UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosier threw at least 2 picks in every single scrimmage this Spring and ya'll are comfortable with him as the starter? lol

Those of us uncomfortable with Perry as the starter are uncomfortable because of the overwhelming historical data against him. If you're happy winning 7 or 8 games this year, then, by all means, hope that Perry wins the job.

Why should we expect Perry to do something that's never been done? Just because we're UM fans?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to hope that a veteran who started and beat a ranked team and is in his 4th year in college football can be a serviceable distributor and manager and get us 10 wins and a Coastal? That sort of thing has been done over and over and over in the history of college football.

This is where the argument gets flawed. You think the team will only win 7 or 8 if a freshmen qb starts but believe they will win more with a veteren qb who isnt that good just because he is older. In either case you could be looking at the same record.

The argument has no flaws because the argument is couched in 100 years of college football history. You're just not getting it. This is about Perry and the overwhelming pile of historical data against him leading us to anything of consequence.

There's no such historical data against a 4th year junior QB (Rosier) with successful starting experience or even against a 2nd year QB (Shirreffs).

The reason there's no data against the others is because of the incredible significance of experience in a college system when it comes to the QB position.

There is also a lot of data that shows qbs who are not good usually dont win a lot of games.

Advertisement
LOL

9-4 means we had a 9-3 or 8-4 regular season record. That's a big ole fūckin' FAIL.

10 regular season wins better be the baseline.

You're not getting it. This has nothing to do with me thinking Rosier or Shirreffs will guarantee anything. I don't think they guarantee anything. If Perry is better than them, then he should start.

However, what I am talking about is clear historical data. If Rick is forced to start a summer enrollee true freshmans QB because the veterans on the roster are worse than he is, then you won't win anything.

The data is overwhelming. That's why we should all hope that one of the veterans is better situated to lead the team right now than Perry is. If they're not, then those 2 veterans REALLY REALLY suck ****, and history tells us we will have a crappy season as the true freshmans QB struggles.

I get your point but data also doesn't step on the field and play the game. We can't predict the future outcome year 1 if Perry starts. Maybe he absolutely kills it or he falls into another data point. Guess we will find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're talking about 100 years of data. It's not just coincidence and happenstance.

The comparison i will throw out is usc 2009. Barkley started as a true freshmen and they went 9-4. Teams have some similarities. Usc had some very good talent on defense with some solid skill position guys on offense.

Usc strength of schedule that year was also 13th in the country. A much stronger schedule than what miami is projected to face this year. So i believe 9 or 10 win regular season still could be had.

When did Barkley enroll? And 9-4 isn't good enough. That would be a fail to me.

He didnt play because he enrolled early. He played because he was better than the other qbs they had. Also i said 9 or 10 regular season wins. Which would put them at 9-3 in the regular season and 2 chances to win 10 games in the acccg and bowl game.

LOL

9-4 means we had a 9-3 or 8-4 regular season record. That's a big ole fūckin' FAIL.

Nobody said anything about going 9-4. That is what barkley did as a freshmen. I said miami could have a 9 or 10 win regular season even with a young qb.

Perry is gonna struggle at times if he starts. That's just fact.

I still think he's the most talented kid on the rooster. Malik and Evan just aren't Power 5 starters IMO.

We gotta figure this **** out though, bc we absolutely need to un**** this program. THIS year.

Rosier threw at least 2 picks in every single scrimmage this Spring and ya'll are comfortable with him as the starter? lol

Those of us uncomfortable with Perry as the starter are uncomfortable because of the overwhelming historical data against him. If you're happy winning 7 or 8 games this year, then, by all means, hope that Perry wins the job.

Why should we expect Perry to do something that's never been done? Just because we're UM fans?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to hope that a veteran who started and beat a ranked team and is in his 4th year in college football can be a serviceable distributor and manager and get us 10 wins and a Coastal? That sort of thing has been done over and over and over in the history of college football.

Please tell me when I said I was comfortable with Perry as our starter. I've made explicitly clear in this same thread that he will struggle (same as you're saying) if he ends up starting. There's no way around it.

Rosier may start. Does that mean he's good? No. He stunk at times this spring. Threw 6 picks in our 3 scrimmages, 2 of which he didn't even feel pressure (I think). Could he win us 9 games though? Sure. Weak schedule this year as already stated by others.

All I've ever said is that Perry is far and away the most talented on the roster. I'm aware that's not exactly going out on a limb.

I hope it clicks for Perry, but to expect him not to make a ton of mistakes this year is just wishful thinking.

At the end of the day, we as fans just want to win games. Pretty pivotal year, so the QB uncertainty is just amplified. Nobody will know anything until toe hits leather...

Advertisement
So I get it, let's just ignore all the historical data, throw all the documented facts out the window, forget any semblance of logic, and hope that everything works out 100% perfectly and Perry does the near impossible, and what has NEVER been done before. EVER.

I've said it before, this would be the biggest story this season, and possibly in the history of college football. It would practically be miraculous.

if it happens, then hallelujah.

It could happen, but odds are way against it. It's way more probable that a QB in the system leads us to 10 wins in the regular season, as 100% of the facts tell you.

So I get it, let's just ignore all the historical data, throw all the documented facts out the window, forget any semblance of logic, and hope that everything works out 100% perfectly and Perry does the near impossible, and what has NEVER been done before. EVER.

I've said it before, this would be the biggest story this season, and possibly in the history of college football. It would practically be miraculous.

if it happens, then hallelujah.

It could happen, but odds are way against it. It's way more probable that a QB in the system leads us to 10 wins in the regular season, as 100% of the facts tell you.

Nobody is even saying perry starts day 1. I think he will be the starter at some point during the year similar to what happened with watson and jackson their freshman year.

And once again with this fact **** about freshmen. The data also shows that bad qbs dont win many games at any level.

LOL

Nobody said anything about going 9-4. That is what barkley did as a freshmen. I said miami could have a 9 or 10 win regular season even with a young qb.

Let me simplify for you: anything less than 10 wins in the regular season is a FAIL.

LOL

Let me simplify for you: anything less than 10 wins in the regular season is a FAIL.

Well let me simplify it for you. You are likely going to be disappointed.

Advertisement
LOL

Let me further simplify it for you. You're one of those low expectation fans that I'm sure was wait and see on Golden right up until he was fired.

Only soft shouldered betas are going to accept anything less than 10 regular season wins as anything but a failure. That's below expectations for any fan that has a pair and loves this program, and it will be a bad performance evaluation review for Rick.

LOL

Let me further simplify it for you. You're one of those low expectation fans that I'm sure was wait and see on Golden right up until he was fired.

Only soft shouldered betas are going to accept anything less than 10 regular season wins as anything but a failure. That's below expectations for any fan that has a pair and loves this program, and it will be a bad performance evaluation review for Rick.

Let me start off by saying that I agree with you. Less than 10 wins is a fail (just like last year). It's time to un**** this program.

But our QB situation has the potential to be incredibly ******, and no amount of chest pumping from fans with huge balls is going to change that.

LOL

Im a realist. I dont live in a fantasy world. This team has question marks a several key positions and you think 10 wins even with the schedule is a lock?

Sherries or Rosier likely give us the best shot to beat FSU. So role with them and make a change mid season if needed.

Advertisement
Sherries or Rosier likely give us the best shot to beat FSU. So role with them and make a change mid season if needed.

Rosier scares me vs an opportunistic defense like that. You know they'll pressure him constantly.

Rosier's biggest criticism is how he tries to make miraculous plays, which lead to turnovers.

If he does that vs FSU, it'll get ugly quick.

Im a realist. I dont live in a fantasy world. This team has question marks a several key positions and you think 10 wins even with the schedule is a lock?

I've never understood the logic that states you expect X number of wins or you don't have a pair. It's possible expecting a national championship has nothing to do with ********s but the fact that you're to dumb to see holes in the roster.

Last edited:
Blame Kaaya.

Showed just how much he cared about The U! Would rather hold a clip board in the NFL than take his shot at owning every UM passing record, getting another chance to beat FSU, winning the Coastal, winning the ACC, making a New Year's 6 bowl, and improving his draft stock.

Instead of that, we're hoping for miracles from a 4-star summer enrollment QB who played "iffy" comp, or that the light suddenly pops on for a 4th-year 3-star who was brought in to be the dual-threat scout QB and career back-up, OR ... Best, yet ... The 3-star 3rd year player who had ZERO other P5 offers, and played 10 minutes away from the place where our HC use to work, and had no interest from UGA ...

Perry better be "The Natural", or Rosier better catch EVERY break this season.

Advertisement
A true freshman QB with Doormatt protecting his blind side and Linder snapping him the ball. What possibly could go wrong here?

The thing about that is this 1st things first Linder ain't playing this year I'm telling you darling Donaldson and gauthier are gonna keep him off the field and as far as McDermott he isn't going to playing along the interior part of the line where he struggled he will play LT where he played quite well towards the end of the last season. Offensive line looked worse than it was because of kaaya and his limitations which in turn really made it hard for the oline. Perry's mobility is going to help ALOT plus the line it's self wil be better all of which will help tremendously

Kaaya's limitations cause the oline to look worse than it was...I'm calling bull**** on that statement. They also couldn't run block. I do believe they will be better this year, but it wont be bc of McDoormat's play. He's a senior and his credits for his collegiate career are for 5 games against Duke, Va, NC ST, Pitt, and WV. Wow

Last edited:

Lol Richt and co gotta earn their keeps this year. We will see what this staffs coaching chops can do.

still blows my mind evan went 39-4 TD to INT ratio in GA and won MVP at a GA all star game, and still didn't get a single P5 offer

how do you even do that?

still blows my mind evan went 39-4 TD to INT ratio in GA and won MVP at a GA all star game, and still didn't get a single P5 offer

how do you even do that?

Well tebow won 2 nattys and a heisman but everyone knew he wouldn't be a QB in the league. Not saying Evan is trash, his scouting report could be a possible reason. Same way Artur has no numbers but is still a somewhat lauded prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back