UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Rosier or Shirreffs is the starter...

But, if either of them lose to FSU do yall think they should still be the starter for the rest of the season?

Also, the reason why a lot of people aren't so gung-ho about the upperclassmen is because practically every report we've heard from anyone who's seen practice has said that neither Rosier or Shirreffs has looked good by any standard.

Plus, in the Spring Scrimmage they both looked pedestrian, so when reputable people are telling us these guys basically look like ****, what do you expect the reaction to be?

You don't have to quell the excitement fans have about Perry on every single thread, we've heard the case being made since January, we know... Freshman QB's don't win big or lead their teams to Conference titles, got it.

Now lets just hope one of the upperclassmen isn't as ****ty as its been reported come September, because if you believe this is a win now season, then that's what they better do.

I don't blame you for being skeptical about Rosier and Shirreffs. I'm just as skeptical. Point here is that we better hope they can rise to the occasion and beat out Perry because what we'd be expecting Perry to do has never been done.

If Rick is forced to start Perry because those guys are too sorry to hold off a guy with a month of practice under his belt, then we're in for a very frustrating season with some losses that no one ever expected. History tells us that it's a virtual certainty.

So, yeah, Perry might win the job. But if he does then that means we're in deep trouble this year unless you're good with 7 or 8 wins and "building for the future."

Not really. This schedule is very weak. Miami has the 2nd easiest schedule in the acc behind louisville. On top of that everybody in the costal is breaking in a new qb and most of them dont have good options to go with. How many freshmen have had as easy of a schedule as this one?

I agree that our schedule is pretty easy. I have no idea the comparative strengths of schedules of all true freshmans QBs in the history of college football. But I doubt that they all faced brutal schedules.

I can't think of any who did except for Jalen Hurts...who is essentially just a pawn in that offense instead of the catalyst because their running game is

Advertisement
Nobody has ever even insinuated that Richt is gonna gift Perry the job. Just more strawman arguments. Again, If U have issue with the excitement for Perry, take it with Mark Richt, he is excited and anticipating his presence in the QB competition as well, just like most fans who aren't trolling the situation.

I think we're all excited to see what Perry can do. Some of us just aren't anointing him already as many have, and pointing out that the odds of Perry leading this team to a great season, while not impossible, is historically unlikely.

Nobody has ever even insinuated that Richt is gonna gift Perry the job. Just more strawman arguments. Again, If U have issue with the excitement for Perry, take it with Mark Richt, he is excited and anticipating his presence in the QB competition as well, just like most fans who aren't trolling the situation.

I think we're all excited to see what Perry can do. Some of us just aren't anointing him already as many have, and pointing out that the odds of Perry leading this team to a great season, while not impossible, is historically unlikely.

That's cool, I respect that. I like how U put that, without all the extra ish

It could happen, the first time in college football history it would happen, that we tear it up with a true freshmans QB.

A more historically realistic scenario to get to a really good season, which reasonable CIS posters are discussing, is something like a somewhat more experienced Rosier being a good enough distributor as a QB, and with our defense leading the way, getting to 10-11 wins in the 12 game regular season.

I think people need to ignore the historical aspect of a true freshman starting and simply look at who we have around perry that creates an enviorment for him to be succesful. Every position group on this team is elite in terms of the ACC other than the offensive line which will improve just due to improved conditioning and donaldson and gauthier playing the whole season. In addition perry's mobility will be extremely helpful in helping this offensive line because lets face it Brad Kaaya was about as slow an immobile as it gets at the QB spot. Unless sherreifs or Rosier blows perry out of the water during fall camp there is no reason not to start perry let him warm up during our first two games which we should win easily (Arkansas State could provide a decent challenge but our defense will prevent it from getting to close) and let it rip vs FSU. I have 100 percent confidence that our boys on defense are going to come out like rabid dogs against FSU and try to make a statement we dominated them on that side of the ball last year other than the missed assignment on the swing pass to cook and cook breaking free for a few long runs. No dalvin is going to hurt them ALOT and im telling you are defense is going to knock the frenchy on his F****** A** and make a statement. I have many freinds who are bigtime FSU fans and people are worried sick about there offensive line which is the worst group to be lacking against our defense

Advertisement
FSU losing Dalvin hurts them more than us losing Kaaya.

I like our chances with whomever our staff picks at qb.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bernie Kosar, RS FR, 11-1.

Just because it hasn't be done doesn't mean it won't. Roster and schedule set up well.

A true freshman QB with Doormatt protecting his blind side and Linder snapping him the ball. What possibly could go wrong here?

Perry is gonna struggle at times if he starts. That's just fact.

I still think he's the most talented kid on the rooster. Malik and Evan just aren't Power 5 starters IMO.

We gotta figure this **** out though, bc we absolutely need to un**** this program. THIS year.

Advertisement
I don't think people are anointing perry. Nobody is expecting him to come in and automatically contend for a heisman. The problem is that the guys we have are that bad. People ask what the odds are that a freshman leads us to a great season, well having seen Rosier and Shireffs, what are the odds of them leading us to a great year. If it's even close, I say go with the younger option.

A true freshman QB with Doormatt protecting his blind side and Linder snapping him the ball. What possibly could go wrong here?

your such an a$$ for making that kind of statement . get off your fat butt and tell the coaches that they have the wrong people playing the line.

Advertisement
Summary for those who haven't read the whole thread:

We need to win games this season, and Perry may or may not give us a better shot of doing this than Shirreffs or Rosier. Both scenarios mean bad things for this program, which should be immediately shuttered after the FSU game. Also, we need to stop discussing anything related to this topic because the competition hasn't really started yet.

The thing about that is this 1st things first Linder ain't playing this year I'm telling you darling Donaldson and gauthier are gonna keep him off the field and as far as McDermott he isn't going to playing along the interior part of the line where he struggled he will play LT where he played quite well towards the end of the last season. Offensive line looked worse than it was because of kaaya and his limitations which in turn really made it hard for the oline. Perry's mobility is going to help ALOT plus the line it's self wil be better all of which will help tremendously

Perry is the only QB on the roster with the talent to be a P5 caliber starter. If he can't win the job, we have problems.

Weldon is very talented as well. Those are the only two legit options. We very well may see one of sheriff's or rosier for the first two weeks until fspew but we'll see. I think we'd be better off getting either or some game action to prepare as much as possible.

Advertisement

I still think he's the most talented kid on the rooster. Malik and Evan just aren't Power 5 starters IMO.

We gotta figure this **** out though, bc we absolutely need to un**** this program. THIS year.

Of course he is... Brad Kaaya struggled all the time even as a veteran. N'Kosi Perry isnt going to kill our chances of winning games, for one he's smart and a dual threat, and Mark Walton and our WRs and TEs will be there to share much of the load on offense.

Defense is going to be the X Factor that will be able to bail us out of offensive mistakes... not worried, i believe whatever the record will be, will be better than if the last qb was still here.

I hope Rosier or Shirreffs is the starter...

But, if either of them lose to FSU do yall think they should still be the starter for the rest of the season?

Also, the reason why a lot of people aren't so gung-ho about the upperclassmen is because practically every report we've heard from anyone who's seen practice has said that neither Rosier or Shirreffs has looked good by any standard.

Plus, in the Spring Scrimmage they both looked pedestrian, so when reputable people are telling us these guys basically look like ****, what do you expect the reaction to be?

You don't have to quell the excitement fans have about Perry on every single thread, we've heard the case being made since January, we know... Freshman QB's don't win big or lead their teams to Conference titles, got it.

Now lets just hope one of the upperclassmen isn't as ****ty as its been reported come September, because if you believe this is a win now season, then that's what they better do.

I don't blame you for being skeptical about Rosier and Shirreffs. I'm just as skeptical. Point here is that we better hope they can rise to the occasion and beat out Perry because what we'd be expecting Perry to do has never been done.

If Rick is forced to start Perry because those guys are too sorry to hold off a guy with a month of practice under his belt, then we're in for a very frustrating season with some losses that no one ever expected. History tells us that it's a virtual certainty.

So, yeah, Perry might win the job. But if he does then that means we're in deep trouble this year unless you're good with 7 or 8 wins and "building for the future."

Not really. This schedule is very weak. Miami has the 2nd easiest schedule in the acc behind louisville. On top of that everybody in the costal is breaking in a new qb and most of them dont have good options to go with. How many freshmen have had as easy of a schedule as this one?

I agree that our schedule is pretty easy. I have no idea the comparative strengths of schedules of all true freshmans QBs in the history of college football. But I doubt that they all faced brutal schedules.

I can't think of any who did except for Jalen Hurts...who is essentially just a pawn in that offense instead of the catalyst because their running game is

In most instances of agree with the freshman argument. However I really do feel either Perry or Weldon is capable of refuting that THIS SEASON... First and foremost our schedule is a complete joke. #2 based upon the schedule and our running game we will be able to slowly get him accustomed to driving. It also can't be left out that the vast majority of teams we play this year are breaking in New qbs as well. We atleast have one of the nation's best defenses and a decent running game to back him up. I also feel for the first time in a LONG TIME our special teams will be prolific again. Badgelys importance to this particular season has to be noted as well. I'd love to say the hopes of our season don't rest on the shoulders of either of these freshman starting out but I'd be less than realistic. I understand everyone else's logic and it's sound but these two of sheriff's and rosier are BAD and not like run dmc or 'll cool j. Besides this is the perfect season moving forward for our future qb to get experience in.

Interesting. Malik has actually started a Power 5 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back