn't participated in a single practice yet.

But, if either of them lose to FSU do yall think they should still be the starter for the rest of the season?

Also, the reason why a lot of people aren't so gung-ho about the upperclassmen is because practically every report we've heard from anyone who's seen practice has said that neither Rosier or Shirreffs has looked good by any standard.

Now lets just hope one of the upperclassmen isn't as ****ty as its been reported come September, because if you believe this is a win now season, then that's what they better do.

I don't blame you for being skeptical about Rosier and Shirreffs. I'm just as skeptical. Point here is that we better hope they can rise to the occasion and beat out Perry because what we'd be expecting Perry to do has never been done.

If Rick is forced to start Perry because those guys are too sorry to hold off a guy with a month of practice under his belt, then we're in for a very frustrating season with some losses that no one ever expected. History tells us that it's a virtual certainty.

So, yeah, Perry might win the job. But if he does then that means we're in deep trouble this year unless you're good with 7 or 8 wins and "building for the future."

Not really. This schedule is very weak. Miami has the 2nd easiest schedule in the acc behind louisville. On top of that everybody in the costal is breaking in a new qb and most of them dont have good options to go with. How many freshmen have had as easy of a schedule as this one?

I agree with you about Rosier but personally I'm very disappointed in Rosier. I thought for sure he would win the starting job and we wouldn't be having these conversations about Perry. The fact that he's entering his 4th year and can't beat out a true freshman who just arrived on campus is very disturbing.

Actually, that's not a fact.

A perfect example of what I'm talking about: people getting reality and fantasy mixed up in their heads.

Here's the fact, Rosier hasn't beat out a true freshmans, because the competition hasn't even begun. There hasn't been even one practice with Rosier, Perry, and the other QB's, so of course you can't even make that statement. It's not based on reality.

Perry may win out, Rosier may win out, etc, but one thing is a fact for sure: the competition hasn't even started.

Good Point!!!!!!!

Now lets just hope one of the upperclassmen isn't as ****ty as its been reported come September, because if you believe this is a win now season, then that's what they better do.

Not really. This schedule is very weak. Miami has the 2nd easiest schedule in the acc behind louisville. On top of that everybody in the costal is breaking in a new qb and most of them dont have good options to go with. How many freshmen have had as easy of a schedule as this one?

I wonder if that is why Chise specifically said "losses that no one ever expected"..........

Advertisement

I agree that our schedule is pretty easy. I have no idea the comparative strengths of schedules of all true freshmans QBs in the history of college football. But I doubt that they all faced brutal schedules.

Ever since I've been watching college football there comes a time that every team has a new or freshman QB to start the season. Some are really good, some average, but I don't see Rosier or Sherriffs handcuffing this team to the degree some here are predicting. Do you believe every QB (4) that defeated us last year were so substantially better than Rosier and or Sherriffs given that we'll have a better pass and run blocking OL this year? I have seen new qb's take center for top teams every season and it's rarely the complete debacle some here are predicting.

We may be judging Rosier and Sherriffs too harshly. Because they have been up against this Miami defense and Perry hasn't faced them yet.

We're in a tough situation. The fact the Rosier and Sherriffs aren't seniors means that if you give them the job this year then you have to keep a QB "competition" going forward instead of settling in with your guy next offseason. This is why you draft QB's every year. It would be ideal if we had a one year guy to give Perry time to learn the system. I'm sure he's had the playbook but that doesn't mean he's ready to execute it while facing a defense that is giving him multiple looks.

^^This!!!! Thank you LCE! The excitement is fueled by credible reports. Dudes just want to feel excited/optimistic about the season, during the offseason. I don't understand why something so simple is being made to be so contentious.

What's the "credible report" on Perry? He hasn't participated in a single practice yet.

The credible reports are on Rosier and Shirrefs not having the ideal skill set and overall make up of the type of QB Richt is confident in. These report also suggest that Richt is extremely high on Perry, and that he believes that Perry has these missing abilities or traits as a QB. This rightfully would lead the average fan to be excited about Perry. Richt is hype about Perry possibly saving the QB situation, thus UM fans are excited over that possibility as well. It's really simple.

Advertisement
You have to share the historical data and 10+ win strawman argument with UM's HC Mark Richt. I'd love to hear his response. His words and behaviors have created the excitement for Perry.

Ever since I've been watching college football there comes a time that every team has a new or freshman QB to start the season. Some are really good, some average, but I don't see Rosier or Sherriffs handcuffing this team to the degree some here are predicting. Do you believe every QB (4) that defeated us last year were so substantially better than Rosier and or Sherriffs given that we'll have a better pass and run blocking OL this year? I have seen new qb's take center for top teams every season and it's rarely the complete debacle some here are predicting.

um we lost to francois, kizer, trubisky and evans so yes they were a lot better

Now lets just hope one of the upperclassmen isn't as ****** as its been reported come September, because if you believe this is a win now season, then that's what they better do.

I'm not against that at all, I've said from day 1 I expect one of the upperclassmen to start.

I would also add to your point that we could be in for a frustrating season even with Rosier or Shirreffs at the helm.

The exact same games that Perry could lose, could just as well be lost in the same fashion with them, and that's been my point of contention from the start.

If people who've seen practice hadn't been telling us the entire Spring that both of them basically looked average on their best day, most people wouldn't even consider Perry starting as a possibility.

L OH EL

Rick's words are that there will be an open QB competition, and the QB that gives us the best chance to win will be the starter. All he's officially said about Perry is that he'll be given very opportunity to win the job, as will the other QBs. Rick hasn't indicated in anyway shape or form that Perry is in the lead, or that he even expects him to win the competition.

Advertisement

What makes you think Rosier or Shirreffs won't lose us games that Perry would as a starter? I think we are screwed if we start any of those two fools. They were hot garbage during the spring. Granted, our defense is good and better with the summer arrivals but overall they were a hot pile of trash. If Perry is better and proves to protect the ball and make plays then ride with it. Some growing pains for sure but our defense will keep us in every game.

1. The reason people don't have confidence in Rosier/Sheriffs is not that they don't excel against our D, it's that neither has been able to perform consistently. The coaches know the difference between a great defensive play and a QB messing up, and they haven't seen either guy show consistency.
2. Assuming Perry will be the starter is exactly as silly as assuming one of the other guys will. The older guys have had some chances and Perry has not, but none have shown much of anything to get excited about as yet.
3. As others have said, Richt wants to play the best guy, so this idea that he's "signaling" that he'll play Perry is BS. I'm sure he wants Perry to win the job, but he's not going to just give it to him. And if he did, we'd need to have a serious conversation about him being the right coach for this team. A good coach always does his best to put his team in a position to win, and doesn't let his personal feelings about the players get in the way of that.
4. As of now, I don't see any reason to be more or less confident in this season based on who the QB will be. Right now any of these guys might be great or terrible, so I'm confused as to how people are picking favorites.

Advertisement
Nobody has ever even insinuated that Richt is gonna gift Perry the job. Just more strawman arguments. Again, If U have issue with the excitement for Perry, take it with Mark Richt, he is excited and anticipating his presence in the QB competition as well, just like most fans who aren't trolling the situation.

Think about it like this...last year, if FSU played against us with Sean McGuire instead of Deondre Francois, do you really think we lose that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back